Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 56

Thread: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

  1. #1
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,620

    Default Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/stephen-ja...e-in-milwaukee

    Jackson Doesn’t See a Future in Milwaukee
    By Alex Kennedy
    NBA Writer
    Stephen Jackson’s stint with the Milwaukee Bucks hasn’t gone quite as planned. Less than halfway through his first season in Milwaukee, Jackson is already tired of the organization and wants a trade. He’s not hiding his frustration and admits that he wants to be dealt before the trade deadline.

    The Bucks acquired Jackson on the night of the 2011 NBA Draft and hoped that he would provide leadership and take the team to the next level. Instead, he has been moved to the end of the bench and feuded with Bucks head coach Scott Skiles.

    When asked if he has a future in Milwaukee, Jackson shook his head.

    “Not at all,” Jackson told HOOPSWORLD. “It’s obvious, you can see that. I’m just waiting until my situation is different. I’m coming to work every day and keeping myself prepared so that when my situation does get better, I’m ready to go.”

    Jackson is frustrated with his diminished role and doesn’t understand why he’s not playing more. Over the last two seasons with the Charlotte Bobcats, the 12-year NBA veteran averaged 19.8 points and 37.3 minutes. This month, he’s averaging 21.3 minutes per game and has been benched altogether for five games.

    “It’s very difficult,” Jackson said. “I’m going from playing 38 minutes each game and being one of the top guys in minutes played over the last five years to not playing at all. It’s tough. The only thing that I can do is worry about what I can control and that’s trying to be a professional and keep supporting the young guys. It’s tough though, with how much I love the game. I know I have a lot of basketball left in me. It’s tough not being out there and not being able to contribute.”

    Jackson says that his relationship with Bucks head coach Scott Skiles is irreparable. He doesn’t appreciate the way that Skiles has handled this situation, describing his benching as disrespectful.

    “I’ve worked hard for many years to be that player that guys want to play with,” Jackson said. “To not be playing, and not have any reasons behind it, it’s kind of disrespectful. At the end of the day, I’m 33 years old. I’m not a 22-year-old guy that you’re coaching. I’m a grown man who’s probably done more than a lot of people in this locker room in this league, including coaches. Like I said, I can’t put myself in the game and I can’t do anything except support my teammates and be ready for when I do play.”

    Skiles has not met with Jackson to discuss the situation, according to the small forward.

    “No, there’s really nothing you can say,” Jackson said. “There’s no excuse for it.”

    On Friday, the Bucks faced off against the Orlando Magic. After the game, Jackson said he would love to join the Magic and play alongside his good friend Dwight Howard.

    “I would love to [play in Orlando],” Jackson said. “Dwight has said a couple of times that he wants me to be with him. When you get a compliment like that from a big man like Dwight, it means a lot. Tim Duncan always steps up for me and says I’m the ultimate teammate too. When I have guys like that speaking up for me, I must have been doing something right throughout my whole career. I know my situation is going to get better eventually and I’m just going to keep being professional and keep my mouth closed.”

    While Jackson has become somewhat of a distraction, he insists that he’s trying to keep his teammates out of the line of fire. All of Jackson’s teammates love him and many of the young players in the locker room look up to him. He hopes his situation gets resolved, but he doesn’t want them to be dragged into his drama.

    “I really don’t want them to get involved in it,” Jackson said. “I want them to continue to play and worry about winning games. I can handle my own situation. I’ve been a great professional, one of the top players in this league for a long time, and my play will speak for itself.”

    The NBA’s trade deadline is on March 15 and Jackson is definitely someone who could be on the move.
    ************************************************** ***********

    Keep on keeping it real Stephen.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  3. #2

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    He's gotta be a massive headache for management but I've always respected how Jackson dealt with his teammates and younger players. As goofy as it was that he ran into the stands after Artest, you gotta love that if you're on the team.

  4. #3

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    We need a scoring 2 guard off the bench....

  5. #4
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need a scoring 2 guard off the bench....

  6. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to TheDavisBrothers For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  7. #5

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could see the AD upon entering Pacers.com "Capn' Jack is Back!"

  8. #6

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    Maybe the Lakers can offer up Troy Murphy for him...
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    611

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    When has he ever played with Dwight OR Timmy D?
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

    Passion. Pride. Pacers.

    It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only


  11. #8
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4Life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When has he ever played with Dwight OR Timmy D?
    He played with him when THEY WON A CHAMPIONSHIP IN SA and he never said he played with Dwight, just that Dwight WANTS to play with him

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDavisBrothers For This Useful Post:


  13. #9

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4Life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When has he ever played with Dwight OR Timmy D?
    He won a championship with San Antonio.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:


  15. #10
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4Life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When has he ever played with Dwight OR Timmy D?
    He won a title with Duncan in San Antonio in 2003.....

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  17. #11

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    this guy is a mixed bag. he has has positive qualities however, this part "He doesn’t appreciate the way that Skiles has handled this situation, describing his benching as disrespectful." is silly. i have seen jack act up like a 7 year old back when rick was here and throw a hissy fit if rick was subbing him when he wasn't ready to come out. incredibly disrespectful and unprofessional. now that he is getting some of his own medicine- he whines about it. cry me a river jacko.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:


  19. #12

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    It's hard to believe that we had Artest and Jackson on the same team....

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:


  21. #13
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,330

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4Life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When has he ever played with Dwight OR Timmy D?
    He played two years in San Antonio and won a ring with Duncan and The Admiral.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  22. #14
    Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    611

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He won a title with Duncan in San Antonio in 2003.....
    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He won a championship with San Antonio.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He played with him when THEY WON A CHAMPIONSHIP IN SA and he never said he played with Dwight, just that Dwight WANTS to play with him
    I'd say it could have been the doobie I'd had earlier but that'd be as inaccurate as my first post. It WAS the doob. My bad everyone. I had a Stephen Jackson jersey.. Then a Brandon rush one. I'm sour at both of them
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

    Passion. Pride. Pacers.

    It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only


  23. #15
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,137
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's hard to believe that we had Artest and Jackson on the same team....
    and Tinsley...
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  24. #16
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    If he was my gift, I'd ask for a reciept

  25. #17
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,082

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    Who is this Stephen Jackson fellow?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  27. #18
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,606

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need a scoring 2 guard off the bench....
    I think that this post should warrant a 3 day suspension
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  29. #19
    Dutch Pacers Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    553

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    How funny this is... at the beginning of the season he was asking for an extension and saying how much he loved playing there! Good for the bucks they didn't fall for that line of BS.
    yay, we're going back to the play-offs!

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to pacersgroningen For This Useful Post:


  31. #20
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,082

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    He didn't get out of Indy soon enough.

    Every time he talks about how professional he is, he sounds more unprofessional.

    It really sucks if he gets rewarded for this subversion with a trade.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  33. #21
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    They thought he would bring leadership to the team? Really?
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  34. #22
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,390

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He didn't get out of Indy soon enough.

    Every time he talks about how professional he is, he sounds more unprofessional.

    It really sucks if he gets rewarded for this subversion with a trade.
    He's not allowed to ask for a trade, because he's not getting any playing time? Sorry, I disagree with that. Jackson is a good basketball player, and he has every right to be somewhere where he can get some playing time.

  35. #23
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,082

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's not allowed to ask for a trade, because he's not getting any playing time? Sorry, I disagree with that. Jackson is a good basketball player, and he has every right to be somewhere where he can get some playing time.
    Well, that's your opinion. An NBA coach and former assists leader in the NBA thinks differently.

    Due to such whimsical things as differences of opinions, we have things called contracts. Jackson gave his word to a contract and needs to fulfill it.

    There would be total chaos if every dissatisfied bench warmer called for a trade.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  36. #24
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,235

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's gotta be a massive headache for management but I've always respected how Jackson dealt with his teammates and younger players. As goofy as it was that he ran into the stands after Artest, you gotta love that if you're on the team.
    That's just false. Jackson escalated the brawl and is a huge reason the Pacers imploded. The fact is, Jackson is getting older and it's not going to get prettier for him going forward. Dude has to wake up, grow up and smell the coffee.

  37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  38. #25
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

    Did anybody ever think the Stephen Jackson + Scott Skiles equation would result in a positive integer?
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OakMoses For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 01:30 PM
  2. The Official Marlin Jackson Thread
    By Natston in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 01:31 PM
  3. 03/23/2005 Game Thread: Pacers vs Spurs
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 03-24-2005, 01:29 AM
  4. Guess it's official - Phil Jackson done for now.
    By kerosene in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-19-2004, 09:58 AM
  5. Mark Jackson Article
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-23-2004, 09:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •