Thread: Amazing how powerful fans scorn can be: Arenas opens up

Default Amazing how powerful fans scorn can be: Arenas opens up

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....qa/index.html

SI.com: You talk about being so uncomfortable. But I remember seeing you last year and you were having a good time with the guys in the locker room. Were you just hiding it?

Arenas: You know how you put on a mask? And how when you're not around people you get to be yourself? I'm in the locker room, and I get to be myself. People don't realize NBA players are around their teammates more than their family, so you get to be around everybody, joking, telling your stories and you get to have fun. But as soon as the lights came on, I looked at it like, "These are the wolves. I've got to go perform. I've got to try hard so they don't boo me. I've got to try hard so they don't think I'm a bad guy, I've got to make the shot. If I miss the shot, I'm going to get put on the bench."
    I just didn't know what the hell was going on with me. Mentally, I was just distraught.

SI.com: I don't remember you ever talking about that day in the Wizards' locker room. Can you go into it?

Arenas: I've never talked about it, and I felt like this: The reason I never talked about it was because if [the media] couldn't do your own research to find out the truth, then why should I do it for you? It was like, "If you don't care, I don't care."
    OK, I owed my teammate [Javaris Crittenton] money and I pulled a gun on him? OK, does that even make sense, like I owed you money but I'm pulling a gun on you?
    When somebody writes an article, it can be 10 percent right and 90 percent wrong, but if they write it, it's going to be 100 percent right. And the more you try to explain it, the more you look like you're lying.
    If I did everything they said I did in that locker room, how come they never tried to void my contract? That's the only way I can explain it. Not even attempted [to void the contract]. Not even talked about attempting it. That's actual facts. I'm not making that up.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1n0WumRpB
    I won't post the entire article. I know it's habit around here, but really without permission to post an entire article we shouldn't be doing that.

It's never that hard to click on the link.

Default Re: Amazing how powerful fans scorn can be: Arenas opens up

I always felt Peter Vescey didn't get the proper amount of scorn for basically destroying part of Arenas' career with that poorly researched first article.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I won't post the entire article. I know it's habit around here, but really without permission to post an entire article we shouldn't be doing that.

It's never that hard to click on the link.
    Why don't you leave the worrying about that is right and what is wrong to me, as the sole responsible person for that stuff?

Link and source, stick to that and I will carry what comes.

Why are you even suggesting we don't have "permission" from several outlets we post articles from?

And yes it is hard to click on the link for some, where those links are not allowed or where it is charged or where the content heavy pages cost to much to download, or where the adverts are simply to much to carry, or worse, illegal.

Or at your place of work it may be acceptable to read PD but not SI (who knows what edict was put out after the last swimsuit edition)
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post: