Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neither one of them has a great deal of potential, but Felton is who he is at the point. If you take away his time in D'Antoni's system, he has scarcely been an above average point guard. If he's better than Collison, it isn't by much.
    basically this.

the major attraction of felton is that he is not DC. no team needs a fat, out of shape PG that can't shoot. at best this is a lateral move. if you're a DC hater, this is a good move because it gets rid of your least favorite player. but a year from now, you will be ing about felton and his lack of quicks, his bad shooting, and how he clogs up the break.

pacers need to look for a much better player at any position, not a guy that is about the same.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

just draft Scott Machado please

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've never gotten the Raymond Felton hype around here. Even at his peak he was average. Collison may not be the long-term answer, but I'm fairly certain Felton isn't. I don't even think he's an upgrade over D.C., personally.

I've always liked Ramon Sessions. He looks like a good starter waiting to happen to me. 15, 8, and 5 per-36 this season. I'd love to steal him from Cleveland.
    Last edited by Lance George; 02-18-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    just draft Scott Machado please
    There's a reason he only gained interest from schools like Iona. You think he is the answer cause he leads the NCAA in assists? What teams do they play? Not a single ranked team all season. When have they been on tv? This guy is also tops in TO's a game in his division and top ten in TO's throughout the entire NCAA. Try again Jay Bilas Jr. If this dude gets drafted it will be a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    There's a reason he only gained interest from schools like Iona. You think he is the answer cause he leads the NCAA in assists? What teams do they play? Not a single ranked team all season. When have they been on tv? This guy is also tops in TO's a game in his division and top ten in TO's throughout the entire NCAA. Try again Jay Bilas Jr. If this dude gets drafted it will be a miracle.
    You do realize that in two years when Machado has one decent game in the NBA that p4e is going to dig up this post and say, "I told he was going to be awesome!"

Mood

You do realize that in two years when Machado has one decent game in the NBA that p4e is going to dig up this post and say, "I told he was going to be awesome!"
    I have him on ignore he may just trying to hate on me. Just like he hates on Eric Gordon's family for no reason

he will have more than one decent game He will be a good pro.

But Machado wasn't highly touted but some guys get overlooked and far more often do the highly touted 16 year olds like Lance Stephenson and many others fail compare to others who were less touted. Like J-Lin or Steve Nash.

Just Ask J-Lin http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/sp...verlooked.html

He is a different player than he was just last year. Machado was out of shape and couldn't shoot he dedicated himself last summer and he looks like a whole new player. I have watched him play 10+ times this year and each time I come away more and more impressed. Today he was sloppy but he played good in his biggest game in his career.

Machado doesnt really turn the ball over that much at all especially for the pace his team plays he is very smart with the ball and has vision you cant teach along with leadership.
    they are on espn3 quite often I have 10 games at least I can go back and watch from earlier this year. Also I have another way to watch as well. He played Purdue this year and played quite well IONA lost by one but Machado had a double double.

Doug Gottlieb Jr. is more like it he is the only one on the Machado bandwagon.

it is ok you can jump on the Damian Lillard and Scott Machado Bandwagon later

EDIT: also be prepared to be shocked he will be a 1st rd pick most likely Dell Demps was in attendance tonight watching as was 9 nba teams scouts.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-18-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Nah I actually like Machado about as much as you do. The guy's usage rate has got to be sky high. He plays a lot of minutes and handles the ball a lot. Turnovers usually follow. Out of the point guards who would be in this draft, he is easily my favorite.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CreekShow View Post
    I love that youre a Felton fan, but im not sure what Championship youre talking about. That 2005 championship was a 5 pt game and it was decided by FTs in the last couple of seconds. Not a buzzer beating game winner?

As far as Felton over DC, if you dont think Felton would be an upgrade you must be crazy. Bigger, better passer,just as fast (if not faster), and he can get to the lane and not have to settle for jumpers or floaters. He might be having a bad year, but w the lockout and new team, thats kind of warranted. I know im biased but id trade DC for Felton right this instant, and not think twice about it
    Collison avg 2.7 FTA in about 30 min a game for his career, Felton is at 3.1 in 35 min, so he does not get to the line more often. Also Collison has a better FG, 3PT, and FT% for he's career. And lastly, it's one thing for Felton to have a "bad" year, but he has been far worse then even bad this year!

Realized you said lane not line, but still getting to the line is and good indicater of getting to the lane and what does it matter if Felton gets to the lane if he can't make the shot? Also Felton turns the ball over a ton, we already turn it over enough as is.
    Last edited by TheDavisBrothers; 02-18-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Mood

Nah I actually like Machado about as much as you do. The guy's usage rate has got to be sky high. He plays a lot of minutes and handles the ball a lot. Turnovers usually follow. Out of the point guards who would be in this draft, he is easily my favorite.
    What people fail to realize is he plays in a Steve Nash type offense where you run and gun. Machado doesn't run as much PnR like Nash and the Suns do but he does run and gun like the Suns and asked to make plays for his teammates like Nash. Nash in the offense has always been around 3.5 TOs a game most of the great pgs get a lot of TOs

I am coming around on Marshall I now think he will be an ok backup and possibly a bad to average starter instead of a 3rd stringer if he can fix his jumper and get a post game. His defense is always gonna be bad IMO but he does have skills that will work in the NBA he runs a similar offense and his TO rate is similar to Scott Machado. I think Machado is a much more complete player on both ends of the floor which is why I have him rated much higher. But Marshall in the right system will be a solid back up. I still would take a Damian Lillard Marquis Teague(he better go back to school) and a few others over Marshall though.

But LOL at that dude for saying I just look at stats and I think Marshall is gonna be much worse than most pgs in the draft even ones with worse stats. I watch games to gather my opinions.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-19-2012 at 06:49 AM.

I have him on ignore he may just trying to hate on me. Just like he hates on Eric Gordon's family for no reason

he will have more than one decent game He will be a good pro.

But Machado wasn't highly touted but some guys get overlooked and far more often do the highly touted 16 year olds like Lance Stephenson and many others fail compare to others who were less touted. Like J-Lin or Steve Nash.

Just Ask J-Lin http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/sp...verlooked.html

He is a different player than he was just last year. Machado was out of shape and couldn't shoot he dedicated himself last summer and he looks like a whole new player. I have watched him play 10+ times this year and each time I come away more and more impressed. Today he was sloppy but he played good in his biggest game in his career.

Machado doesnt really turn the ball over that much at all especially for the pace his team plays he is very smart with the ball and has vision you cant teach along with leadership.
    they are on espn3 quite often I have 10 games at least I can go back and watch from earlier this year. Also I have another way to watch as well. He played Purdue this year and played quite well IONA lost by one but Machado had a double double.

Doug Gottlieb Jr. is more like it he is the only one on the Machado bandwagon.

it is ok you can jump on the Damian Lillard and Scott Machado Bandwagon later

EDIT: also be prepared to be shocked he will be a 1st rd pick most likely Dell Demps was in attendance tonight watching as was 9 nba teams scouts.
    Ive never hated on anyone, including you. Anyways, what do you want to bet that Machado gets drafted in the first round? Serious question. Nine nba team scouts? Why did you come up with nine as the number and not another number? Jw......

Nate McMillan is really tough and controlling on point guards and has totally shattered Felton's confidence- as he did in the past with Jarrett Jack. Felton is somewhere in between what he looked like in D'Antoni's system and what he looks like now, which is probably a slight upgrade over Collison. Not enough to be worth pursuing.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isaac For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    Collison avg 2.7 FTA in about 30 min a game for his career, Felton is at 3.1 in 35 min, so he does not get to the line more often. Also Collison has a better FG, 3PT, and FT% for he's career. And lastly, it's one thing for Felton to have a "bad" year, but he has been far worse then even bad this year!

Realized you said lane not line, but still getting to the line is and good indicater of getting to the lane and what does it matter if Felton gets to the lane if he can't make the shot? Also Felton turns the ball over a ton, we already turn it over enough as is.
    I dont hate DC or anything. I just think Felton would be a better fit in Indiana. Not to mention how big of a liability DC is on defense. It seems like guards just pick on him. Especially ones with a little size or weight
    Last edited by CreekShow; 02-18-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    I Bleed Blue

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Nate McMillan is really tough and controlling on point guards and has totally shattered Felton's confidence- as he did in the past with Jarrett Jack. Felton is somewhere in between what he looked like in D'Antoni's system and what he looks like now, which is probably a slight upgrade over Collison. Not enough to be worth pursuing.
    I never though about that but McMillian does seem to go though pgs at a alarming rate.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...idence-in-him/

This sucks for Felton pretty sure he went though the same thing with Larry Brown in Charlotte.

No doubt Vogel would get the best out of him but I wouldn't trade much for him wait until he becomes a free agent and see if he wants to come here. If we don't address the position in the draft. Pretty sure he is a free agent after the year unless he signed an extension since signing with the Knicks last year he only signed for 2 yrs then.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I like it because it's only a lateral move if he still plays like crap. The other possibility is a new change of scenery re-ignites his game and we then have an upgrade on our hands for cheap (not having to give up other assets, which can now stay and play WITH our improved PG).
    It isn't a lateral move if he is playing like crap. Right now, he is worse then DC and at 7.6mil, I hope Pacers can find a better option then a hope and a prayer of Felton re-igniting his career here. If the Blazers want to trade him here for AJ Price or a second round pick, then sure, I'm listening.

I never though about that but McMillian does seem to go though pgs at a alarming rate.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...idence-in-him/

This sucks for Felton pretty sure he went though the same thing with Larry Brown in Charlotte.

No doubt Vogel would get the best out of him but I wouldn't trade much for him wait until he becomes a free agent and see if he wants to come here. If we don't address the position in the draft. Pretty sure he is a free agent after the year unless he signed an extension since signing with the Knicks last year he only signed for 2 yrs then.

Felton also played for Larry Brown another coach hard on PG's. Brown put Augustin, after a good rookie season, in the doghouse until the day he left. Paul Silas gave DJ his confidence back. I personally like Augustin as a PG.

If Felton was available, I wouldn't let an off year, where he's out of shape, keep me from acquiring him. Get him a copy of P90X and make the trade.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post: