10 7.69%
  • No, even if contracts were the same.

61 46.92%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Granger or Melo?

Default Re: Granger or Melo?

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Read the post again, I said point guard issues, Melo hurt, Amare not in shape and dead in the family, 3 positions out of five, it would be like removing DC,AJ,Lance(they did not have anybody like them) Danny and West, what kind of record you think we could have?
    Hard to say. I think we'd have a much firmer grasp of the #3 seed if Hill hadn't been injured, though.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Pacers haven't had a very good health record this season. Their two best bench players have missed significant time. Danny was out of shape to start the season, and his shooting is still below average for him. The Pacers have had all types of issues, and still are in a much better position than the Knicks.

That's not even taking into account that Amare would be the best player on the Pacers.

The argument has been that Melo is so much better than Danny that he would make the Pacers instantly better. Well Melo can't even cover up the problems on his own team, with two players that are better than every other Pacer or at the very least better than every other Pacer not named Hibbert or West.

The bigger point is that Carmelo still needs a TEAM around him. If by some way the Pacers and Knicks could swap Danny and Melo, the Pacers aren't turned into a title contender.

They're still the 3rd or 4th best team in the East, trailing both Chicago and Miami.

We're arguing over whether or not Melo is a good enough #1 option or not, when the entire landscape of the NBA has changed. LeBron isn't even good enough to be by himself. Kobe needed Shaq. And then he needed Pau.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Sure, and early on in the thread several people (myself included) acknowledged that. If you're talking about guys you're intent on trading again, then it's Melo all the way.

The thought that led to this post, though, was that I really don't see New York being significantly worse if they had Granger instead of Melo. Melo's a dominating player, for sure, but he also brings drama.

I'm tired of drama. I've had enough of it the past few years. I want guys who are going to go out and play hard and win a lot of games. I don't think swapping in Melo makes us a contender, and I wouldn't want to put up with him if we weren't a contender.

EDIT: Wait, I just re-read your post. You just said "not a huge change"? Then what warrants your incredulity at this thread?
    It's a little bit like saying would you trade Roy Hibbert for Andrew Bynum if they had equal contracts?

If all things are equal, of course you try to make the deal for the better player. Melo is the better player, so you make the deal.

I don't think too many people would be open to swapping Hibbert for Bynum.

I assume, following your logic, that you'd have traded Reggie Miller for Caron Butler (in 2004) if that option was available?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post

I assume, following your logic, that you'd have traded Reggie Miller for Caron Butler (in 2004) if that option was available?
    are you trying to insult Reggie Miller by implying that he was worse than Caron Butler, at any point in time, 2004 or 2012?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Have Danny Granger or Roy Hibbert built up as much loyalty and goodwill as Reggie Miller?

Seriously, when the argument is that you can't trade Granger for Anthony, because Anthony isn't a winner, tell me, what has Granger ever won?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

I would swap Hibbert for Bynum in a heartbeat. There is no comparison....

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    The Pacers haven't had a very good health record this season. Their two best bench players have missed significant time.
    We've had a quite good health record compared to other teams in the East. It's true that we have missed two important bench players for a significant amount of time but teams like the Hawks, the Sixers, the Bulls, the Heat, the Celtics and the Knicks have missed some starters for quite some time. I think that only the Magic had less injuries than us from the teams that are currently in the playoff picture.

I agree with the rest of your post and that's why I thanked it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    No with Bynum needing knee lubrication 3 times a year, no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    are you trying to insult Reggie Miller by implying that he was worse than Caron Butler, at any point in time, 2004 or 2012?

Caron Butler was a great player on those Wizards teams of the mid-2000s. He's still pretty solid now when healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    Have Danny Granger or Roy Hibbert built up as much loyalty and goodwill as Reggie Miller?

Seriously, when the argument is that you can't trade Granger for Anthony, because Anthony isn't a winner, tell me, what has Granger ever won?
    You won't see me arguing against Anthony because he isn't a winner. I distinctly remember Syracuse winning the NCAA Championship in 2003. I just think you have to consider Danny Granger's history as a Pacer as part of his value to the franchise. I'm emotionally invested in the kid in a way that I'm not with Carmelo. I'd rather try to win with him than without him.
    Last edited by LoneGranger33; 02-28-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Banned
    Mood

No with Bynum needing knee lubrication 3 times a year, no thank you.
    This is the silliest thread in history. Bynum is in a different league as a player than Roy. I don't care about his knees... He would be better than Hibbert if he played from his knees.... People won't trade Granger for Melo?

I suppose you wouldn't trade D.C. for Rondo either? That would be just as foolish.....
    Last edited by OlBlu; 02-28-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Banned

This is the silliest thread in history. Bynum is in a different league as a player than Roy. I don't care about his knees... He would be better than Hibbert if he played from his knees.... People won't trade Granger for Melo? Idiots......

I suppose you wouldn't trade D.C. for Rondo either? That would be just as foolish.....
    You don't care about his knees? How somebody can play from his knees? Wtf does that means?

Banned
    Mood

You don't care about his knees? How somebody can play from his knees? Wtf does that means?
    It means that he is in another world talent wise as Hibbert...... It was sarcasm, I know you would find that hard to understand.......

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Idiots......
    Hmm. I thought on all the other places you posted everyone called you names but you don't do that?

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Hmm. I thought on all the other places you posted everyone called you names but you don't do that?
    Not much but you are right. I will correct that. Thank you.......

Let me ask you guys one thing: what effect would bringing Melo here (and sending Granger away) have on the development of Paul George? Or would that even matter?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    Let me ask you guys one thing: what effect would bringing Melo here (and sending Granger away) have on the development of Paul George? Or would that even matter?
    Good question. I don't think it would have a positive effect on Paul's development but I could be wrong. In fact, I don't think that anyone could tell with certainty that it would have a positive, a negative or any kind of effect at all.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The argument "If salaries are the same, take the better player" doesn't make sense to me. Do you guys have no appreciation for the dynamics of team chemistry? Everything about Melo's game has screamed "chemistry killer" in the past, whereas you've never heard a bad word about Danny as a teammate. Melo might be a good guy too but really, everything from the past 12 months suggests that teams are measurably worse with him and better without him.

Not making this deal 100 times out of 100.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

You are right, Bynum is constantly injured. Not to mention Bynum's salary vs Hibbert's.

I don't care about his knees... He would be better than Hibbert if he played from his knees....:

That's got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen on PD! If there was a PD award for the most outrageous posts, you w/o a doubt would win hands down. AND to think you got banned from RATS with those Nazi mods, surely not.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    That's got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen on PD! If there was a PD award for the most outrageous posts, you w/o a doubt would win hands down. AND to think you got banned from RATS with those Nazi mods, surely not.
    And you think that was serious? I was just making the point that he is much better than Hibbert in just about any condition. Now, do you have it? I would make that trade in a heart beat and trade Granger for Mello and this team is a whole lot better.........

Sports Logo

My RealGM account is finally activated. I asked the question. Here's the link to the thread so you can follow it:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...7869&start=495

By the way, here's the first answer:

First thought is, you'd be crazy not to. The thinking about it further, you hesitate because Melo is a ball stopper and our system isn't fit for ball stoppers.

That said, damn - having both Rose and Melo in crunch time to compete with the Heat would be interesting.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post: