Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43

Thread: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

  1. #1
    Member R3B0W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Posts
    44

    Default Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    I don't know if this has been brought up, but while talking Pacers basketball with a friend, I realized that we have yet to wear our yellow alternate uniforms this season. The last time I remember us wearing them were in the playoffs last year. I'm not sure if the retro jerseys have taken over the allowance for an alternate jersey to be worn in a season, or what the rule (if there is one) allows.

    However, while trying to research the reasoning behind this, I learned some interesting facts about alternate jerseys...

    1.) In the NBA, the only teams that have a third jersey as a "home jersey" are the Los Angeles Lakers, New Orleans Hornets and the Indiana Pacers.

    2.) Per NBA rules, teams will only introduce a new third jersey at least two years after unveiling a new logo and uniform set.

    (Just a little FYI)...

    So if anyone knows or has an idea, hopefully we can figure out what the deal is with our yellow alternates this season!

  2. #2
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,918

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    There is a legitimate reason for this, but I forgot what it was. All I know is that I am not upset about it. I liked our gold alternates when they were pinstriped. I don't like the current iteration of the banana suit. Sorry, I'm completely unhelpful to this discussion

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,307

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    We will probably wear them eventually. Last year I don't think we wore them before the all-star break.
    I just wonder why we're using the retro jersey so often, and why do we use the AWAY retro jerseys at HOME?

    By the way...
    ITS NOT YELLOW!! ITS GOLD!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,646

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    Hopefully because whomever is in charge of such things realized they're ugly as all hell.

  7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  8. #5
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,039

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    Maybe we've decided to reserve them for the Playoffs after we played so well in them against the Bulls last year?

    If so... I like it...

    Wear the gold to win the gold!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Member R3B0W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We will probably wear them eventually. Last year I don't think we wore them before the all-star break.
    I just wonder why we're using the retro jersey so often, and why do we use the AWAY retro jerseys at HOME?

    By the way...
    ITS NOT YELLOW!! ITS GOLD!
    Hahaha...being a Purdue graduate, my perception of "Gold" is SOOOO messed up...whether it was "Old Gold" or "Vegas Gold"...and now we're talking about "Pacers Gold"...majoring in Art & Design didn't help either.

  11. #7
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,616

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    is it cause we are wearing the throwbacks so much?

  12. #8
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,088

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    I like the gold alternate jerseys. Mad they haven't wore them at all

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,908
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    Mr. Boyle often calls the Pacers the "blue and yellow menace" on Facebook and I am often tempted to say "Not yellow, GOLD!"

    Glad I'm not the only one.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  15. #10
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,918

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ITS NOT YELLOW!! ITS GOLD!
    Nah dude, that **** is yellow.

  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  17. #11
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,918

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    Quote Originally Posted by R3B0W View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hahaha...being a Purdue graduate, my perception of "Gold" is SOOOO messed up...whether it was "Old Gold" or "Vegas Gold"...and now we're talking about "Pacers Gold"...majoring in Art & Design didn't help either.
    I'm with you. I think Purdue's is gold. If those banana suits are "gold" then so are these smilies.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  19. #12
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully because whomever is in charge of such things realized they're ugly as all hell.
    And cursed...
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  21. #13
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,354
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    Teams must wear an alternate uniform at least 7 times during a season. Odd number, but I bet since we have the throwbacks and not to mention they are wildly popular, we may shelf the Goldie's for a year. I still love them though.

  22. #14
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,031

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    Ya, it seemed like we had a bad habit of playing horribly when we wore gold. Stay away from the gold.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  24. #15
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,942

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a legitimate reason for this, but I forgot what it was. All I know is that I am not upset about it. I liked our gold alternates when they were pinstriped. I don't like the current iteration of the banana suit. Sorry, I'm completely unhelpful to this discussion
    I'm with cdash. I only like the yellow pinstripes. The other "more recent" yellow jerseys look terrible.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  26. #16
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,097

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    Judging by the reaction here,I feel embarrassed to say that I'm probably the only guy that absolutely loves them...

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:


  28. #17
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,307

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    Gold jerseys aren't cursed.
    We won game 4 with them.

  29. #18

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Judging by the reaction here,I feel embarrassed to say that I'm probably the only guy that absolutely loves them...
    Nope, I love the golds too.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to bphil For This Useful Post:


  31. #19
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The South Side
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,305
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    I love the Gold jerseys.....at HOME. As a kid, I always wondered why we didn't wear gold jerseys at home like the Lakers. After all, my mindset was "We're the Blue and GOLD, not the Blue and White." I also love the look of the gold jerseys in terms of simply wearing one as a fan.

    Whenever I see us wearing them on the road, however, I always get that sinking feeling in my mind that "Man, we usually lose in these. Why are we wearing them tonight?!"


    EDIT: BTW, THIS is yellow.....




    This is Gold.......
    Last edited by Day-V; 02-23-2012 at 09:37 AM.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  33. #20
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    I hate the gold jerseys. I think they are ugly- and here's why: The sides of them need to be white, and the names need to be outlined. Indiana, the numbers, and the player names need to be white with blue outline, not vise versa. Blue on yellow looks like puke. White on yellow looks much better.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  34. #21

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    THIS is yellow.....





    This is Gold.......
    inserting the Pacers gold to see where it fits...

    looks darker than your gold, actually

    more like this:
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  35. #22
    Brian Mac_Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    University Heights
    Age
    27
    Posts
    567
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    I like the gold (I've been looking for a Hibbert), but it peeves me that the white home jerseys say Pacers on the front. I miss when both the home and aways had "Indiana" on them. I don't know why it bothers me, but its the reason I haven't purchased a jersey since the pinstripes.
    Last edited by Mac_Daddy; 02-23-2012 at 11:34 AM.


  36. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,156

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way...
    ITS NOT YELLOW!! ITS GOLD!
    I always called them yellow in part because I've always hated them. Don't like those "yella" uniforms at all.

  37. #24
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    36
    Posts
    674

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    I'm just loving the throwback jerseys. might be the best in the NBA.
    Danger Zone

  38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:


  39. #25
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,031

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why haven't we worn Yellow?

    Ya we're rockin' the throwbacks this year, I like them so much better. Paul George in particular rocks it.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. New "Rev30" jerseys to be worn this season, 30% lighter
    By SMosley21 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 08:57 AM
  2. World Cup 2010
    By bellisimo in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 970
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 10:01 AM
  3. hornets yellow unis
    By rel in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 04:09 PM
  4. Yellow card
    By Shooter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 12:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •