Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 66

Thread: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

  1. #26
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,396

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    I don't know why I thought Felton was taller...the man is only 6'1". Plus, I thought he had more of "stockier" build. Body type wise....he has Baron Davis written all over him.

  2. #27

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    I wouldn't trade DC for him straight up, knowing a PG upgrade is our top need.

  3. #28
    Member Hibbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stay at ya mammy house
    Age
    32
    Posts
    976

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems like a sideways move at best.
    No, Awesome is right. Felton is the better PG out of the two. I would love to get Felton.

  4. #29
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,250

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Are y'all really calling Felton lazy because he showed up out of shape for the first time in his career after a lockout? Should he have been prepared anyway? Absolutely. However, he isn't the only one who showed up out of shape.

    The guy ran the most fast paced offense in college basketball and one of the most fast paced offenses in the NBA. He has no problem getting into shape under normal circumstances. Still not excusable in my mind, but I still view this season as the exception, not the rule.

    I said in my initial post, Collison is a better shooter, however, that's the only aspect of the game that he is better at. Even with him being a better shooter, if the game is on the line, I'd much rather have Felton take the shot, he has proven to be extremely clutch throughout his career and has even made HUGE shots against the Pacers on a few occasions.

    Felton is having an off year, which is exactly why we should make a move for him while his stock is low. The guy is a great defender and a leader, two things we desperately need from the PG position.

    Again, I don't think he's the missing piece, however he is definitely someone who would significantly improve this team.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  6. #30
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,250

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smits Happens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Blazers are obviously not happy with his play, but where have you seen he may be on the trading block? I haven't seen that reported anywhere.
    I never said he was.

    I said he was "possibly" on the trade block and then followed it with a question mark. I'm not the type to spread rumors without proof or knowledge on the situation, but considering he is being benched, it would be silly if Portland didn't look to move him.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  8. #31
    Hoosier for Life CreekShow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Muncie
    Age
    27
    Posts
    477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good post.

    I love the idea. I'm a little biased as I have a warm spot in my heart for Felton. I watched him live in St. Louis as he hit a shot at the buzzer to win the NCAA Championship in front of 50,000 people.
    I love that youre a Felton fan, but im not sure what Championship youre talking about. That 2005 championship was a 5 pt game and it was decided by FTs in the last couple of seconds. Not a buzzer beating game winner?

    As far as Felton over DC, if you dont think Felton would be an upgrade you must be crazy. Bigger, better passer,just as fast (if not faster), and he can get to the lane and not have to settle for jumpers or floaters. He might be having a bad year, but w the lockout and new team, thats kind of warranted. I know im biased but id trade DC for Felton right this instant, and not think twice about it
    I Bleed Blue

  9. #32
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,962

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    If in shape, Felton's a better player. However, I'm not sure if this stocky version of Felton really is.

  10. #33
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Felton hasn't looked as good as he did in a Bobcats uniform. I'd rather stick with a younger DC and continue to see how he progresses, unless there's a no-brainer at point guard we can get

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:


  12. #34
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've said for years that Raymond Felton has the ability to be a great PG in the right system and he proved that right in NY last year. Granted, that was the PG friendly system that D'Antoni run, but still. The guy is a great defender, can run an offense, and is clutch. The best part is, it looks like he is on the outs in Portland.

    The Pacers need a PG who can be a leader and Felton has proven that he can be that guy on many occasions. He brings everything that we need as a team from the PG spot.

    I do not think that he is the missing piece for this team, but I think he is a HUGE step in the right direction. I would love to see if there is a way we can get him with a package around Collison. If the Blazers are that unhappy with him, it might be something they'd go for. They get younger and save money.

    Just something else to talk about...
    I'm in. For the right price, that is. Not sure what that price is just yet.

  13. #35
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I tend to agree with this line of thinking. Felton is having a miserable year. I'm all about upgrading the point guard position, but I want it to be a clear, significant upgrade. I don't think Felton fits the bill.
    I like it because it's only a lateral move if he still plays like crap. The other possibility is a new change of scenery re-ignites his game and we then have an upgrade on our hands for cheap (not having to give up other assets, which can now stay and play WITH our improved PG).

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  15. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Felton would be an upgrade over what we have right now.

  16. #37
    Member Smits Happens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Roswell, GA
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never said he was.

    I said he was "possibly" on the trade block and then followed it with a question mark. I'm not the type to spread rumors without proof or knowledge on the situation, but considering he is being benched, it would be silly if Portland didn't look to move him.
    Point taken, but I was only asking because the thread title to me implied there might be real reason to believe they're looking to deal him. I expected to see a link to a report or rumor or something. Not trying to accuse you of anything, just asking if there was reason to believe he could be obtained other than merely your speculation.

  17. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smits Happens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Point taken, but I was only asking because the thread title to me implied there might be real reason to believe they're looking to deal him. I expected to see a link to a report or rumor or something. Not trying to accuse you of anything, just asking if there was reason to believe he could be obtained other than merely your speculation.
    There have been some rumors of him not been happy to be there and things like that, that system doesn't utilize the PG as a PG, that system is an "equal opportunity type of system" were the point guard is not need it as much I could see why he is frustrated.

  18. #39
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,628

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    I wouldn't mind having Felton, but I don't think he is even worth Collison straight up. Collison has more potential and I never thought Felton was necessarily better than Collison.

  19. #40
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,085

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Quote Originally Posted by CreekShow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love that youre a Felton fan, but im not sure what Championship youre talking about. That 2005 championship was a 5 pt game and it was decided by FTs in the last couple of seconds. Not a buzzer beating game winner?
    From Wikipedia:
    Felton hit a key three-pointer over Deron Williams to break a 65–65 tie late in the game, and then came up with a crucial steal in the final seconds when Illinois had a chance to either tie the game or take the lead. His two free throws after the steal provided the final scoring in the game.
    I was wrong. He was clutch three times in a row in the final seconds.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  21. #41
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,250

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't mind having Felton, but I don't think he is even worth Collison straight up. Collison has more potential and I never thought Felton was necessarily better than Collison.
    Collison definitely does not have more potential than Felton.

  22. #42
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,447

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Collison definitely does not have more potential than Felton.
    Neither one of them has a great deal of potential, but Felton is who he is at the point. If you take away his time in D'Antoni's system, he has scarcely been an above average point guard. If he's better than Collison, it isn't by much.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  24. #43
    Member Hibbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stay at ya mammy house
    Age
    32
    Posts
    976

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neither one of them has a great deal of potential, but Felton is who he is at the point. If you take away his time in D'Antoni's system, he has scarcely been an above average point guard. If he's better than Collison, it isn't by much.
    Since his rookie year, Collison has regressed each year. He has gotten worse in every single major category each single year. He hasn't even come close to the numbers Felton put up even while he was with the Bobcats.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  26. #44
    Hoosier for Life CreekShow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Muncie
    Age
    27
    Posts
    477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From Wikipedia:

    I was wrong. He was clutch three times in a row in the final seconds.
    I get your point, but for someone who was @ the game you dont remember it very well. He missed a FT giving Illinois a chance to send it in to OT. Luther Head missed and Felton went on to make the 74th and 75th point. Winning by 5. Im not trying to call you out or anything, just the game didnt end that way. Ray was one of my fav UNC players ever, but he was hardly as clutch in that game as you made it seem.

    If anything Marvin Williams tip back to make it 72-70 was the biggest bucket of the game.
    Last edited by CreekShow; 02-18-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    I Bleed Blue

  27. #45

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    What about Ramon Sessions? Are the Cavs looking to deal him?

    There has been talk that Cavs would trade hium. He was 15/2/5 last nite. I've always liked Ramon.

  28. #46
    Looking like a season JB24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Would be a move just to make a move. OK, at a certain point in his career he was better than collison is showing right now. But he's playing like a straight bum this season and still hasn't played his way into shape two months in. Any improvement would be just about negligible. Plus, in a summer were Hibbert and Hill are contract question marks, I'd rather not add another player (and position) into the mix unless it has the potential to greatly improve the team (i.e Nash)

  29. #47
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,447

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since his rookie year, Collison has regressed each year. He has gotten worse in every single major category each single year. He hasn't even come close to the numbers Felton put up even while he was with the Bobcats.
    Has he actually gotten worse or have his numbers just gotten worse?

    I'm not wild about DC--I think he's about an average point guard. I think Felton is about an average point guard. One might be better than the other, but it isn't enough of a difference to advance us in the playoff pecking order.

  30. #48
    Member Hibbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stay at ya mammy house
    Age
    32
    Posts
    976

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would be a move just to make a move. OK, at a certain point in his career he was better than collison is showing right now. But he's playing like a straight bum this season and still hasn't played his way into shape two months in. Any improvement would be just about negligible. Plus, in a summer were Hibbert and Hill are contract question marks, I'd rather not add another player (and position) into the mix unless it has the potential to greatly improve the team (i.e Nash)
    Im sorry but all this Nash talk on here is crazy. Dude is 38 years old and wont be getting any younger. Look at our team and than look at the Suns team. Who is on the Suns that can help Nash in any way? His numbers are highly inflated with him playing there and Im not so sure hed make us much better considering what wed have to give up to get him.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  32. #49
    Member Hibbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stay at ya mammy house
    Age
    32
    Posts
    976

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has he actually gotten worse or have his numbers just gotten worse?

    I'm not wild about DC--I think he's about an average point guard. I think Felton is about an average point guard. One might be better than the other, but it isn't enough of a difference to advance us in the playoff pecking order.
    Both his numbers and his play have gotten worse. He got benched last game in favor of AJ Price, if thats not a wake up call I dont know what one is. I do understand your position though, I too would only like to make a deal only if its a major upgrade but I am not opposed to little tweaks cause I think some good could come out of it. I think that a change of scenery would do Felton some good but admit its a gamble. Collison is three yrs younger and he could turn out to be a better PG than he is now. I still think Felton right now is a better option to go with.

  33. #50
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,085

    Default Re: Raymond Felton possibly on the trade block?

    Quote Originally Posted by CreekShow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get your point, but for someone who was @ the game you dont remember it very well. He missed a FT giving Illinois a chance to send it in to OT. Luther Head missed and Felton went on to make the 74th and 75th point. Winning by 5. Im not trying to call you out or anything, just the game didnt end that way. Ray was one of my fav UNC players ever, but he was hardly as clutch in that game as you made it seem.

    If anything Marvin Williams tip back to make it 72-70 was the biggest bucket of the game.
    That's the final straw: I'm not nominating you for Most Humorous.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Similar Threads

  1. Point Guard position? ---- Raymond Felton?
    By Infinite MAN_force in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 09:12 PM
  2. New York Knicks, Raymond Felton agree in principle to deal [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 08:10 PM
  3. Could someone with ESPN insider post this article
    By dannygranger in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 08:36 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 10:29 PM
  5. Who's Getting Traded: The East/ Rumors from hoopsworld
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 11:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •