Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 225

Thread: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

  1. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought that was funny, too.

    However, Danny really did hit a very big shot a couple possession before that right around the free throw line. Biggest shot of the night for our win, imo.
    No doubt, as I posted on the postgame thread, "we don't win the game without Danny", but that doesn't mean that I am going to forget about his OK season.

  2. #27
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One good game and we crown him as the savior? and yes Kravitz 6 and 20 is more likely to happen.

    People here think I hate Danny, I don't, I just hate the way people overrated the crap out him, he is a good player in the mold of Deng, Iguadola, etc but he is best served as the 3rd best player in a championship team.
    How do you explain that Iggy and Danny are arguable the two best players on two teams battling for seeding in the upper half of the East then?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok...ok, I know some are going to jump down my neck, but you have this quote from Bob today and last night Lance only played 4 minutes after getting heavy doses during the losing streak...coincidence or no?
    NO.

  4. #29
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NO.
    So you're saying that Lance is one of the problems? Just asking FYI, I said "coincidence or no?" to me the coincidence answer means there is no relation between Lance and Kravitz's comments.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you explain that Iggy and Danny are arguable the two best players on two teams battling for seeding in the upper half of the East then?
    Battling right now, talk to me at the end of the season.

  6. #31
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Battling right now, talk to me at the end of the season.
    You think both the Sixers and the Pacers will fall completely out of the race then?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You think both the Sixers and the Pacers will fall completely out of the race then?
    I think they are going to be in the middle not the top, probably 7,6 or 5, top 3 or 4 is a dream for us, I think is going to end up with Chicago1, Miami2, Orlando3, Atlanta4 with the sixers having a chance to take Atlanta's place and then everybody else.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 02-17-2012 at 10:38 AM.

  8. #33
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One good game in a long time? yes, I like to take into consideration the whole package, people love to look the other way when somebody has a good scoring game and they forget about their defense, I don't, it's true that Danny has been scoring better lately but his defense has been horrible, yesterday he looked amazing on D because we played the Nets.
    So I guess last Saturday was a long time ago? Good to know that 5 days inbetween good games is such a hard stretch of bad play for you to endure.

    Last Sat., against Denver, Danny had 26 on 10-18 shooting.

    Oh, and Danny only played 12minutes in between that performance against Denver and last night.

    But yeah, good point.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  10. #34

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by MTM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it weren't for this message board there would be very little worthwhile written about the team by anyone who watches them, and most (if not all) of you guys/gals don't even get paid to do it. Kravitz might be trying to be funny here, but the insights on this forum surpass anything from Kravitz or Wells.

    Mr. Boyle is an exception, but his words are not in print in the City's rag.
    Absolutely. I've always been a Pacers fan but I didn't become a true die-hard, 82 game watcher until I joined PD. The junk the Indy Star prints compared to a lot of the analysis you find on this board isn't even close. It's almost embarrassing seeing Kravitz dog message board posters when they're creating content that's light years ahead of what he's doing.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:


  12. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I guess last Saturday was a long time ago? Good to know that 5 days inbetween good games is such a hard stretch of bad play for you to endure.

    Last Sat., against Denver, Danny had 26 on 10-18 shooting.

    Oh, and Danny only played 12minutes in between that performance against Denver and last night.

    But yeah, good point.
    Who won that game again? a ok good try

  13. #36
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    I thought the topic was Danny's performance. I guess players can't play well in losses.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  15. #37
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,542

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Trading Danny has never been an interest of mine. Even when he was at the peak of his "value" I had no interest in trading him. Think about it, subtract him from those teams, who did we have? Dunleavy? TJ? Rasho? Jack?. Who did we have on those teams who we were really gonna depend on? Nobody!

    Continue to add to what Danny brings and we'll continue to get better.

  16. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought the topic was Danny's performance. I guess players can't play well in losses.
    If by "playing well" you mean playing horrible D and putting up good offensive numbers then you are 100% right.

  17. #39
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    So just losing means that Danny played horrible defense, or are you actually going to bring some substance to the discussion?

    Believe it or not, players can play well on both sides of the ball and their team still lose. Crazy, I know.

  18. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So just losing means that Danny played horrible defense, or are you actually going to bring some substance to the discussion?

    Believe it or not, players can play well on both sides of the ball and their team still lose. Crazy, I know.
    Losing doesn't mean that just Danny played horrible D, the team as a whole has been playing horrible D including Danny.

  19. #41

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This was a great, not good, article about Granger. Way to go, Kravvy! If we're going to be critical of players, be critical of the ones who deserve it:

    Collison -- Streaky. A defensive liability. AJ Price played pretty much the entire 4th quarter vs. New Jersey because we couldn't risk DC being on the floor. He's had two games in which he's posted zero assists. Has played his way this season into well-deserved trade bait.

    Hansbrough -- By any reasonable measurement, Psycho T has regressed since last season. "Scrappy" can only get you so far in this league. Misses more shots than he makes, flails and flops down the lane like a mean drunk, and the moment he puts the ball on the floor everyone in the arena just waits for the turnover.

    Jones -- From his Duke pedigree to his cheap fouls, I hate almost everything about him.

    Hibbert -- I realize this violates some unspoken commandment that "Thou shalt not speak ill of 55," but let's be honest for once. Have you ever seen a big man with that size and skillset who has no finishing move at the rim? If Roy is going up with a shot under the basket and is matched up against a defender with any physicality, that's a missed shot more than half the time. Yes, Roy has soft hands, a nice floater, and a sweet hook shot (when he's in rhythm), but a guy that big and that good needs to be dunking balls through defenders' faces. And what is up with his conditioning? Vogel had to pull him for most of the 4th vs. NJ because he looked like he was about to collapse from exhaustion. As Michael Grady says, "Roy isn't grabbing his knees during timeouts, he's grabbing his ankles."
    So these players deserve criticism but Danny Granger doesn't... that makes sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also got a huge laugh out of this part of the article, OK so with the game on the line he missed the shot and we are giving him credit for it? OK
    Yeah I wouldn't call a wild shot breaking down a defense or creating offense.

    When Vogel made the comment about Danny being able to create his own offense I was taken aback. That's his main weakness IMO. The ISO at the end of the half is what you usually get with Danny. He was doubled by Lance's man and he didn't even look to pass it because he can't dribble with his head up.

    Quote Originally Posted by MTM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it weren't for this message board there would be very little worthwhile written about the team by anyone who watches them, and most (if not all) of you guys/gals don't even get paid to do it. Kravitz might be trying to be funny here, but the insights on this forum surpass anything from Kravitz or Wells.

    Mr. Boyle is an exception, but his words are not in print in the City's rag.
    Good Post. I'd trust nearly everybody's opinion here about all things Pacers related before I would Kravy's. Even Cheezy Beefs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I guess last Saturday was a long time ago? Good to know that 5 days inbetween good games is such a hard stretch of bad play for you to endure.

    Last Sat., against Denver, Danny had 26 on 10-18 shooting.

    Oh, and Danny only played 12minutes in between that performance against Denver and last night.

    But yeah, good point.
    That's a bad example of a "good" game for Danny... or at least it should be.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:


  21. #42
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    So no, you're not going to bring anything of substance to back up your position. Okay, time to move on.

  22. #43

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So no, you're not going to bring anything of substance to back up your position. Okay, time to move on.
    Substance? How about Danny let an inferior player (can't even think of his name) getting paid a fraction of what he is have just as much of an impact on the game as he did.

    I expect our highest paid player to out play one of their lowest paid.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:


  24. #44
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Vnzla always goes back to defense, while he continually harps about how Monta Ellis is the answer. Sorry, but when defense is the hinge point of your argument and you're openly calling for a player that can't even spell the word "defense" let alone play any, your point is moot.


    And besides if you think 10-18 isn't a good example of a good game by any player, then there's no point in arguing with you either. If shooting 55% isn't good enough, then nothing will be, so there's no point in wasting the effort.

  25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  26. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Substance? How about Danny let an inferior player (can't even think of his name) getting paid a fraction of what he is have just as much of an impact on the game as he did.

    I expect our highest paid player to out play one of their lowest paid.
    Brewer, Morrow, Jones, the other Brewer in Chicago, etc, etc.

  27. #46

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ]
    end up with Chicago1, Bulls2, Orlando3, Atlanta4 with the sixers having a chance to take Atlanta's place and then everybody else.

    So Chicago AND the Bulls are going to be 1 & 2. hmmm?

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  29. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vnzla always goes back to defense, while he continually harps about how Monta Ellis is the answer. Sorry, but when defense is the hinge point of your argument and you're openly calling for a player that can't even spell the word "defense" let alone play any, your point is moot.


    And besides if you think 10-18 isn't a good example of a good game by any player, then there's no point in arguing with you either. If shooting 55% isn't good enough, then nothing will be, so there's no point in wasting the effort.
    According to your argument AJ, Tyler, Lou and DJ had a great game againts Miami

  30. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Chicago AND the Bulls are going to be 1 & 2. hmmm?
    my bad. Chicago and then Miami.

  31. #49
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,744

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    I have only wanted to trade Danny to make this team better for the future and this was last years season trade deadline, draft, and FA. At one point, Danny was our only asset worth enough to possibly get multiple young players in for a swift rebuild. At this point it wouldn't make much sense to trade him with West and Hill being here. I haven't seen very many wanting to trade him this year because of the direction the Pacers front office has went. We as fans didn't know the direction the FO was going to go from last year to this year. You either rebuild and do a youth movement or you build around what you have. This doesn't mean I want to ship Danny out cause I don't like him or because he had a bad game or 2. I have previously stated on here that he is a top 5 SF in the league and I still believe he is. This isn't hating on him, this is seeing value in him. Huge difference. The reason why I wanted to state this is I think quite of few fans on here prolly has the same reasoning of trading him as I have in the past.

    Like, right now, with the direction the Pacers are going, I think Hibbert is our main asset to trade. For several reasons and not for the lack of loving the guy. With Kaman available and Roy being easy to move to any team with his contract right now and teams will be able to retain him from his rookie contract this summer. The trigger has to be pulled if the right deal was there to make this team a real possible contender. Therefore, I will be talking Hibbert trades up to the deadline. Collison, Hans, and the other bench guys are not going to get you to far in trades, unless Larry gets his magical dust out.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 02-17-2012 at 11:17 AM.

  32. #50

    Default Re: Kravits article about Danny... (Vnzla81 you'll want to skip this) :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vnzla always goes back to defense, while he continually harps about how Monta Ellis is the answer. Sorry, but when defense is the hinge point of your argument and you're openly calling for a player that can't even spell the word "defense" let alone play any, your point is moot.


    And besides if you think 10-18 isn't a good example of a good game by any player, then there's no point in arguing with you either. If shooting 55% isn't good enough, then nothing will be, so there's no point in wasting the effort.
    I wouldn't say he had a bad game. I wouldn't necessarily call it a good game either. Remember we did lose that game, and Danny's poor defense played a big part in that.

Similar Threads

  1. Really long ESPN Article on Danny
    By idioteque in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 03:12 PM
  2. Danny Article in Washington Post
    By MyFavMartin in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 08:36 AM
  3. NBA.com Article on All-Star Danny
    By MyFavMartin in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2009, 02:59 PM
  4. Kravits new article....
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 09:26 AM
  5. Skip Bayliss article on Artest, brawl, etc.
    By canyoufeelit in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 05:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •