Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 269

Thread: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

  1. #1
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,785

    Default 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    MORE THAN ONE WAY
    TO SKIN THESE CATS!


    -VS-



    Game Time Start: 6:00 PM ET
    Where: Conseco Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN
    Officials: Scott Foster, P. Fraher, K. Lane

    Media Notes: Indiana Notes, Charlotte Notes
    Local TV: FSI
    Local Radio: WIBC 93.1 FM
    NBA Feeds:


    REMINDER: Per PD policy, please do not share a link to, describe how to search for, request a link to, or request a PM about streaming video of a NBA game that is not coming directly through the NBA. Not even in a "wink-wink, nudge-nudge, know-what-I-mean" round-about sort of way. Thank you



    Season Records: (W-L)
    18-12
    (Home: 8-4)
    4-26
    (Road: 2-15)
    Upcoming Games:
    Feb 21
    Feb 22
    Feb 28
    Mar 03
    Mar 05
    vs at vs at at
    7:00 pm
    7:00 pm
    7:00 pm
    8:00 pm
    8:00 pm


    Projected Starting Lineup:
    C
    PF
    SF
    SG
    PG
    HIBBERT
    WEST
    GRANGER
    GEORGE
    COLLISON
    Projected Starting Lineup:
    C
    PF
    SF
    SG
    PG
    BIYOMBO
    DIAW
    MAGGETTE
    WILLIAMS
    AUGUSTIN


    Pacers
    Jeff Foster, sore lower back, out
    George Hill, left ankle chip fracture, out

    Bobcats
    Gerald Henderson, right hamstring strain, out


    Semi-Relevant Trivia:
    In the eight seasons the Bobcats
    franchise has been around, which
    NBA team have they never beaten?
    A. Boston Celtics
    B. Dallas Mavericks
    C. New Orleans Hornets
    D. Orlando Magic
    E. San Antonio Spurs
    Spoiler Spoiler:


    Minimally Relevant Video:


    Semi-Relevant Video:


    Eight Points, Nine Seconds Preview:
    A Few with Donahue

    A Twitter-lengthed preview of tonight's game from Tim Donahue
    is just what you, Ric Ocasek and Boomer needed.



    FIND TIM'S PREVIEW FACT SHEETS AT 8p9s


    Queen City Hoops
    Less is More

    A revolutionary thought popped into my head the other day as I perused
    the Bobcats’ future salary obligations. I felt like writing a story about the
    seemingly unlimited possibilities the Bobcats have in the next two off-
    seasons due to their distance under the salary cap. I typed furiously and
    punched numbers until I was stopped dead in my tracks by something
    quite depressing. There are two players on the Bobcats roster that have
    player options for the 2012-2013 season. Matt Carrol, who’s making $3.5
    million this year, is one. The other is DeSagana Diop, raking in just over
    $7 million in 2012.

    Which brings me to this groundbreaking idea.

    Surely there is a far better way the Bobcats could have spent $10.5
    million this year. I’m willing to bet they could have even spent less
    money to get the same production if they really wanted to. I read a
    story on ESPN.com about how baseball teams fill out their rosters by
    giving less money to younger players who have the same skill sets as
    older guys who demand more money. What a novel concept. Why pay
    a wandering veteran $5 million on a one-year deal to bat .265 with
    15 homers and 65 RBIs, when you can take a young guy out of the
    minor leagues and pay him significantly less to do the same thing.

    There’s really no reason NBA teams can’t do this.

    To the Bobcats credit, when they got Diop, the team was trying to do
    something that seems like a pipe-dream now; Charlotte traded Ryan
    Hollins and none other than Matt Carroll for Diop during the 2008-09
    season, in the hopes that his defense would push them over the edge,
    into the eighth seed and into the playoffs. It took a year, and the ‘Cats
    finished over .500 and got their first ever playoff birth in 2010. Their
    run didn’t last long, and next year Charlotte traded away Gerald
    Wallace, signaling the team would be in re-building mode for the
    foreseeable future. The only problem was that Diop’s contract lasted
    well into the future...CONTINUE READING AT QUEEN CITY HOOPS


    Don't forget to submit your nominations for the
    Pacer Digest Awards - LoneGranger33 Edition.

    Only 3 days left to submit.
    Any poster who makes nominations in eight or more categories
    AND votes in all award races will automatically qualify for a random
    drawing to win a gift certificate from Amazon.com
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 02-20-2012 at 02:09 AM.
    This is the darkest timeline.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,792

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    We need to build the winning momentum back up with these upcoming games against lesser teams.

  4. #3
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    I want to see get his *** kicked by because of THIS:



    AND



    I hate Henderson. I guarantee he'd take off running if he saw West in a bar.

    However, because he's hurt, area 55 needs to chant something about him anyway.
    Last edited by Steagles; 02-19-2012 at 03:44 PM.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  5. #4
    Member LucasRL13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    1,203

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    Gerald Henderson will not play

  6. #5
    Next stop June 2015
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,076

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    We should blanket Augustin with Paul George and have Lance start at PG. Lance is big enough to guard their SG.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,792

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    I miss George Hill... does anyone know when he'll be back?

  9. #7
    Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I miss George Hill... does anyone know when he'll be back?
    This is all I could find:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3438/george-hill

    Hill (ankle) continues to go through individual workouts, but there's still no timetable for his return, NBA.com reports.

    Spin: Pacers coach Frank Vogel said Hill was "getting closer" to a return, but he's still uncertain if Hill will return before or after the All-Star break.
    They are probably hoping to get through this "easy stretch" without using him so he can fully recover. My guess is that he will be back for the Chicago game.
    Last edited by The Sleeze; 02-19-2012 at 04:04 PM.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:


  11. #8

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I miss George Hill... does anyone know when he'll be back?
    George Hill Near Return From Fractured Ankle
    Feb 19, 2012 1:13 PM EST


    George Hill might return to the Pacers’ lineup before the All-Star break.

    Hill, who has been out since Jan. 31 with a chip fracture in his left ankle, took part in all of practice Saturday with the exception of the scrimmage.

    The Pacers will evaluate Hill today to see how his ankle feels. They have missed his scoring and energy off the bench.

    Via Indianapolis Star
    George Hill, Indiana Pacers, NBA, NBA Injury
    Read the Full StoryDiscussSend FeedbackBuy Tickets


    Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1mrO1XwTT

  12. #9

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    Quote Originally Posted by granger4mvp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    George Hill Near Return From Fractured Ankle
    Feb 19, 2012 1:13 PM EST


    George Hill might return to the Pacers’ lineup before the All-Star break.

    Hill, who has been out since Jan. 31 with a chip fracture in his left ankle, took part in all of practice Saturday with the exception of the scrimmage.

    The Pacers will evaluate Hill today to see how his ankle feels. They have missed his scoring and energy off the bench.

    Via Indianapolis Star
    George Hill, Indiana Pacers, NBA, NBA Injury
    Read the Full StoryDiscussSend FeedbackBuy Tickets


    Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1mrO1XwTT

    I thought that it had been determined he didn't fracture it and that it was just sprained.

  13. #10
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    If we lose a home game to a team with 4 wins, out of 30 games played on the season, so help me, I will... chastise the hell out of these guys!
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  14. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,583

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    yeah the accuscore simulation on espn gives the bobkitties a 9% chance of winning today...cue the dumb and dumber clip.

  16. #12
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    If they truly feel he's healthy, I would like to have George Hill play Stephenson type minutes against a couple of these teams with losing records. Not a lot of minutes, but let him see the flow and get some confidence in that ankle.

    I think a little live game action to knock off any jitters or rust, and them allow him normal minutes in a game like Chicago.

    Once again do this if he's healthy, not to try and rush him back.

  17. #13
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,898

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah the accuscore simulation on espn gives the bobkitties a 9% chance of winning today...cue the dumb and dumber clip.

  18. #14
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,453

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    Bring Hill after the all-star break.

    We play the Bobcats twice and the Hornets, not exactly elite teams. We need a healthy Hill for the second half, so don't bring him back too soon.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  20. #15
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,928

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    Good heavens, can't decide if their record or starting lineup is more heinous. Knowing MJ's crazy competitive attitude he must really not be able to stand this.

  21. #16
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    That's a perfect, short discription from Vogel: "A.J. is like a young veteran"

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ownagedood For This Useful Post:


  23. #17

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    Where's Brooke?

  24. #18
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by granger4mvp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where's Brooke?
    Maybe shes getting traded as I was proposing us to do.

  25. #19

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    Quote Originally Posted by granger4mvp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where's Brooke?
    I was wondering this too.... haven't even mentioned her have they? Did she get canned?

    Her last tweet says that she did an interview with Paul George and it should be airing before this game. That was on valentines day.
    Last edited by rock747; 02-19-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  26. #20
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,928

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    Wow on TV it looks like there is NOBODY there

  27. #21

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was wondering this too.... haven't even mentioned her have they? Did she get canned?
    Weird

  28. #22

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    wouldn't be suprising to me if brooke got fired.... i mean she has been terrible

  29. #23
    Member Stuckey7370's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Princeton, IN
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    Maybe her and Quinn eloped

  30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stuckey7370 For This Useful Post:


  31. #24
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,247

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    I doubt they'd fire her without having somebody else ready to take over. She's probably just sick or something like that.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Pingu For This Useful Post:


  33. #25
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/19/2012 Game Thread #31: Pacers Vs. Bobcats

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow on TV it looks like there is NOBODY there
    what do you expect the team has been playing like trash

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 11:18 AM
  2. Mock expansion draft
    By ChicagoJ in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 04:08 PM
  3. Chad Ford's unprotected list
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 07:08 PM
  4. 06-15-04
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 05:29 PM
  5. Building the Bobcats - Sean Deveney
    By kerosene in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2004, 04:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •