Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: I dont think Danny Granger will be a Pacer at the deadline

Mood

Sports Logo

Default Re: I dont think Danny Granger will be a Pacer at the deadline

I know I'm constantly busting on Danny for all the things he does which I hate. But I don't think I'm willing to lose our leading scorer and long-time leader to upgrade ANY position on the roster, without it being a "no-brainer" upgrade. Paul is still young, and will grow into his position (both roster- and team-wise), with or without Danny. They're a good team for the time being, and hopefully they can start playing off each other.

With that said, Danny, for being a 7-year veteran, still has trouble dribbling with his head up, picking his shots properly, shooting too early, finding and making that extra pass, and some other things. I just hope that Paul can develop and train his handling abilities and attack mentality from someone other than Danny.

Keep the two together. When the time comes for a proper burial of Danny's Pacers jersey, it will come with grandeur and respect.

Or not.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Everytime I read the thread title the next thing that pops into my head is, "so were going to suck."

Yes we did suck for a while even with Danny but if we trade him NOW, after finally putting what looks to be good pieces around him, that actually fit his game and his personality then I feel as if all that sucking was in vain.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    Everytime I read the thread title the next thing that pops into my head is, "so were going to suck."

Yes we did suck for a while even with Danny but if we trade him NOW, after finally putting what looks to be good pieces around him, that actually fit his game and his personality then I feel as if all that sucking was in vain.
    Yep, it seems for some, that we wouldnt appreciate or understand his importance unless Granger was gone

He has issues no doubt, but he is far and away our most sonsistent scorer, big game guy.....and its not even close, although West is making a claim
    Sittin on top of the world!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Yep, it seems for some, that we wouldnt appreciate or understand his importance unless Granger was gone

He has issues no doubt, but he is far and away our most sonsistent scorer, big game guy.....and its not even close, although West is making a claim

Agreed, especially with your point about West. He's shown that he can play big for us at times but we all know that he would be most effective if he had a point guard who could find him in the right spots. Seems like people are so quick to ship Danny out and neglect our most pressing need.