Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 100 of 100

Thread: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

  1. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    531

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate saying this, but I have to.

    Hansbrough has to go. I like him a lot, so its not easy to say, but he is REALLY hurting our team.
    Tyler had the best +/- off the bench he drew over 20% of the Bobcats fouls, took just 4 shots missing one and got it back and made 2 FT, added a block and a steal n a game we win by 35 and this is actually what people are posting?

    In our Losses this month Tyler is shooting 45.0% vs 39.8% for everyone else and is a -8 in those 6 games despite the fact we lost those games by 50 points combined points, also the starting PF was a -70 in those games but Tyler is hurting us?

    If he's becoming the scapegoat in wins, maybe it is time to move him and let Lou play.
    Last edited by Asher99; 02-20-2012 at 02:31 AM.

  2. #77
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neosmndrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anytime a professional sports team beats another by 35, its a sign of something.
    Yea, that the other team is possibly the worst in over a decade

    Seriously though it was a good game by us
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  3. #78
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,775

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyler had the best +/- off the bench
    Tyler had the best +/- off the bench because he was benched during the closing minutes in which the Bobcats made a run.

    That said, I think that Tyler was ok today. He was more aggressive and he hit his one jumper as well.

  4. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    531

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyler had the best +/- off the bench because he was benched during the closing minutes in which the Bobcats made a run.

    That said, I think that Tyler was ok today. He was more aggressive and he hit his one jumper as well.
    He's didn't to enjoy any of the previous garbage time fun the end of the bench had where they got big pluses getting to pad their stats either. Another thing is he and AJ were the only 2 who had to overcome the full -10 that Foster had today. He also hit two jumpers today not just one.

  5. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,741

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    Asher I think you put too much importance on the +/-. It is a team stat, and is rarely representative of how an individual played. +/- is good to compare units, but not individuals.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  7. #81
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,775

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's didn't to enjoy any of the previous garbage time fun the end of the bench had where they got big pluses getting to pad their stats either. Another thing is he and AJ were the only 2 who had to overcome the full -10 that Foster had today. He also hit two jumpers today not just one.
    Yeah, I agree with this. He indeed had to overcome that. Also, thanks for correcting me about the jumpers. I probably missed the other one

    I'll agree with Eleazar, though. I wouldn't read too much into +/-.

    Also, as I said earlier I thought that Tyler did good in this game. If he can get to the line so often every each and other game, he's going to be very useful.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  9. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    531

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Asher I think you put too much importance on the +/-. It is a team stat, and is rarely representative of how an individual played. +/- is good to compare units, but not individuals.
    When people use it against him you better believe I'm going to use it when its good.

  10. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    531

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he can get to the line so often every each and other game, he's going to be very useful.

    Speaking of that tonight he took his 500th NBA FT which puts him at 6.5 PER36 in his career or a level many said he would never see in the NBA.

    On the season he's now shot just 13 less FT than Danny has and is 44 ahead of 3rd place on the team despite playing over 200 less minutes than the lowest stater and never shooting the technical FTs. In fact if we only counted his makes he would still be ranked 2nd of the team.

  11. #84
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,775

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking of that tonight he took his 500th NBA FT which puts him at 6.5 PER36 in his career or a level many said he would never see in the NBA.

    On the season he's now shot just 13 less FT than Danny has and is 44 ahead of 3rd place on the team despite playing over 200 less minutes than the lowest stater and never shooting the technical FTs. In fact if we only counted his makes he would still be ranked 2nd of the team.
    Looking at his statistics at Basketball Reference, it says that in his rookie season he got 8.0 FTAs per 36 minutes. That's a crazy statistic even though he did played only 29 games and thus we cannot draw a lot of conclusions about it.

    I just wish he stays confident, personally. Tyler needs to be confident about himself in order to drive and attack the basket. His confidence is what fires him up in order to get to the loose balls and hustle. For Tyler to be confident he needs to develop consistency in his mid range game. I really think that one leads to another. It's a chain reaction, I guess.

    Anyway, I think that Tyler is in a good spot here with David West. He can be a good mentor for him. And I feel like the Pacers did good to draft him. So, it's a win-win situation for both.

  12. #85

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    It's weird that after a very dominating win (yeah I know it's against the Bobcats) some are still complaining about other players' performance (specifically Tyler and Lance's). While there were some poor moments when they played, their contributions still made an impact with this big blowout win. On Tyler's case, he at least made most of his shots while drawing fouls and made most of his chances at the FT line. I really don't how how that is detrimental to the team. It is very obvious that he's adjusting to the new system as you can see with the changes in his playing style, and he's not there yet. Hopefully he can get it together on the coming games.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:


  14. #86
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,223

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    I think that the win was a combination of the team executing and the Bobcats utterly sucking.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  16. #87
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Typed up an Odd Thoughts and was looking up a photo when my computer shut off and did not have a chance to save it.

    I am not typing all of that up again

    Needless to say tonight was chicken soup with a side order of pinicillin. Bobcats are terrible.

    I don't have time to do this agai as I have a meeting in the morning, sigh. Normally I either save it or can pull it up, but words did not keep it for me this time. sigh....
    You should make the thread even if your thoughts are limited. It has value.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:


  18. #88
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just afraid those silly decisions (the awful pass to Granger for a turnover, and multiple charging calls on fast breaks) are going to be the norm. They're all mental errors. That's the overriding theme I have when I watch him play, is mental errors. I have much more of a tolerance for physical errors (Paul George dribbling issue) than I do for mental errors. They're easier to correct. I just have no faith that Lance will ever correct those things.
    Why not?

    Last year I said something like "he'll never even be adequate defensively" because that's the kind of thing that doesn't change. But you'd have to admit he's improved a ton there, right?

    Yeah, he was too excited in the first half. But he played like a solid cog in the machine when we pushed the lead up in the third. After those three turnovers in a row, he settled down and played decent basketball the rest of the game. And "decent" is an improvement.

    Correcting mental errors is a process, not an event. And it's a process I think we're seeing right now.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  20. #89
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    I was very glad to see Tyler hit that jumpshot. When he's hitting that, it opens up a lot of things for him.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  22. #90
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,247

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    I've always been staunchly against contraction but the Bobcats are a pretty good argument for it.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

    MTM

  24. #91
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,372
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've always been staunchly against contraction but the Bobcats are a pretty good argument for it.
    Yeah, but if they dissolve, sadly that takes away anywhere between 2-4 guaranteed wins from us a year.

  25. #92
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    What I saw from Lance wasn't mental errors or anything like that... He was just very excited and anxious on the court which would mess his judgment up...

    ...Guys like David West are never overly excited or nervous before games, but it looks like Lance, being the young guy he is, was uber anxious on the court to show what he's got. Couple that with a little bit of confidence heading into this game, and you have 3-4 mistakes during this game that won't exist in the coming years.

    Lance looked very good last night, and he showed a lot of potential as a difference maker on the court. He forced turnovers, he found open guys, and he got out in transition and showed ability to do something with a fast break (Which no one else on our team has ability to do obviously). He made mistakes, but he's 21 freaking years old.

  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  27. #93

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    So many are finding fault in the play of Lance and Hans, BUT NOT ONE has mentioned the positive contribution of Dahntay in the game. Why is that? I guarantee if he had a poor game he would have been ripped upon, but a good game goes unrewarded. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

  28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  29. #94
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,075

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PD drinking game.

    Drink 1 if Danny is bashed on page 1 of a post game.
    Drink 2 if someone desires another bench scorer
    Slam a 1/5 if 3 posters complain about any player after winning by 35 points.
    Aaannnnndddd...I'm wasted.

  30. #95
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,775

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BUT NOT ONE has mentioned the positive contribution of Dahntay in the game. Why is that?
    Because Peck accidentally erased his Odd Thoughts. He would definitely mention the positive contribution of Dahntay just like he does in almost every game the last 2 months. Really, Dahntay playing bad and out of control has became an anomaly this year and not the norm. It's nice to see him playing good though since he was out of sync in the last 2 games.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  32. #96
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,816

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, but if they dissolve, sadly that takes away anywhere between 2-4 guaranteed wins from us a year.
    but it takes the same away from anyone so it doesnt matter in the long run

  33. #97
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,702

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Lance was still Lance...screwing up a play for every play he did well.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Silly fella, don't you know, playing bad means you have potential. Playing good means you should be traded. It's the PD way.

    Besides that, according to quite a few here, Hibbert and Paul are big fat douches now. I mean, that was the consensus when Lebron was dancing on the sideline in a blowout win against the Bulls. This place acted like he murdered some children. So where is the hate for Hibbert, and PG? They did the same thing tonight. I really don't care about "The Decision" crap someone will inevitably point out, because this was done and decided while he was still in Cleveland.

    Hypocrisy is awesome.
    You call me silly for "Lance was still Lance...screwing up a play for every play he did well." And I don't see the Hypocrisy in my statement.

    What are you talking about here, I get your point, I think, I just don't know what it has to do with you leaving this on my quote? Did you mean to leave this on a different /Quote?
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 02-20-2012 at 04:09 PM.

  34. #98
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,445

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because Peck accidentally erased his Odd Thoughts. He would definitely mention the positive contribution of Dahntay just like he does in almost every game the last 2 months. Really, Dahntay playing bad and out of control has became an anomaly this year and not the norm. It's nice to see him playing good though since he was out of sync in the last 2 games.
    Had two paragraphs on Dahntay Jones.....


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  35. #99
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,098

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    That was just as fun to watch on the DVR as it was live.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  36. #100
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,775

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Bobkitties Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You call me silly for "Lance was still Lance...screwing up a play for every play he did well." And I don't see the Hypocrisy in my statement.

    What are you talking about here, I get your point, I think, I just don't know what it has to do with you leaving this on my quote? Did you mean to leave this on a different /Quote?
    It's ok, mate, he's not talking about you. He just uses your quote as a way to tell something to some other people. He's not calling you out, so no need to worry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had two paragraphs on Dahntay Jones.....
    I was sure you did

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Hawks postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 08:53 PM
  2. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 11:42 PM
  3. Postgame thread Pacers at Pistons
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 08:13 PM
  4. Everybody calm down (Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread)
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 05:48 PM
  5. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 10:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •