Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 42 of 42

Thread: Nuggets make Chris Anderson available in trade.

  1. #26
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,912

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets make Chris Anderson available in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Renaldo Balkman is probably available at the league minimum and is a similar player.
    No. Balkman is not similar to Birdman in any way.

    According from what I've read at Nuggets forums, most fans there are ready to ship him for a pick. Their reasoning is that he is biting a lot in head fakes which leads in failed blocks and easy baskets for the opposition. Of course, as we already know a lot of people on team forums tend to downplay on several players on their team's rosters and are ready to deal them for a bag full of chips (like some people here used to do with Danny and still do with DC).

    Personally, I've always liked Chris Andersen (he is not called Anderson, guys) as a player. I'd be glad if he was to become a Pacer. That said he is contract is not that good. If we were to send a 2nd round pick for him though it could be nice.

  2. #27
    Member Hibbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stay at ya mammy house
    Age
    32
    Posts
    976

    Default Re: Nuggets make Chris Anderson available in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Renaldo Balkman is probably available at the league minimum and is a similar player.
    The only reason you say this is cause you probably looked on espn.com player pages and saw Renaldo listed on there as a PF when in fact he is a SF. The knicks used him off the bench this year as a SF after Denver used him at that spot off the bench for the few seasons he played there. Balkman is not worthy of a roster spot on this team, pass.

  3. #28
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,170

    Default Re: Nuggets make Chris Anderson available in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally, I've always liked Chris Andersen (he is not called Anderson, guys)
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  4. #29
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,912

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets make Chris Anderson available in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why ?

  5. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,780

    Default Re: Nuggets make Chris Anderson available in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you ok with paying David West ten mil a year? Foster is making three mil this year. Andersons deal is a bit much but the dude can play and outwork anyone hes up against. We need a player like him.
    Heck yes I'm OK with West's contract. Numbers aren't the only measure of his importance to this team.

    Besides, he doesn't frighten young children and furry woodland creatures the way Anderson does.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:


  7. #31
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,576
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets make Chris Anderson available in trade.

    Unquestionably worth having to help Hansbrough refine his game and continue with as much energy on the floor as possible at all times.

    Try to talk Denver into taking a Dahntay / Lance combo and we're all set.

  8. #32
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,912

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets make Chris Anderson available in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Try to talk Denver into taking a Dahntay / Lance combo and we're all set.
    This would be a mistake. The word on Denver boards is that they are ready to part ways with him for a pick and some cap space. Let's try to offer them a second round pick and some cap space first. We have no reason to start offer them any player that takes part in our rotation.

    EDIT: Also, the Nuggets are giving Birdman to make some space for Wilson Chandler so we could just offer them a TE. They would be happy with that, I think.

  9. #33
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,867

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets make Chris Anderson available in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only reason you say this is cause you probably looked on espn.com player pages and saw Renaldo listed on there as a PF when in fact he is a SF. The knicks used him off the bench this year as a SF after Denver used him at that spot off the bench for the few seasons he played there. Balkman is not worthy of a roster spot on this team, pass.
    I have actually watched both play and am aware they play different positions. With that in mind, both are energy guys with limited offensive skillsets but are decent defensively (both team and man to man from what I've watched) and can rebound and hustle.
    Last edited by idioteque; 02-18-2012 at 11:38 PM.

  10. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Nuggets make Chris Anderson available in trade.

    OK so there was a time when I wanted Birdman but right now I don't think we need him, we already have Lou.

    By the way we have cap space and trade pieces people, lets aim higher.

  11. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,106

    Default Re: Nuggets make Chris Anderson available in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK so there was a time when I wanted Birdman but right now I don't think we need him, we already have Lou.

    By the way we have cap space and trade pieces people, lets aim higher.
    I agree, let's not waste our hard earned cap space on career bench players with 7 mil contracts. I'd rather spend more and get a better player like Kaman if we want another big man.

  12. #36
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,262
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets make Chris Anderson available in trade.

    yep, JUST like Balkman...
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  13. #37

    Default Re: Nuggets make Chris Anderson available in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd rather take Solomon Jones and make some random Pacers fan independently wealthy each of the next three years.


    Sorry, Solo just signed with the Hornets. Same with the Sloan kid Atlanta had.

  14. #38
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,576
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets make Chris Anderson available in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This would be a mistake. The word on Denver boards is that they are ready to part ways with him for a pick and some cap space. Let's try to offer them a second round pick and some cap space first. We have no reason to start offer them any player that takes part in our rotation.

    EDIT: Also, the Nuggets are giving Birdman to make some space for Wilson Chandler so we could just offer them a TE. They would be happy with that, I think.
    My guess is that, yes, they would be happy - ecstatic with simply being able to create space. The last thing the Pacers should do is to simply take on a contract, unless they simply wanty to give up Nene (obviously not happening). Maybe Granger for Nene if we agree to take on Birdman's contract?

    What I proposed would keep the Pacers from giving up much cap space to get him, and would solidify the lockerroom for the Pacers at the same time while not giving up much overall in the meantime. My guess also is that Denver would be more prone to doing it without the inclusion of Dahntay, both for cap space considerations as well as the known quantity he is to them from his previous time there.

  15. #39
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,262
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets make Chris Anderson available in trade.

    i never got the "word on (other teams) message board is" thing. Read this board. ppl offer the dumbest trade ideas i have ever seen. Why think what you are readign on a different board isnt the same?
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  16. #40
    Pacers Freak Malakai432's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Zionsville
    Age
    33
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Nuggets make Chris Anderson available in trade.

    I say we keep the current team the way it is and bring in another hometown kid in Eric Gordon next year (if possible).... Then maybe spend our first round pick on a point guard. Not sure how it would effect the growth of Paul George and not sure what we would do George Hill also, especially if we draft a point guard with high potential in the draft.
    What Lebron James should've said after the loss to the Mavs!
    What should I do? Should I admit I’d made mistakes? Should I remind you I’ve done this before? What should I do? Should I just sell shoes?

  17. #41
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,431

    Default Re: Nuggets make Chris Anderson available in trade.

    Do you think the Pacers could get Andre Miller from Denver too?

    Maybe something like

    Pacers trade Hans, Price and a 2nd round pick
    Denver trades Birdman and Miller

    That would free up even more cap space for them. We get a point guard upgrade and take on Birdman's contract.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  18. #42
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,912

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nuggets make Chris Anderson available in trade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i never got the "word on (other teams) message board is" thing. Read this board. ppl offer the dumbest trade ideas i have ever seen. Why think what you are readign on a different board isnt the same?
    Believe me, I don't consider them any different. I did mentioned that in my first post, though

Similar Threads

  1. What kind of deal are we looking for by the trade deadline?
    By BringJackBack in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 02:18 AM
  2. Time to Trade: Eastern Conference
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-27-2010, 03:01 PM
  3. Let's Make A Deal
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 10:17 PM
  4. Possible Laker trade?
    By Sollozzo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-20-2005, 12:07 AM
  5. Insider Article
    By FiestyFosterFanatic in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 11:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •