Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

Since, was that long post directed at me?

Regardless, I partially agree with you. I know people who can operate well on 1 or 2 hours of sleep, which I could be one of them

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you're really going to defend a guy who has a basketball game in Milwaukee on a tuesday night, flies to toronto immediately after, checks into his hotel room, goes to a club party where he's the promoter, who then has to get up and play basketball that same very Wed night?

There's no arguing with someone who's going to dismiss the stupidity of a player who thinks it's a good idea to go out clubbing inbetween games on a back-to-back.

And I don't need the bullcrap about not playing. If you read the thread, you'll notice that this has been an on-going problem with Stephen. He did last year, and it's not like he knew he was going to be riding the pine when they scheduled this party.

It's pure stupidity and it reflects his prioritizes. Clearly basketball is lower on the list than club promoting, or he'd understand that professional sports take a toll on the body and you need proper rest.

We talk about scheduling losses, and seeing the team play with little energy because they're tired. What happens if they all decided to go out the night after and before games?

It's just stupid. There isn't another word for it.

Teammates that put clubbing above basketball is horrible for team chemistry. There's no way around it.
    Do we know that he did all of what you're claiming? He makes money off promoting these events. All he has to do is make an appearance, if even that. I'd be shocked if he was the only NBA player who "hosts" or promotes club events.

Unless there's a "No Promoting or Pursuing Business Interests Other Than Basketball" clause in his contract, I have no problem with it. If any of our players decided to "host" or promote events during the season, I wouldn't have a problem with that either and I certainly wouldn't be spending my time writing letters to city officials *****ing and moaning about what another grown man, a basketball player on my favorite team, does on his own time. I'm a fan of their basketball careers. If they leave it all on the court when they play, that's all I can ask for. What they decide to do on their own time, away from basketball, is up to them. Just stay in shape and be prepared to play.

And I can't claim to know Jackson's priorities. I don't follow him around where ever he goes and post on social media about what he's doing on his downtime. But it's clear team chemistry isn't a problem with him because his teammates like him. If anything, the team has a problem with Skiles benching him in games they should have won.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Since, was that long post directed at me?

Regardless, I partially agree with you. I know people who can operate well on 1 or 2 hours of sleep, which I could be one of them
    Nah, it was directed at King.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Talking Re: Ahhhh Stephen Jackson, the gift that keeps on giving...

Well good for him, as long as he stays away from this organization.
    What Lebron James should've said after the loss to the Mavs!
    What should I do? Should I admit I’d made mistakes? Should I remind you I’ve done this before? What should I do? Should I just sell shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    . If anything, the team has a problem with Skiles benching him in games they should have won.
    I hope so.... without Skiles as coach the Bucks would be losing even more. How many years for Skiles? The man can coach but burns out his players quick it seems.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Surely he could stay in Milwaukee and handle whatever needs to be handled at his club via his cell phone during a team meeting or something....
    Well certain things need to be handled during his lap dance, which can't be done via cell phone. (Although that internet thing IS getting more and more sophisticated.)

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown