Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win 2 free tickets to one of six Pacer home games

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Win 2 free tickets to one of six Pacer home games

So tonight, they gave out those little scratch cards where you win either something from the concession stands or 2 tickets to a Pacer game. Somehow, despite my historical penchant for bad luck, I won two tickets to one of six Pacers game. Except there's one problem: I'm already in Area55.

So I want to pass the promo code to someone who can use it for one of six possible home games which can be found here:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/pacers_win_dot_com.html

To win, I want to hear your favorite OFF-THE-COURT Pacers experience. I'll be choosing a winner at 5PM tomorrow, February 20th and PMing them the code, because it MUST be redeemed by Tuesday, February 21st.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Win 2 free tickets to one of six Pacer home games

I got 2 of those, so 4 tickets. I will gladly give my codes to the runner-up, or someone with a family/group.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:

Honestly, my best off court Pacers moment have been the opportunity the pacers have given me to build a relationship with my dad. We have gone to multiple games together and I don't think we hardly have a conversation where we don't talk Pacer basketball. So yeah, I don't know exactly what off the court encompasses, but Pacers have been a great avenue for me and my dad (and even my grandfather) to share something in common.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My best off the court Pacers experience is when I get to sit with my grandparents and watch the Pacers in our living room. My grandpa and I attend a game or so a year, and it's our true bonding as he has assumed the role of father figure after my fathers passing.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

I really don't have many off-court experiences to be honest...
    The closest I could come to that though , would be when RobfromPacers hooked me up with 2 codes for a pacers promo, in which I won 2 tickets to a game last season.. In which it was my first ever live game I had been to for the Pacers (due to finances), and sadly my only game I have been able to go to ..

I'd LOVE to somehow get to see a game this year...
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

My fave off the court is in maybe 2005 my grandmother went into this convenient store...it's closed now so I won't say the name. Anyway she at the back off the store near the liquor and Jo and two people in his entourage or bodyguards are with him and she says "dang you tall" and this starts a ten minute convo with him in which he barely gets a word in because she talks a lot and dominates the convo and then after he takes time out of his schedule to talk to her she tries to act like she's in the rush and walks off like she's the celebrity...lol it was priceless

And a also ran into lance at the mall and me and my friends catch him with a shoe in his hand doing one of the funniest dances I've ever seen. Lol he looked like a lil kid when he gets a new toy or something

Sorry for the two different stories kinda need 4 tickets for my group so...sorry about that

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3 8 thee great t h For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    I really don't have many off-court experiences to be honest...
    The closest I could come to that though , would be when RobfromPacers hooked me up with 2 codes for a pacers promo, in which I won 2 tickets to a game last season.. In which it was my first ever live game I had been to for the Pacers (due to finances), and sadly my only game I have been able to go to ..

I'd LOVE to somehow get to see a game this year...
    I totally understand I went to my first game last year too...even tho the pacers lost it was a really good experience growing a pacers fan kinda wish I could went when we had the old stadium just for the experience but Im happy nonetheless... (thanks again to Brian for the pacer tickets last year)

Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This was probably 7 or 8 years ago now.. I live I fishers and was at my local blockbuster with one of my friends when from afar I catch a glimpse of some schmuck decked out in what appears to be the maize and blue of Michigan. My friend and I decide he needs to be publicly ridiculed for such garb and we proceeded to holler classy remarks such as "Muck Fichigan" and "Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers!"

Only the guy isn't fazed by it and when he finally realizes we're chirping at him he looks up and gives us the ol' whaddayagonna do shrugs. Only then I recognize those big ears and toothy grin. It's my man, Reginald Wayne Miller, Just checkin out the local entertainment. Needless to say I worked up enough balls to go up to him and explain the misconception, i wished him good luck in that nights game (cant remember who they played) and he was cool as can be. Closest I ever was to my favorite Bballer.. And itnwas in the damndest of places

EDIT: The Michiganwear was a Pacers warmup suit!
    Last edited by Pacers4Life; 02-20-2012 at 01:59 AM.
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pacers4Life For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well I have some pretty cool things that happened on the court before games at MSA, but to keep it completely off court.....Back in the good ol' days (90's) my friends parents always took my buddy and I to a few games every year, and we would always stay at different hotels throughout the city so that it could kind of be a new experience each time. Plus my buddies mom was one of those crazy shoppers so she was always wanting to check out different stores downtown, out at Keystone, etc....Anyways we stayed in the downtown Hampton one time, and my buddy and I thought it would be a cool idea to stroll around downtown at 1 a.m. Being from a small town up north surrounded by cornfields this was quite the thrilling experience for us. So we are strolling along, and for some reason both of us had all of our money for the gift shop during the game, which was the following day, with us. This group of guys called us over.....and we went, don't ask why but it was probably because we were a little scared not to. Dude had a newspaper, three 2 liter caps, and an eraser. We got hustled out of all our money trying to guess which cap the eraser was under. Not a very cool moment at the time, because we had to explain to his mom why she needed to give us gift shop money. I definitely look back on it now though and laugh.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

I've met a number of Pacers players over the years. I used to work at Target, and met Malik Sealy, Derrick McKey, Antonio Davis, Sean Green (who was awesome). I met Vern Fleming, Fred Jones, Pooh Richardson, Detlef Schrempf, Rik Smits. (Our players are so accessible here!) But my favorite meeting would probably be while I was working as a FedEx Courier. I used to run the airport rte, and one of my stops was AMR Combs, where the Pacers would take off for away games. You could always tell when they had just left, because their cars would be lined up along the building. And this one particular night when I was picking up, as I was coming out to my truck, I heard a couple of voices. Not thinking too much of it, I looked back over my shoulder, and there was Reggie Miller and Al Harrington. Unfortunately, I kinda went all 'GLEE' in my response, to which Reggie was kinda like , which left me like But it was still one of my fave Pacer moments off the court.
    Last edited by QuickRelease; 02-20-2012 at 02:10 AM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

I might have told this before. It's sad, but kinda funny.

Around 1993-1994, me and my mom went to the video store. I think it was called Indy Video?? It was on 38th and post, in that shopping mall area with Big Lots and Kroger and the now infamous ( to me atleast ) Dollar General. Just as we're about to go in, we see this guy walking out of the Dollar General with a towering stack of toilet paper on his shoulder. Like something out of a Cat N The Hat book. We paused cause it was funny. Why would someone need so much TP, we asked. He was walking towards are car. As he got closer, I realized it was Reggie Miller. The guy was my idol. My mom thought there was no way it was him. I was so nervous. Stunned even. My mom say's " maybe it's his twin ". Then she gets out of the car to go into the video store. I'm freaking out. She tells me to go ask him if he's Reggie. Then she leaves. I'm in the car, watching a few people walk up to his black truck with neon blue and pink designs. One guy had a cassette tape he wanted Reggi to listen too. Another lady went up and got his autograph. But I was too scared to get out of the car. I mean, he was literally parked right next to us. Missed my one shot to meet my idol cause I was scared/stunned. I was 11 years old. My mom totally should have backed me up on that.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Bleeding Blue and Gold RichardHawes's Avatar
    Illinois but my heart resides in Indiana.

My favorite off the court experience was attending the Winning Time premiere...It was such an amazing time watching the crowd react to that movie...We cheered when Reggie scored and boo'd as if it was real time when the Knicks did...Their were tears in my eyes as it sunk in that it really was the end of an era

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RichardHawes For This Useful Post:

My favorite off-court experience I would have to say has been actually watching the games at home with my girlfriend. She had never watched a Pacers game, or any NBA game until this season. She is slowly starting to learn all of their names and really gets into them now. Her favorite player is Roy. My favorite memory so far this season with her was when Roy broke his nose, she thought he wouldn't be able to play anymore this season lol. If I were to win these tickets I would def take her. She is 7.5 months pregnant with our 1st child and would like to be able to take her to a game before we are unable to!
    FOLLOW ME: @WarnerSays

IU > Kentucky

Biggest PHILLIES PHAN in Indiana

“And as I go,I go with just a few words left to say,a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.”
    - Peyton Manning

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to _The_Future_ For This Useful Post:

I live really close to the Broad Ripple strip. On New Year's Eve about 4 years back, we walked to the main strip to get some late night food. Of course, every restaurant is slammed, so we settle on a hot dog stand.

I'm feeling a little loose and very generous, so I offer to buy my whole crew hot dogs (about 8 hot dogs total). We step back to wait on our order. As we wait, a very tall man steps up to place an order. Jeff Foster steps up to the plate, wearing a very nice suit and looking like a million bucks.

"Two hot dogs" he says, extending a peace sign with two fingers.

I'm floored. I love Jeff the player as much as any true Pacers fan. I shake his hand, tell him I'm a huge fan, blah blah blah. He is very nice.

The vendor hands our crew their hot dogs and gives Foster his two as well. "That'll be $22 for you [or whatever my total was] and $6 for you," says the vendor. As Jeff reaches into his pocket, I jump in and insist on buying his as well. He seems embarrassed and doesn't want me to pay. We fight over it for a bit.

Finally, I say "Jeff. I know you are a rich basketball player and everything, but if you let me buy you these hot dogs I will have a story to tell for the rest of my life."

He thinks about it, hesitates, and finally says "You know what? F*** it."

So I buy him the hot dogs. I ask for a picture and he is happy to do it. Now, up to this point, he has the typical Jeff Foster face going. Very serious, very little emotion. I, of course, strike a very goofy pose. Back turned slightly, big silly grin, and two thumbs up. My buddy takes the photo, I thank him, and we part ways.

I take a look at my photo, and to my delight I see that Foster mirrored my pose. Big grins, four thumbs up, posing back-to-back. We look like a hollywood poster for a Disney kids movie. It was glorious.

To this day, after a big Foster play my buddies and I yell out "Two hot dogs!!"

Hey, thanks for doing this. I love sharing and hearing stories, and my budget hasn't let me go to as many games as I would like (and I'm sure many of my PD brethren are in the same boat).

27. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to FlavaDave For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Dang it, y'all are going to make this darn near impossible to choose a winner!

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Im still laughing over "Two Hot Dogs!"
    FOLLOW ME: @WarnerSays

IU > Kentucky

Biggest PHILLIES PHAN in Indiana

“And as I go,I go with just a few words left to say,a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.”
    - Peyton Manning

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _The_Future_ For This Useful Post:

For those who don't win here, keep an eye out on another Area55er "YellowMan", he'll be giving away tickets to the Atlanta game on Twitter at some point soon, so give him a follow and keep your eyes open:

@PacersYELLowMan
    Last edited by Sandman21; 02-20-2012 at 12:46 PM.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    I live really close to the Broad Ripple strip. On New Year's Eve about 4 years back, we walked to the main strip to get some late night food. Of course, every restaurant is slammed, so we settle on a hot dog stand.

I'm feeling a little loose and very generous, so I offer to buy my whole crew hot dogs (about 8 hot dogs total). We step back to wait on our order. As we wait, a very tall man steps up to place an order. Jeff Foster steps up to the plate, wearing a very nice suit and looking like a million bucks.

"Two hot dogs" he says, extending a peace sign with two fingers.

I'm floored. I love Jeff the player as much as any true Pacers fan. I shake his hand, tell him I'm a huge fan, blah blah blah. He is very nice.

The vendor hands our crew their hot dogs and gives Foster his two as well. "That'll be $22 for you [or whatever my total was] and $6 for you," says the vendor. As Jeff reaches into his pocket, I jump in and insist on buying his as well. He seems embarrassed and doesn't want me to pay. We fight over it for a bit.

Finally, I say "Jeff. I know you are a rich basketball player and everything, but if you let me buy you these hot dogs I will have a story to tell for the rest of my life."

He thinks about it, hesitates, and finally says "You know what? F*** it."

So I buy him the hot dogs. I ask for a picture and he is happy to do it. Now, up to this point, he has the typical Jeff Foster face going. Very serious, very little emotion. I, of course, strike a very goofy pose. Back turned slightly, big silly grin, and two thumbs up. My buddy takes the photo, I thank him, and we part ways.

I take a look at my photo, and to my delight I see that Foster mirrored my pose. Big grins, four thumbs up, posing back-to-back. We look like a hollywood poster for a Disney kids movie. It was glorious.

To this day, after a big Foster play my buddies and I yell out "Two hot dogs!!"

Hey, thanks for doing this. I love sharing and hearing stories, and my budget hasn't let me go to as many games as I would like (and I'm sure many of my PD brethren are in the same boat).

Banned
    Mood

i dont want the tix but going to Milwaukee was by far the best

In 1989 I was a high school sophomore. On December 26, 1989 two friends and I travelled from Shelbyville, IN to MSA in a car with no heat to watch the Pacers defeat the expansion Orlando Magic. Following the game we went into the parking structure and we were able to meet and get autographs from Reggie, Rik, Vern and Detlef. It was a mind-blowing experience. The guys were more than happy to stop for us and respect our fandom.

My, how things have changed, huh?

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Banta For This Useful Post:

It was a very tough call for me, I had intentionally left the OFF-COURT thing vague for a reason, and I wasn't disappointed. The entries were absolutely GREAT across the board.

But the hot dog story just cracked me up laughing. FlavaDave, check your PMs!

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    It was a very tough call for me, I had intentionally left the OFF-COURT thing vague for a reason, and I wasn't disappointed. The entries were absolutely GREAT across the board.

But the hot dog story just cracked me up laughing. FlavaDave, check your PMs!
    Woo hoo!!! I'm so pumped! I'll check back and let you know what game I chose. Score!! Thank you so much!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to FlavaDave For This Useful Post:

Yeah, not an easy decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4Life View Post
    This was probably 7 or 8 years ago now.. I live I fishers and was at my local blockbuster with one of my friends when from afar I catch a glimpse of some schmuck decked out in what appears to be the maize and blue of Michigan. My friend and I decide he needs to be publicly ridiculed for such garb and we proceeded to holler classy remarks such as "Muck Fichigan" and "Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers!"

Only the guy isn't fazed by it and when he finally realizes we're chirping at him he looks up and gives us the ol' whaddayagonna do shrugs. Only then I recognize those big ears and toothy grin. It's my man, Reginald Wayne Miller, Just checkin out the local entertainment. Needless to say I worked up enough balls to go up to him and explain the misconception, i wished him good luck in that nights game (cant remember who they played) and he was cool as can be. Closest I ever was to my favorite Bballer.. And itnwas in the damndest of places

EDIT: The Michiganwear was a Pacers warmup suit!
    I live in Fishers also, and I have a soft spot for stories of people making an *** of themselves. So Pacers4Life, you get one. Check your PM box

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    I've met a number of Pacers players over the years. I used to work at Target, and met Malik Sealy, Derrick McKey, Antonio Davis, Sean Green (who was awesome). I met Vern Fleming, Fred Jones, Pooh Richardson, Detlef Schrempf, Rik Smits. (Our players are so accessible here!) But my favorite meeting would probably be while I was working as a FedEx Courier. I used to run the airport rte, and one of my stops was AMR Combs, where the Pacers would take off for away games. You could always tell when they had just left, because their cars would be lined up along the building. And this one particular night when I was picking up, as I was coming out to my truck, I heard a couple of voices. Not thinking too much of it, I looked back over my shoulder, and there was Reggie Miller and Al Harrington. Unfortunately, I kinda went all 'GLEE' in my response, to which Reggie was kinda like , which left me like But it was still one of my fave Pacer moments off the court.
    I used to work at Target also! Ron Artest used to come in there basically every week. Plus you made an *** of yourself in front of Reggie also. QuickRelease, you get the other. Check your PM box.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:

And just a reminder, guys, those codes do expire tomorrow so use it or you'll lose it.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:

One more thing:

HIB HIB.......

(Since we wouldn't have been able to do this without Roy putting ND and I in Area55 in the first place. )