Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Win 2 free tickets to one of six Pacer home games

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Win 2 free tickets to one of six Pacer home games

Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well I have some pretty cool things that happened on the court before games at MSA, but to keep it completely off court.....Back in the good ol' days (90's) my friends parents always took my buddy and I to a few games every year, and we would always stay at different hotels throughout the city so that it could kind of be a new experience each time. Plus my buddies mom was one of those crazy shoppers so she was always wanting to check out different stores downtown, out at Keystone, etc....Anyways we stayed in the downtown Hampton one time, and my buddy and I thought it would be a cool idea to stroll around downtown at 1 a.m. Being from a small town up north surrounded by cornfields this was quite the thrilling experience for us. So we are strolling along, and for some reason both of us had all of our money for the gift shop during the game, which was the following day, with us. This group of guys called us over.....and we went, don't ask why but it was probably because we were a little scared not to. Dude had a newspaper, three 2 liter caps, and an eraser. We got hustled out of all our money trying to guess which cap the eraser was under. Not a very cool moment at the time, because we had to explain to his mom why she needed to give us gift shop money. I definitely look back on it now though and laugh.
    Hartford City!!! lol That is pretty cool if you don't give this man some tickets I will. lol hit me up man.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My best off the court Pacers experience is when I get to sit with my grandparents and watch the Pacers in our living room. My grandpa and I attend a game or so a year, and it's our true bonding as he has assumed the role of father figure after my fathers passing.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Wish I could thank this one twice

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:

Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This was my entry in another tix giveaway thread so I apologize in advance for the redundancy.

Note: I did NOT win the aforementioned tickets.

I've actually got two pretty good ones. I used to be a bartender at Rock Bottom downtown and both stories happened there.

Once, Big Smooth and his girlfriend came into to eat on a weekday afternoon. It was nice outside and they wanted to sit on the patio. It was really slow and I'm a huge Smooth fan so I picked up their table. They were having a nice time, joking around and at one point, his girl asked if she could have a steak knife. I went in the kitchen, grabbed the knife, and came back to the table and just as soon as I handed it to her, she lunged across the table at Smooth wielding this knife like a crazed lunatic. She was, of course, fooling around but there was a split second, when everything went into slo-mo, when I briefly and very strongly considered tackling Big Smooth's girl.

The other time, Ronnie came into the bar after a home game and wanted to know if he could get something to eat. I told him that the kitchen had been closed and all the guys were gone. He said "Can't I get some pasta or something?" and I was like "Sorry, man. I can get you some chips and salsa." He acquiesced and left. Just a few nights later, the brawl happened. Of course, at that point the story became about how I refused to serve Ron Artest but you know how bartenders can be sometimes.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5_7_Clash For This Useful Post:

Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ah, late to the party once again.

SOMEDAY!!!!!!!

Congrats guys! Go Pacers!

Mood

Thank you both for your generosity in giving away the tickets, and for considering me in those decisions. Congratulations to the winners, and have fun at the game(s) you attend!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post: