Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 64

Thread: AJ deserves some props

  1. #26
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,801

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance vs. AJ..because I think Hill is a SG, and I think he should be playing SG. I've really got no problem with Lance playing a few minutes of development time, if Larry insists, I just think we need to have a point guard in the game at all times.
    I judge George Hill primarily on his time as a Pacer, and therefore don't really have a problem with people debating GH v. AJ price as point guards(I would largely stay out of this debate). Personally, I believe he needs to play point guard to justify trading for him. While I would vote for GH over AJ, I am perfectly comfortable with you preferring AJ.

    I also think Matchup's involving GH at SG are a completely different discussion.

  2. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See, now you're making it seem like he's done this since the season started. Dude didn't even SNIFF playing time until after the Super Bowl.


    I think it's a little hypocritical.
    There is a reason why I posted his stats for the whole year, if I wanted to do the same thing you guys are doing I would say !LIN IS GETTING 25PPG IN THE LAST 8 GAMES!!! and I would put a dancing banana next to it.

  3. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Lin was on our team, all Vnzla81 would talk about was his turnovers.
    It must be true if you say so right? ...............

  4. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And who was New Jersey's Point Guard that AJ was going against there in the 4th quarter?

    And it's not even about New Jersey. Any reasonable Pacers fan would tell you that AJ has definitely improved over the last few games.
    I said that he did a good job againts NJ but still I'm not going to ignore that's still New Jersey Dwill or not.


    edit: Dwill still got his by the way, let's not act like he shot him down.

  5. #30

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I judge George Hill primarily on his time as a Pacer, and therefore don't really have a problem with people debating GH v. AJ price as point guards(I would largely stay out of this debate). Personally, I believe he needs to play point guard to justify trading for him. While I would vote for GH over AJ, I am perfectly comfortable with you preferring AJ.

    I also think Matchup's involving GH at SG are a completely different discussion.
    But I don't understand that thought process.

    Without Hill, we only have Lance as a backup SG. I guess we could play Dahntay there, but Vogel tends to prefer that he's used as a backup SF. Whereas, without Hill, we've got AJ and (although, I don't agree with this either) Lance.

    We also had a second year player, who has a knack for getting into foul trouble, at the SG spot.

    The Hill trade was justified the second we traded Rush and let Dunleavy walk.

    Sure, defensively, he may struggle more so against an SG. But he struggles on offense as a PG. And I'd take good offense and good defense over bad offense and great defense. (I mean heck, look at how well AJ defended two oversize SG's against NJ) When Hill and AJ were together, sure it was only a few games, but those two were like a buzz saw on defense together.

    Now, personally, if AJ was traded tomorrow, I'd still say I don't think Lance is ready to be a regular rotation minute guy. But I understand that Larry wants Lance to get some time, and I think you can do that, while still having the main backcourt off the bench being AJ and Hill. In fact, it might help keep everyone fresher as a lot of games are being played.

  6. #31

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's played well, it went a bit unnoticed because we lost four of the past six games.

    Our bench backcourt could be really good. In the few games we've seen them, Hill and AJ played really well together. And if Lance came in and added five to ten minutes of his energy, it could be a lot of fun. But at the end of the day, AJ does make our bench better, and the coaching staff should consider letting him keep his minutes.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Lance steal some of Dahntay's minutes when Hill gets back. Lance is strong enough to match up against certain sfs. An AJ/Hill/Lance combo at the 1-3 could make for some good ball movement.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:


  8. #32
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said that he did a good job againts NJ but still I'm not going to ignore that's still New Jersey Dwill or not.


    edit: Dwill still got his by the way, let's not act like he shot him down.
    Aj never had to defend Dwill, except on switches. We also needed DG playing great to win that game over a crappy team

    Aj did a good job keeping marrow from getting post position, which DC and GH have both struggled doing.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:


  10. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    By the way here are AJ real numbers for those that care:


    4.1ppg 1.6apg 1.2rpg while shooting an amazing 338% and .308%


    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...priceaj01.html

  11. #34
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way here are AJ real numbers for those that care:


    4.1ppg 1.6apg 1.2rpg while shooting an amazing 338% and .308%


    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...priceaj01.html
    Man, who cares about numbers? All myself, the OP, and a few others are trying to imply is that he has been playing well lately, that he's improved greatly over those first few games he took over for GH where he looked absolutely lost and couldn't throw a rock into the ocean.

    I don't think either of us are implying that he's played better than Hill (Nor am i implying that you're implying that.....you follow me?), but that he's simply fulfilling his role on the team at a pretty good level the last few games. He's hitting shots, making some good passes, and giving a good effort on the defensive side of the ball.

    For being a 3rd String Point Guard, he's done pretty damn well lately.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  13. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, who cares about numbers? All myself, the OP, and a few others are trying to imply is that he has been playing well lately, that he's improved greatly over those first few games he took over for GH where he looked absolutely lost and couldn't throw a rock into the ocean.

    I don't think either of us are implying that he's played better than Hill (Nor am i implying that you're implying that.....you follow me?), but that he's simply fulfilling his role on the team at a pretty good level the last few games. He's hitting shots, making some good passes, and giving a good effort on the defensive side of the ball.

    For being a 3rd String Point Guard, he's done pretty damn well lately.
    There is no reason to get all upset you guys did it to yourself, all I did was make a comment about not trusting the numbers because of the blowouts and the quality of the opposition and you guys attacked my comments, you like to jump on people that "trash our players" I get it that's your thing.

    Either way "trashing AJ" was not my intention but bringing a different perspective, go ahead and keep celebrating while I move away from this thread

    I'll be opening a Tyler Hansbrough thread tomorrow by the way, his shooting percentage numbers in the last 5games are off the hook

  14. #36
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,579
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no reason to get all upset you guys did it to yourself, all I did was make a comment about not trusting the numbers because of the blowouts and the quality of the opposition and you guys attacked my comments, you like to jump on people that "trash our players" I get it that's your thing.

    Either way "trashing AJ" was not my intention but bringing a different perspective, go ahead and keep celebrating while I move away from this thread

    I'll be opening a Tyler Hansbrough thread tomorrow by the way, his shooting percentage numbers in the last 5games are off the hook

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  16. #37

    Question Re: AJ deserves some props

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no reason to get all upset you guys did it to yourself, all I did was make a comment about not trusting the numbers because of the blowouts and the quality of the opposition and you guys attacked my comments, you like to jump on people that "trash our players" I get it that's your thing.

    Either way "trashing AJ" was not my intention but bringing a different perspective, go ahead and keep celebrating while I move away from this thread

    I'll be opening a Tyler Hansbrough thread tomorrow by the way, his shooting percentage numbers in the last 5games are off the hook
    You don't need to, we all saw the games, and there are a quite a few who know when Tyler's jumper is on its great, otherwise he is useless and runs around like a maniac.

  17. #38
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,801

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But I don't understand that thought process.

    Without Hill, we only have Lance as a backup SG. I guess we could play Dahntay there, but Vogel tends to prefer that he's used as a backup SF. Whereas, without Hill, we've got AJ and (although, I don't agree with this either) Lance.

    We also had a second year player, who has a knack for getting into foul trouble, at the SG spot.

    The Hill trade was justified the second we traded Rush and let Dunleavy walk.

    Sure, defensively, he may struggle more so against an SG. But he struggles on offense as a PG. And I'd take good offense and good defense over bad offense and great defense. (I mean heck, look at how well AJ defended two oversize SG's against NJ) When Hill and AJ were together, sure it was only a few games, but those two were like a buzz saw on defense together.

    Now, personally, if AJ was traded tomorrow, I'd still say I don't think Lance is ready to be a regular rotation minute guy. But I understand that Larry wants Lance to get some time, and I think you can do that, while still having the main backcourt off the bench being AJ and Hill. In fact, it might help keep everyone fresher as a lot of games are being played.
    My opinion of the trade is directly tied to what happens the rest of the season and this summer, however smart teams don't give 7 million dollar contracts to undersized shooting guards. We didn't trade away a pick and bring him here to be an undersized shooting guard.

    DJ has been playing shooting guard whenever he is on the floor with Danny. A lot of George Hills minutes have gone to him. Danny and PG have also both been playing a lot of minutes. I could push for Lance to take Jones minutes, but the coach needs to be willing to give PG DJ's minutes at SF first.

    I have almost started the Dahantay Jones thread on several occasions, but the guy was actually making shots for a while so I held back. DJ has had a few craptastic games recently so it may be soon. Wether I or someone else starts it I expect the Dahantay Jones thread to be epic:-)(not really but there are alot of sides). I am trying to keep this loosely connected to AJ via George Hills minutes, so I really shouldn't talk about DJ anymore.

    For the sake of not highjacking the thread I will also let you slide on the Larry Bird micromanagement assumption(here's to a semi friendly interaction).
    Last edited by spazzxb; 02-21-2012 at 05:11 AM.

  18. #39
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,860

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    I don't really get why it has to be AJ vs Lance or AJ vs GH3. Personally, I prefer to support all the guys on my team. There's no need in finding scapegoats for anything.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  20. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    I was been sarcastic Mackey Rose.

  21. #41
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,081

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was been sarcastic Mackey Rose.
    My mistake, I figured you probably just didn't buy into the accuracy and validity, of the totally objective, shooting percentage numbers.

  22. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My mistake, I figured you probably just didn't buy into the accuracy and validity, of the totally objective, shooting percentage numbers.
    No really, my point is that even as a Tyler fan I could see that he has been garbage all year, if I was blindsided by my Tyler glasses I'll be finding every single piece of stats to make him look good, like on the last fives games were his shooting percentage is over .400 I could say that "the old Tyler is back" or that "he is just getting better" but the true is that I got to watch the games and must of those points and rebounds came againts crappy teams and in blowouts just like AJ's numbers.

  23. #43
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,598

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    Man, is it that hard to just give AJ his props for a good week, without slicing, dicing and disecting every angle?

    I mean, at least currently, he is a Pacer right? The team we root for to succeed correct?
    Sittin on top of the world!

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  25. #44
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,860

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, is it that hard to just give AJ his props for a good week, without slicing, dicing and disecting every angle?
    Apparently, to a lot of people it is.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  27. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, is it that hard to just give AJ his props for a good week, without slicing, dicing and disecting every angle?

    I mean, at least currently, he is a Pacer right? The team we root for to succeed correct?
    I did, I said that he did a great job againts NJ.

  28. #46
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,413

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    I think AJ is a pretty decent backup pg. People here just need to cry about something. I wonder if other fan forums give so much attention to their reserve pg.

  29. #47
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,860

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think AJ is a pretty decent backup pg. People here just need to cry about something. I wonder if other fan forums give so much attention to their reserve pg.
    Most fan forums are quite similar with PD, actually. People tend to downplay or overreact about their players. In almost every fan forum, there are scapegoats, people who hate said scapegoats and want to ship them for a bag of nachos and people who defend said scapegoats.

    Reading other team's boards is a quite fan and rewarding experience, actually
    Last edited by Nuntius; 02-21-2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: wanted to elaborate a bit more

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  31. #48
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,598

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I did, I said that he did a great job againts NJ.
    Wasn't singling you out brah, just a general statement

    Besides after attending the party at bills last year and being a witness to the beastality going on with buck and friends (no need for green, you know im playing) I feel a special bond, that I could call you out personally if I had too

    Sittin on top of the world!

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  33. #49
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,598

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most fan forums are quite similar with PD, actually. People tend to downplay or overreact about their players. In almost every fan forum, there are scapegoats, people who hate said scapegoats and want to ship them for a bag of nachos and people who defend said scapegoats.

    Reading other team's boards is a quite fan and rewarding experience, actually
    You aint never lying

    Go to the RealGM board of say Chicago or the HEAT. God forbid they lose a game, the overeaction is priceless, and will say we tend to over react here a lot less , in my opinion, then those guys
    Sittin on top of the world!

  34. #50
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,860

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: AJ deserves some props

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go to the RealGM board of say Chicago or the HEAT. God forbid they lose a game, the overeaction is priceless, and will say we tend to over react here a lot less , in my opinion, then those guys
    Of course, I go there. One of the reasons I want them to lose is to read all the overreactions. PSD forums are priceless as well. When the Heat had a 3 game losing skid earlier in this season one of their game threads went over 100 pages long

    Oh, the good times..

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Coaching/player props
    By imawhat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 02:53 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 04:20 PM
  3. Give Fred Jones some props too
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 07:58 AM
  4. Croshere deserves the game ball tonight
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 02:35 PM
  5. Which team deserves to win it all?
    By MSA2CF in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-03-2004, 12:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •