Thread: Pacers have been on each other, talking, but seem to still be on same page

Default Pacers have been on each other, talking, but seem to still be on same page

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...o-have-a-talk/

Team chemistry is one of the most common things I get asked about by fans when it comes to talking about the Pacers.

That’s because the Pacers dealt with their fair share of chemistry problems in the past, including last season. Those chemistry problems often led to a divided locker room.

Not season.

This is a close group of players.

It helps that there’s a solid mix of veterans (especially David West) to go with the young players.

Do the players agree on everything?

Heck no. It would be too easy if that was the case.

Will they have problems again at some point this season?

Likely so.

The players talked amongst themselves to try resolve their issues during their five-game losing streak.

“We had a few circumstances where we were kind of snapping at each other out of timeouts and arguing,” Danny Granger said. “We got together and said if we want to compete then we had to play together and (have) constructive criticism and stop singling out everybody else when you should probably be looking in the mirror.

“That was our main problem. So once everyone evaluated themselves and said we have to change something individually before we can change it collectively (or) we won’t win. We did that and we won.”

It’s good that the players were able to talk about things without having the coaching staff get involved and take on a babysitting role.

The Pacers hope their victory Thursday will be the start of them getting back on track again. Their next five games – Charlotte (twice), New Orleans (twice) and Golden State – are against teams with a losing record.
    Mike Wells, IndyStar.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Pacers have been on each other, talking, but seem to still be on same page

And people say Granger isn't a leader. Sounds like pretty good leadership right there.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Pacers have been on each other, talking, but seem to still be on same page

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And people say Granger isn't a leader. Sounds like pretty good leadership right there.
    All we know from this is that Granger was one of the ones talking. Nothing here suggests he was the ringleader of it all.

I don't say that to attack Danny, I'm fine with Danny, but I think you're projecting.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Anyone doubting Danny's leadership in the pack after last night, where he came back to carry the team (and probably would have been better off resting the ankle some more) and willed the team on, showing grit and determination, probably should explain what they think is leadership.

This pack has players they look up to (West) and a Leader (Danny) no doubt in my mind he is boss, it is HIS team.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    Anyone doubting Danny's leadership in the pack after last night, where he came back to carry the team (and probably would have been better off resting the ankle some more) and willed the team on, showing grit and determination, probably should explain what they think is leadership.

This pack has players they look up to (West) and a Leader (Danny) no doubt in my mind he is boss, it is HIS team.
    I think that's a lot of it; how one defines a leader or leadership. I get it, with regards to Danny, in a 'leading the charge' kind of manner. I understand that.

I tend to drift towards leaders who are the mentors, organizers, verbal rallying, that sort of thing.

From my understanding and reading of this I think the issues were talked out and all has been resolved. It wasn't that big of a deal I think to begin with, more just frustration.

Chicken Soup cures all.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Granger carries our offense generally, but I don't really think of him as a "leader".
    When I think of a Leader, I think... a vocal guy who makes sure everybody's alright, and does his role on the court
    Granger leads our offense, he did "lead" us to victory last night, but... It's a different type of leader. I can't really explain.
    Rondo is a leader. MJ's a leader (or at least was one on Space Jam haha)

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    From my understanding and reading of this I think the issues were talked out and all has been resolved. It wasn't that big of a deal I think to begin with, more just frustration.

Chicken Soup cures all.
    Peck I'd still like to hear your theory from the Cavs Odd Thoughts thread on who the specific player was that was breaking team chemistry. Have you shared that yet? Sorry if I missed it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think our team really has a "true" leader, and I don't think that's a bad thing. I like this article because it shows that all of our guys are committed and even though they might not always be on the same page, they want to get better. I feel all the guys do their part to encourage other players and to improve.
    PG24

Danny Granger is a Reggie-Miller-style leader.

And that's fine.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!