Thread: Pacers/Raptors/Memphis

Hybrid View

Default Pacers/Raptors/Memphis

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6tgfqq6

I've been kicking this one around in my head for a little bit and still not sure I like, but I think it's interesting. I think it improves are offensive by leaps and bounds, but does it make the team better.

Indy gets:
    Bargnani
    Claderon
    J. Johnson
    OJ Mayo

Toronto gets
    DG
    DC
    Admunson
    and a conditional 1st somewhere down the line

Memphis gets:
    Dahntay Jones
    Tyler Hansbrough

Our new Roster:
    Hibbert/Foster/PenderGraph
    Bargnani/West
    Geogre/Johnson
    Mayo/Stephenson
    Calderon/Hill/Price

I think we'd have a great rotation of big men with Bargnani playing 10-15 at the 5 and West still getting 25-30 minutes a game dropping Foster into a very bad back friendly 5 minute a game range. PG can play either wing just fine, but Mayo can create his own shot something PG and Danny struggle a bit with and overall his defense is above average. Calderon has good court vison and can stop our offense from looking so constipated. His Defense is horibble along with Bargnani. I think the minutes round out nicely and our 2nd unit improves greatly. Overall Trade Machine gives us 3 more wins. I typically don't agree with it's estimates, but I could see it.

Memphis gets a back up for Allen and a some what hometown kid in Tyler for a injury riddle PF slot for their playoff push.

Toronto gets Equal value for Bargnani and a PG in return for Calderon and a future pick. They have depth a PF, There future center is coming over from Europe next year. Derozen is good. A top 5 pick of there own next year. While I'm not a DC fan as a PG. This summer will be a great Free Agent Class for Point Guards. They'd be taking a step back but setting themselves up for the future nicely.

Default Re: Pacers/Raptors/Memphis

Calderon and Bardnani are probably the worst defenders at their respective positions.

Also, I wouldnt touch neither of their contacts.

Stay away from this trade.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Calderon and Bardnani are probably the worst defenders at their respective positions.

Also, I wouldnt touch neither of their contacts.

Stay away from this trade.
    I agree that there defense is awful and could be among the worst at there positions, but DC is not getting it done either, West is ok but not great, but hopefully Mayo and PG can provide an overall upgrade to the D to make up for some of that and Hill taking a good portion of the PG minutes will help out tremendously. I think Bargnani contract is verry reasonable he makes what a great one dimentional player should. Claderon is way over payed but his contract is up at the end of next season. We either look at resigning him in the 6-8 mil a year range or find someone else. We might get lucky with Lance or by some miracle Marshall falls to us in the draft next year.

Quote Originally Posted by okroe3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree that there defense is awful and could be among the worst at there positions, but DC is not getting it done either, West is ok but not great, but hopefully Mayo and PG can provide an overall upgrade to the D to make up for some of that and Hill taking a good portion of the PG minutes will help out tremendously. I think Bargnani contract is verry reasonable he makes what a great one dimentional player should. Claderon is way over payed but his contract is up at the end of next season. We either look at resigning him in the 6-8 mil a year range or find someone else. We might get lucky with Lance or by some miracle Marshall falls to us in the draft next year.
    Im not willing to part with Granger for this trade.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

If I were the Pacers GM I would demand that Toronto give US their pick in this deal.

Banned

Toronto might be interested as a starting point for a revamped deal but Memphis wouldn't IMO.

Zach Randolph is a few games from returning and Mo Speights' strong play since we set him off has gotten him out of their doghouse so they would have no need for Tyler right now unless someone took Speights. I do think they would like to avoid possible attitude issues with Speights once he gets a massive loss of PT behind Z-Bo and would have interest in Tyler if he was out of the picture.

If they move Mayo they will need a 3 point shooter back in return and I don't see them having interest in D Jones again since his contract next year doesn't fit into their tight finances. For us to get OJ we need a 3rd team to help out unless we gave them George Hill.