Thread: Lenny, I have good news & bad news.

Default Lenny, I have good news & bad news.

I think Wilkins just signed his pink slip.

Read his commennt about Robinson & tell me where Isiah's new player is going to get minutes?

Answer: Robinson will play when NY has a new coach.

For those that are not signed up for the NY Times, the link might not work. Here are the important remarks from interim coach Wilkins.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/12/sp...tml?oref=login

It is unclear what role Robinson would play with the Knicks. They already have four players sharing time at shooting guard and small forward and will add a fifth when Allan Houston is healthy.

The starting small forward, Tim Thomas, makes $13 million, and though he has struggled, is one of the team's only reliable 3-point shooters. Robinson is a high-flying slasher who has shot 50 percent from the field in his career, but he rarely attempts a 3-pointer.

In other words, Robinson duplicates a lot of what Trevor Ariza does. Ariza, the hustling, energetic 19-year-old rookie, has earned a spot in the rotation, and Wilkens said that was not likely to change.

Wilkens praised Robinson, but said that if he becomes a Knick, "He's not going to take away from Trevor. Trevor is an outstanding young man, and I love what he does."

The coaching staff is disappointed with Thomas, who is 9 for 30 from the field, although Wilkens said Thomas's starting job was not in jeopardy.

"I'm not going to give up on Tim after a couple of games,'' he said. "That's not fair to him, and it doesn't make any sense. Now, if it were to continue, yeah, you've got to make an adjustment."

Default Re: Lenny, I have good news & bad news.

I dunno - Isiah picked Ariza at 43 and traded for TT so I don't think this will get him in trouble.

I'm hoping TT ends up as 6th man. Then next year he's an ending contract we can trade.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

sweabs

How much longer are you giving Wilkens, Rimfire?

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much longer are you giving Wilkens, Rimfire?
    January 1. Then it's Aguirre time.

He might make it through the season - hard to get a read on that team but they have so many underachievers and players who are just plain lazy - I wish they could get rid of everyone except Ariza, Sweetney, Crawford and Marbury and hold an expansion draft.

sweabs

Yeah - my Knicks friend feels the same way.

He definitely sees a lot in your young guys - Ariza & Sweetney - but hates how they are playing at positions with log-jams.

Those 2 guys are gems IMO. They need the playing time so they can develop to their ultimate potential. And Isaih needs to stop signing these big name, washed up, veterans who are taking away from the development of the youngsters.

Those four guys with Kurt Thomas at center should be starting. I probably should have included KT in my "don't throw away" list - he isn't spectacular but at least he's servicable.

Robinson big complaint in Chicago was playing time.

With Thomas not losing his starting spot & Ariza not losing playing time looks like Robinson will be bringing his baggage with him from Chicago.

Like Robinson is gonna be happy getting garbage time or DNP-CD behind a rookie 2nd rounder.

That will always be good for the locker room

Ariza will have to be the Knicks version of Fred Jones, another year on the bench.

The solution is to fire Wilkins & let Robinson get his minutes behind Thomas.

The Knicks have a brutal road trip starting with the Pacers tomorrow. Then the Texas death march, San Antonio on Tuesday, Houston on Thursday & then Dallas on Friday.

Isiah should have enough reason to fire Wilkins shortly after getting back to NY.

If your gonna toss away Nazr, I hope the Pacers have a spot for him.

Nazr's a decent reserve. If he's starting, your team has a problem.

Our team has a problem (more than one actually).