Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 82

Thread: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

  1. #1
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,649

    Default Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    A little chicken soup is always good for what ails you & tonight’s soup was brought to you by the New Jersey Nets.

    Honestly there is nothing to really get too excited about here, they are a very bad team and again we had to struggle just to get past them. But as has been said many times many ways any win is a good win.

    I think we all need to be very grateful that Danny decided he could go tonight, if he hadn’t been able to I kind of shudder at what the end result might have been.

    I want to thank my ticket Rep. Brian Stutzman for giving me the two best tickets I’ve ever had in my entire life. I actually was sitting at the very end of the New Jersey bench and got to hear their conversations and even got to talk with some of the players. So I will give him another plug here but if you ever need any Pacer tickets contact Brian Stutzman or you can contact me & I will get you his number.

    Its funny how some people are just not who you expect them to be. DeShawn Stevenson is just one of the nicest guys in the world. He was friendly with all of the fans on our end, even to the guys sitting behind the bench who were giving him a hard time. I told my wife to not say anything to loud or Joey Crawford might give us a “T” just for being there and for whatever reason DeShawn thought this was the funniest thing he’d heard. He’s not the greatest player by any since of the imagination but he is a good guy. I even told him that I thought Danny put his shoulder in him like Shaq and he smiled.

    On the other hand I won’t be able to mention the words that MarShon Brooks used to describe Danny Granger without banning myself. In the mater of about 30 seconds I heard him question his birth legitimacy, called his mother a female dog and suggested that he should have relations with himself. It was all very entertaining.

    BTW, the entire bench calls Kris Humphries “Hulk”. Even Avery Johnson calls him that.

    Let me say that Kris Humphries is a very under rated power forward. I have no idea why this guy does not get more attention really in the NBA because he is athletic, strong and quick. He basically destroyed David West tonight and while he didn’t quite abuse Tyler he didn’t let Tyler get anything going either.

    I don’t watch any of the non-scripted TV shows so I can honestly tell you I know nothing about whatever show it was he appeared on but it’s just too bad that this is what he is known for and not for being a very good power forward. I honestly wish he was our power forward.

    Also I’ll say this. I really like the area 55 guys and I think they bring a lot to the game and the experience. But I can tell you that the Nets bench was not very happy about them chanting Reggie Bush. Now Kris never acknowledged it, that I saw, but I heard very vividly Jordan Farmar and Sheldon Williams saying how low class they thought that was. In this case I’m not sure they aren’t right. Again I freely admit I don’t watch this stuff but if this man really was not just out to be part of a circus and actually thought that this was real then I’m not sure this is cool. I honestly don’t know where the line is and where you cross it in this case but I think sitting down there made me appreciate a little more that at least his team mates didn’t care for it.

    I don’t mean to sound to negative about all of this, a win is a win so we’ll take it and stop the bleeding.

    Let’s do tonight’s odd thoughts with grades.

    Danny Granger: A Is there any doubt that this is an A? What has always separated Danny from other players on our team and even to this day when there are other players who may be either as talented as him (West) or even more talented than him (George) is that Danny is just a fighter. Sure there are times that he may not come in at 100% but then there are times when he either gets mad or fed up that he can throw the team on his back and win. He has done that several times this year and tonight was no different. I think Danny was just not going to let us lose to the Nets. Deron Williams is a true star in this league, probably one of the top 3 point guards in the NBA and actually if he had a better team you could make an argument that he might be the best (depends really what you want from your point guard). But Danny just out willed him tonight.

    David West: C- Did hit the offensive glass tonight and he did score. But his defense, as has been the case lately, was at best poor. Humphries made him look like he was 38 with two knee replacements. Also is it my imagination or does he sometimes make some really stupid plays at the end of games when he is passing?

    Roy Hibbert: B I struggled to give him a B btw. I don’t know but I just seem to think when he is playing a guy who is not much taller than 6’8” tall he should be shooting both more and more accurately. Did get on the boards and did not get trapped out at the three point line on PnR’s tonight like he did last night. I guess if anyone needed the chicken soup of the Nets it was Roy. Let’s hope he can build on this game.

    Paul George: B+ You could argue that it could be higher but I am docking him some point for shooting 5 of his 8 attempts from behind the three point line. His defense in the second half was superb though and once again he made Deron Williams’s life a living hell. This is why I do not understand all of the “he has to play at the three spot” talk. He has such a huge advantage on the perimeter with his length and size. He goes to the three spot and he won’t have that advantage very often. There is going to be a natural progression with him and between him & Danny. I just hope all of the Paul George fans can live with it. I think for another two years Danny will still be the main player and then we will naturally shift to Paul being the best player and main cog. This is perfect IMO but I know there are going to be a lot of people who are not going to want to wait.

    Darren Collison: D- God love him he just can’t play against Deron Williams. I know the long list of people is going to be lined up to run him out of town on a rail and I understand why. But I hope they can consider he doesn’t play this way against every team and Williams truly is one of the best players in the NBA. He actually lost his minutes tonight in the 4th quarter which I think is the first time this has happened.

    A.J. Price: A Remember I grade guys a lot of times based on what is expected of them and tonight was really the best game A.J. has played in a long time. It’s not the fact that he hit his shots, that helps, but it is the fact that he actually tonight ran the offense and did not just look to get up whatever he could. Also his defense was outstanding; he was really disrupting the entry passes that the Nets were attempting. Also on the other end it should be noted that his entry passes were just perfect.

    Dahntay Jones: C Oy Vey he was brutal from the floor tonight. He played hard and rebounded but dear God that shot was off and that layup that Humphries blocked him on…I think I would have pretended I was injured and crawled off of the floor. It may have been a foul, but it just looked bad.

    Jeff Foster: B+ He was just working it tonight. Nothing real special here but he helps run a smooth ship when he is in there and he does nice work battling in the post. Also his pull up jumper that splashed caused the Nets bench to collectively both groan and shake their heads.

    Tyler Hansbrough: C If you believe in the +/- stat (I do not) then he was the best player on the floor for either team. Watching the game will change your mind about that in a hurry. Offensively he had all of the grace and poise of a hemophiliac dancing on broken glass but it can’t be denied that in the second half on the defensive end he denied Humphries position better than West did all night long. One time in particular Kris tried to back Tyler down but could not budge him. He also had 2 assists so there is that. Just really a weird game from him.

    Lance Stephenson: C I’m just going to assume that A.J. had it going on so they went with him and since Danny was on fire they used Dahntay for a few min with him. That has to be why he didn’t play more than he did. I’m just giving him a C because he didn’t do anything good or bad out there that I saw.

    Ok, we’ve got the bleeding stopped. Now we have to take care of business on Sunday and hope that the days off and a home stand can help get this team headed back in the right direction.

    I filmed this at the game from my seat and immediately thought that Vnzla81 would need to see this.



    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  3. #2
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    I agree that we shouldn't make Paul George a SF at all either, but as much of a height advantage he has at the SG, he would have a speed advantage at the SF. Just an observation. He would get posted up more and he would struggle with that though. Just wanted to point out that as much of an obvious advantage that he has at SG, he would still have one at SF.

    Other than that, I love how Vogel is using Paul George as our ace in the hole. He doesn't burn him out guarding every teams best player on the perimeter, but he throws him on them in the last half of the 4th quarter most times. They don't have time to adjust to it and it throws them off to end the game. I can dig it.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  5. #3

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the other hand I won’t be able to mention the words that MarShon Brooks used to describe Danny Granger without banning myself. In the mater of about 30 seconds I heard him question his birth legitimacy, called his mother a female dog and suggested that he should have relations with himself. It was all very entertaining.

    Also I’ll say this. I really like the area 55 guys and I think they bring a lot to the game and the experience. But I can tell you that the Nets bench was not very happy about them chanting Reggie Bush. Now Kris never acknowledged it, that I saw, but I heard very vividly Jordan Farmar and Sheldon Williams saying how low class they thought that was.
    I like the fact that they took the time to mention how low class chanting "Reggie Bush" was, but have no problem with Marshon saying that stuff. It's all fun and games until it's about one of your guys.

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,649

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    Quote Originally Posted by ndcoltsnpacers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the fact that they took the time to mention how low class chanting "Reggie Bush" was, but have no problem with Marshon saying that stuff. It's all fun and games until it's about one of your guys.
    To his credit Danny had just blasted him in the chest with a for arm.

    Also I think there is a world of difference between saying something in the heat of the moment to your team mates and not loud enough for either the refs. or the opposition to hear and having an organized loudly yelled chant.

    Look I don't want to draw the wrath of anyone here, I'm just saying what I heard and I'm saying I am not sure they were wrong.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  8. #5
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree that we shouldn't make Paul George a SF at all either, but as much of a height advantage he has at the SG, he would have a speed advantage at the SF. Just an observation. He would get posted up more and he would struggle with that though. Just wanted to point out that as much of an obvious advantage that he has at SG, he would still have one at SF.

    Other than that, I love how Vogel is using Paul George as our ace in the hole. He doesn't burn him out guarding every teams best player on the perimeter, but he throws him on them in the last half of the 4th quarter most times. They don't have time to adjust to it and it throws them off to end the game. I can dig it.
    PG defended Will the entire game except when LS and DJ gave him a break. I don't get what your saying.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Last edited by spazzxb; 02-17-2012 at 02:07 AM.

  9. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,064

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    I agree with the Danny and Paul assessment. If we can find an obvious upgrade over Danny who is a SG I would have no problem with moving Paul to SF, but I think having both of them gives us a huge advantage. It would be stupid to move him to SF just to move him to SF.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,043

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its funny how some people are just not who you expect them to be. DeShawn Stevenson is just one of the nicest guys in the world.
    I never thought of Stevenson as a bad guy. Sure, he may have had sex with a girl who was 14 years old. But he was 19 and we have no way to know that it was not consesual. I know several girls who had their first sexual experience at 14 or 15 with guys 2 or 3 years older than them and I wouldn't consider it a crime. Taking into account the weird situation that his family was when he was born I can hardly make an assumption for him from that action alone.

    Also, I agree with what you said about the Reggie Bush joke. Yeah, it's just used to throw him off but it's not the best subject to bring up to (I think the same about the MarShon comments).

    Glad you're giving us all those little tidbits, Peck

  12. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,064

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    I don't quite get the Reggie Bush stuff? Anyone care to explain?

  13. #9
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I told my wife to not say anything to loud or Joey Crawford might give us a “T” just for being there and for whatever reason DeShawn thought this was the funniest thing he’d heard.


    Oh ****, Joey just T'd me up.

  14. #10
    PD original FireTheCoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    southport, indiana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    628

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    I'll say that I don't think this team is as bad as the losing streak would indicate... hopefully this win will help restore some confidence and they can look back at the 5 game skid and learn some things that will help improve the play as a whole unit.

    The Pacers are still a playoff team even after a 5 game losing streak, and as we all know, the playoffs are really the only games that mean anything in the NBA. Regardless of our seeding, I doubt the Pacers will be an easy out in the post season...

    Hope they get some rest and come out hard next game.... GO PACERS!!

  15. #11
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    I'm glad we chanted "Reggie Bush", and we'd do it again. He knew what he was getting into when he began to date that chick in terms of publicity and ridicule. Dude was not going to get any mercy from us.

  16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,362

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    "Reggie Bush" is probably a lot tamer than what he has heard this season.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  18. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm glad we chanted "Reggie Bush", and we'd do it again. He knew what he was getting into when he began to date that chick in terms of publicity and ridicule. Dude was not going to get any mercy from us.
    I would still do it again if that was me, Kim Kardashian? Hell yeah!!!
    Last edited by vnzla81; 02-17-2012 at 07:25 AM.

  19. #14
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,086

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    I'm surprised I haven't heard more about what was the big huge phenomenon of this game: A.J. Price replaced Collison in the fourth.

    I don't think A.J. is great, but I think he is decent. Collison is great at some things but he is not even decent at distribution. This made a big difference and it is doubtful we win this game without this adjustment last night.

    Personally, I would love to see this become a permanent change. I'd like to see A.J. start, in fact. I just don't know if Vogel has the political will to do that.

    We need to acquire a better point guard. Until then, A.J. can make us better down the stretch.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  21. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    531

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm surprised I haven't heard more about what was the big huge phenomenon of this game: A.J. Price replaced Collison in the fourth.

    I don't think A.J. is great, but I think he is decent. Collison is great at some things but he is not even decent at distribution. This made a big difference and it is doubtful we win this game without this adjustment last night.

    Personally, I would love to see this become a permanent change. I'd like to see A.J. start, in fact. I just don't know if Vogel has the political will to do that.

    We need to acquire a better point guard. Until then, A.J. can make us better down the stretch.
    DC with the second unit would be better for everyone! He and Tyler seem to play very well together especially setting up Tyler in rhythm on his FT area jumpers. DC, Tyler and Hill could be a force off the bench with DC hitting Tyler or a kicking it out for a Hill 3 or use his speed to get to the cup.

  22. #16

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    B+ for PG? Without him the Pacers lose this game tonight.

  23. #17

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    ...Danny is just a fighter. Sure there are times that he may not come in at 100% but then there are times when he either gets mad or fed up that he can throw the team on his back and win. He has done that several times this year and tonight was no different. I think Danny was just not going to let us lose to the Nets. Deron Williams is a true star in this league, probably one of the top 3 point guards in the NBA and actually if he had a better team you could make an argument that he might be the best (depends really what you want from your point guard). But Danny just out willed him tonight.
    I was going to post something like this in the "this team has quit" thread as a reason that it should be locked, but I didn't want to give a stupid thread a bump.

    Danny could have taken a week off and let his ankle heal 100%. No, that is just not who he is. This team hasn't quit, and at least for last night the reason was that Danny wouldn't let them quit.

    (Now, if you are a mod and reading this, please go lock the quit thread!)
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  25. #18

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    [QUOTE=Peck;1376140]

    Let me say that Kris Humphries is a very under rated power forward. I have no idea why this guy does not get more attention really in the NBA because he is athletic, strong and quick. He basically destroyed David West tonight and while he didn’t quite abuse Tyler he didn’t let Tyler get anything going either.


    I don’t mean to sound to negative about all of this, a win is a win so we’ll take it and stop the bleeding. QUOTE]


    I was thinking this after the game how much better Humphries was than I remembered. He is very athletic, I didn't realize this, and has a nice mid-range jumper. I was wrong feeling he was nothing more than a garbage put back type player like Foster. Speaking of Foster, that jumper he hit was fantastic. The Pacers needed that basket.

    There was a time when the Pacers got down by 11 in the 1st qtr I was seeing deja vue. This win, even though against a below .500 team, hopefully is a start of better things, but again it was against a team under .500, so I'm not going to get carried away with the win. Just glad to have won!

    Has Marshon Brooks ever seen a shot he didn't like or couldn't hit? He's definately a shooter who can score.

  26. #19
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    Peck,

    Humphries went 0-4 (3-7 total) from the FT line the last time we played them when using the "Reggie Bush" chant. We were definitely going to use it again. Also, he blew a kiss in the air and then pointed at us when he finally made a FT. I'm sure it does bother him, but like Day-V said he knew what he was getting into when he let E! follow his every move around with a camera. He was also paid pretty handsomely for that "show" I would imagine.

    There are definitely lines that we should not cross, but IN MY OPINION this was not one of them. However, I told JonnyB83 on the way out of the Fieldhouse that I would love to have him on our team. Hell, he'd be one of my favorite Pacers. He has a Tyler level of enthusiasm about him, but also has the skill to go with it.
    Last edited by BPump33; 02-17-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  28. #20
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    A couple of things. First:

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG defended Will the entire game except when LS and DJ gave him a break. I don't get what your saying.
    In the game I was watching, DC was "defending" DWill in the first quarter. I even remember commenting that PG and DC should be switched on defense.

    Second:

    Two guys changed things when they hit the floor but not in ways anyone could really quantize:

    When Lance first came in he began to really get physical on DWill, which I think kind of knocked him for a loop and took him out of the zone he'd gotten into against DC. Just for that alone I think this was one of Lance's most effective games on the floor.

    Tyler's hands were basically on everything within reach every time he got near the ball. It seemed like other guys were so afraid to foul that they kept out of the scramble, while TH got in there and messed around. I'd like to think that helped them get some of their defensive aggression back.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  30. #21
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A couple of things. First:

    In the game I was watching, DC was "defending" DWill in the first quarter. I even remember commenting that PG and DC should be switched on defense.
    I'm pretty sure those 4 straight buckets he got posting up in the 1st quarter was due to DC being physically over matched, and left without a chance. Which is also why he found himself on the bench in the 4th quarter.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  32. #22

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    . . . Let me say that Kris Humphries is a very under rated power forward. I have no idea why this guy does not get more attention really in the NBA because he is athletic, strong and quick. He basically destroyed David West tonight and while he didn’t quite abuse Tyler he didn’t let Tyler get anything going either. . .
    IIRC, humphries had most of his points early. evidently the west and hansbrough didn't read the scouting report that humphries has only one hand. once they started crowding his right hand, things settled down.

    the reason he doesn't get more attention is offensively, he is only a jump shooter with one hand. and defensively, offensively dwest had a good game against him. ie he doesn't appear to be a top notch defender. humphries is a better version of troy murphy, without the 3 pt shooting. better defender, but not a good defender.

    it seems h is just a bad matchup for the current, undersized, pacer PF. so he is one of those guys that looks good against the pacers. better than his actual value. that said, he would still be a nice addition to the frontcourt rotation. pacers could use some size.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  34. #23
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG defended Will the entire game except when LS and DJ gave him a break. I don't get what your saying.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Eh, wha? I think you're confused.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  36. #24
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,321

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Also I’ll say this. I really like the area 55 guys and I think they bring a lot to the game and the experience. But I can tell you that the Nets bench was not very happy about them chanting Reggie Bush. Now Kris never acknowledged it, that I saw, but I heard very vividly Jordan Farmar and Sheldon Williams saying how low class they thought that was.
    Congrats to AREA 55 you're under their skin..... As others have pointed out you can't go on a reality show designed to create controversy, fake drama, to get people to tune in and get paid for it without being willing to take the heat.

    Kris Humphries signed on to be in the lime light and he succeeded.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  38. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Chicken Soup for the soul

    David West: C- Did hit the offensive glass tonight and he did score. But his defense, as has been the case lately, was at best poor. Humphries made him look like he was 38 with two knee replacements. Also is it my imagination or does he sometimes make some really stupid plays at the end of games when he is passing?
    His defense has been bad lately? how about all year? he is Boozer's bad, too bad we don't have a defensive machine like Noah to help on this a bit.

Similar Threads

  1. The Murder of Tayshana Murphy
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 04:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •