Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade assets

Default Trade assets

With the trade deadline less than a month away, we're bound to start hearing rumors of players being made available, as well as players the Pacers may be interested in.

When discussing this, I'm curious what we offer in the proposed deal yet to come. Obviously Bird has been trying to build a core, and the team has played pretty well this year up until the losing streak. With that being said, what do you truly feel the Pacers will offer up to teams, that they'll actually want.

My opinion is that the actual players made available will be slim. Collison, Hansbrough and Stephenson are the only "core/upside" players I see the Pacers making available. Everything else will be cap space and draft picks.

Obviously Price, Dahntay, and Amundson would also be available as fillers.

Those names likely can't land you a big piece, so I personally think the Pacers best bet will be to try and help other teams facilitate trades. For this reason you have to hope teams like the Magic and Nets look to move Howard and DWill, and also hope aging teams like the Celtics and Lakers look to make a splash where we can snag a moving piece as well.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Trade assets

im all for trading Hansbrough if he has any value . Would of been nice if we could of got Grevis and a pick for him back when Memphis traded Grevis. I really like his game as a pg he would be a guy who makes his teammates better with his passing.

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Erazem Lorbek starting to heat up now. Spurs are out here in full force and are hot on his trail supposedly trying to get him for 2012-13.
    we traded him in the Hill deal sucks if he comes over because IMO he would be a great backup PF for West but for some reason he didnt want to come over for the Pacers. I think the Pacers need to establish themselves as a good destination for Euro players there are so many good ones that can make good rotation players in the NBA. Sucks if we miss out because we cant get them to come over.

but the Spurs can use him to play behind Duncan some im sure they will limit his mintues even more.

I agree Tyler's been pretty bad this year. If there's a deal that can bring us a dynamic PG (Monta ) I'd pull the trigger.

Darren's another player I'd be willing to part with. I've seen enough to realize he'll never have the vision I like in a starting PG.

If NJ is going to try and do a deal for Howard it would be nice if we could pick up a player like Humphries or Morrow out of that.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Stanko's an asset, as well.

But our biggest asset it cap space.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I agree that our biggest asset is cap space. Stanko will come over eventually and I see him having a solid NBA career. Personally, I am not sure if I'm willing to part with any of the players we have. I just like them all and appreciate what they do for us

Sports Logo

This board is going to kill me, but I'd ship Hibbert and Collison for an upper tier point guard (like Rondo or better).
    I just think that Hibbert has huge trade value atm, and that he could basically be replaced with guys like Kaman, Okafor, Hawes, Varejao - All available for picks or FAs this summer (B.Lopez and Mcgee are also RFAs this summer)
    I like Hibbert, and I know that basically you don't trade centers for guards, and that a team shouldn't trade a core piece when it's finally over .500 ...
    But I just feel like we have a good opportunity here to turn good players into an elite one.

As for our cap space, you guys probably won't like most of the pieces we can get. If it's a decent player he's going to have a bad contract, otherwise it could be a not really exciting role player (might still be a factor player though)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the Pacers need to establish themselves as a good destination for Euro players there are so many good ones that can make good rotation players in the NBA. Sucks if we miss out because we cant get them to come over.
    I'd like this. I'm used to see a lot of those guys over here and I'd like to watch them as their NBA career grows as members of the Ps

Erazem is a good F/C. He is a very good shooter (very reliable on the perimeter). He has a nice touch around the rim as well. That said, I think that the Pacers needed to trade him as a statement of moving away from the JOB era. Erazem reminds of Troy Murphy too much for his own sake. He is not as soft as Troy but he is much more of a flair player than a power post one. He will be a good fit for the Spurs if they can model him to be like Bonner (and if Duncan learn him a post move or two).

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This board is going to kill me, but I'd ship Hibbert and Collison for an upper tier point guard (like Rondo or better).
    I just think that Hibbert has huge trade value atm, and that he could basically be replaced with guys like Kaman, Okafor, Hawes, Varejao - All available for picks or FAs this summer (B.Lopez and Mcgee are also RFAs this summer)
    I like Hibbert, and I know that basically you don't trade centers for guards, and that a team shouldn't trade a core piece when it's finally over .500 ...
    But I just feel like we have a good opportunity here to turn good players into an elite one.

As for our cap space, you guys probably won't like most of the pieces we can get. If it's a decent player he's going to have a bad contract, otherwise it could be a not really exciting role player (might still be a factor player though)
    i don't think Varejao is available for picks that we have, he's so good and he's paid so little compared to anyone of his level.
    Tbh, if he didn't have that injury last year, he'd probably be hotter than any Pacer right now.

Aside from that, I agree.
    If you can get Rondo for those pieces, it's a good trade.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    StankoLover's an asset, as well.
    Fixed.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

13. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

i don't expect the pacers to make a trade unless it is an uneven one in the pacers favor. the pacer trade assets are the same as always. everyone is available for the right price. danny for lebron, hibbert for dwight, DC for rondo type trades. not lateral trades, not building for the future trades, but trades where the best player comes to the pacers.

other than that, mostly cap space. trades like odom and marion for cap space. trades where the pacers get a bonus for helping out another team.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Stanko's an asset, as well.

But our biggest asset it cap space.
    I want to see Stanko in BnG I just hope he doesn't pull a Lorbek. If Stanko nets us a good player yes I would be for trading him but I think he has more value to us than he does trade value.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    If NJ is going to try and do a deal for Howard it would be nice if we could pick up a player like Humphries or Morrow out of that.
    NJ can keep Morrow. Give me Marshon.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    With the trade deadline less than a month away, we're bound to start hearing rumors of players being made available, as well as players the Pacers may be interested in.

When discussing this, I'm curious what we offer in the proposed deal yet to come. Obviously Bird has been trying to build a core, and the team has played pretty well this year up until the losing streak. With that being said, what do you truly feel the Pacers will offer up to teams, that they'll actually want.

My opinion is that the actual players made available will be slim. Collison, Hansbrough and Stephenson are the only "core/upside" players I see the Pacers making available. Everything else will be cap space and draft picks.

Those names likely can't land you a big piece, so I personally think the Pacers best bet will be to try and help other teams facilitate trades. For this reason you have to hope teams like the Magic and Nets look to move Howard and DWill, and also hope aging teams like the Celtics and Lakers look to make a splash where we can snag a moving piece as well.
    I agree with you on all the players the Pacers would possibly trade.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    i don't think Varejao is available for picks that we have, he's so good and he's paid so little compared to anyone of his level.
    Tbh, if he didn't have that injury last year, he'd probably be hotter than any Pacer right now.

Aside from that, I agree.
    If you can get Rondo for those pieces, it's a good trade.
    I agree that he may not be available for just a future 1st, but I also don't think he has high trade value. He barely played last season, he will barely play this season (returns in 4-6 weeks), and he's too old to be a future core piece for the Cavs.
    And, well, he's just one of the options out there. Okafor should be very available. Hawes and Kaman will both be FA, and we'll have some cap space to sign one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post

Honestly, your first post pretty much sum up what I was thinking exactly.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    NJ can keep Morrow. Give me Marshon.
    i liked brooks' game. at least the one he had against the pacers. but he is much smaller than i thought. both frame and height. that's a guy that's never gonna defend.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    i liked brooks' game. at least the one he had against the pacers. but he is much smaller than i thought. both frame and height. that's a guy that's never gonna defend.
    the dudes a perfectly average sized SG... He might not have the will to defend, but he has the body to...

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDavisBrothers For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    the dudes a perfectly average sized SG... He might not have the will to defend, but he has the body to...
    That dude is anorexic on a good day. Have you seen him up close in person? Yikes!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    That dude is anorexic on a good day. Have you seen him up close in person? Yikes!
    ?Reggie?

Mood

If there is any position were I would not worry about having a small frame it's SG...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Are you kidding? Were you looking at the right player? Brooks has good size for a 2 guard and a 7'2" wing span.

He will never be a elite defender because of lateral quickness, but he can be an above average defender with his length. His main asset though is his ablity to score from all over the floor in a variety of ways.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I agree with you on all the players the Pacers would possibly trade.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    you're a STH right.

he looked small to me in person. don't know what his numbers are, but he looked small to me. maybe like tyler. his height is ok, but he looks smaller in person than on the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post

I'd do that trade in a heart beat, we would ship out 2 very inconsistent starters for one of the best PGs in the league. I'd then go out and sign me a center who primarily rebounds and defends.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post: