Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 74

Thread: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

  1. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good win but I have to laugh at the emotional up and downs of the majority of this board. One night a player is horrible and one night later they are stars waiting to happen. LOL Hopefully this win will help the fragile self confidence that so many players on the team seem to have.
    Who is the star you are talking about?

  2. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,392

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well our non "stars" haven't shown up lately (or are inj, Hill) so we've had to be
    I could see it being a change out of necessity, but I'm concerned it's a long-term trend with this team that Hill's return will not reverse.

  3. #28
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,172

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is the star you are talking about?
    No one in particular. Whoever is playing bad on a particular night and has a decent game the next night. Consistency night in and night out is what we should be looking for and most of our guys have not shown it. I posted before that we never know what guys are going to show up from night to night.

  4. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,392

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Lance Stephenson's last eight games in terms of playing time:
    18, 13, 13, 14, 20, 29, 4 (tonight)

    Should we read any further into this?

  5. #30
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could see it being a change out of necessity, but I'm concerned it's a long-term trend with this team that Hill's return will not reverse.
    Well for tonight at least, I think Granger just realized he had to rescue this sinking ship. I think the key is collison tho, when he is playing well, it seems like the team gels, when he sucks (and he's sucked lately) the whole offense gets stagnent

    Collison in wins 12.1 and 6.4
    Collison in loses 10.8 and 3.8
    Last edited by TheDavisBrothers; 02-16-2012 at 10:54 PM.

  6. #31
    Member MiaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,655

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance Stephenson's last eight games in terms of playing time:
    18, 13, 13, 14, 20, 29, 4 (tonight)

    Should we read any further into this?
    No, IMO when we are playing good ball we can afford to get him some burn in games. I think Frank knew he needed to do anything possible to scratch out a win and went with whats good for the team right NOW as opposed to building for the future when possible.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:


  8. #32
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well for tonight at least, I think Granger just realized he had to rescue this sinking ship. I think the key is collison tho, when he is playing well, it seems like the team gels, when he sucks (and he's sucked lately) the whole offense gets stagnent
    And the Defense turns to swiss cheese...
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  9. #33

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Where is Brooke tonight?

    I was wondering the samething.

  10. #34
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    It was a win, so I'll take it, but the defense was still pretty bad. Offense finally clicked a bit, which is why we won.

    Still a lot of work to do.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  12. #35
    Member MiaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,655

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was wondering the samething.
    Id make a joke about her and I being on a date but I would hate to upset the prudes on the board that had a hissy the last time someone said something about her.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:


  14. #36
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,565

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    I hope Deron Williams was doing his homework tonight. I hope he noticed that with a point guard of his caliber, our team would be undeniably a top 3 seed in the east!

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:


  16. #37
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,103

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Id make a joke about her and I being on a date but I would hate to upset the prudes on the board that had a hissy the last time someone said something about her.
    HOW DARE YOU EVEN JOKE ABOUT MAKING A JOKE ABOUT HER?!?

  17. #38

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Granger and George killed it. I thought the key was AJ though. He played a great floor game offensively, but it was his defense that changed the game IMO. I know Paul was making all the plays, but that was because they finally realized they couldn't abuse AJ in the post like they were Darren (felt sorry for him). That played right into Paul's hands.

    Really I thought almost everybody played well tonight. The ones who didn't played hard and that's all you can ask.

  18. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope Deron Williams was doing his homework tonight. I hope he noticed that with a point guard of his caliber, our team would be undeniably a top 3 seed in the east!
    Even with him I don't think we are top 3 anymore, we have a lot of holes.

  19. #40
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    I am quite elated that they won tonight. My fiancee and I were watching the game at home and in the 4th she quipped "thats the Pacers we know" after PG and Danny Granger made a series of defensive stops.

    I hope this serves as a lesson to them. Defense wins above all else. I hope George keys in on his defensive abilities from here on out.

    If I were Vogel i'd make a deal with George. For every defensive stop you make, thats one free play you get to do whatever you want on offense.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  20. #41
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,565

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HOW DARE YOU EVEN JOKE ABOUT MAKING A JOKE ABOUT HER?!?
    The joke is that she stopped wearing her glasses.

  21. #42
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,565

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even with him I don't think we are top 3 anymore, we have a lot of holes.
    I disagree, and I rarely disagree with what u have to say. Looking at this team, I see a lot of our issues stem from not having a point guard who can run the show. DC is wild and really cannot control the flow of a game. A shooter and another big who isnt a clumsy neanderthal would be helpful additions but you can't tell me that adding a player the level of D Will to this roster wouldn't catapult us to a whole new level.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:


  23. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, and I rarely disagree with what u have to say. Looking at this team, I see a lot of our issues stem from not having a point guard who can run the show. DC is wild and really cannot control the flow of a game. A shooter and another big who isnt a clumsy neanderthal would be helpful additions but you can't tell me that adding a player the level of D Will to this roster wouldn't catapult us to a whole new level.
    Don't get me wrong I agree that bringing a guy like Dwill could help a lot, I'm just not sure if that could be enough to be top 3.

  24. #44
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't get me wrong I agree that bringing a guy like Dwill could help a lot, I'm just not sure if that could be enough to be top 3.
    I would argue that aside from point, we have an extremely similar team to Chicago, so with Deron as our Rose I think we would be about equal

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDavisBrothers For This Useful Post:


  26. #45
    Member adamscb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Age
    22
    Posts
    582

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Pacers/Nets Postgame Thread Replies: 40
    Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread Replies: 450

    something is wrong with this.

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adamscb For This Useful Post:


  28. #46
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,565

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't get me wrong I agree that bringing a guy like Dwill could help a lot, I'm just not sure if that could be enough to be top 3.
    Chicago and Miami are obvious choices but the rest of the field doesn't worry me as much.

    Taking into account that this year I believe well finish no lower than 5th, with Boston as the 3 and a dogfight w/Philly for the 4 spot.

    Going forward however, barring a Dwight Howard to NJ scenario, the only team I truly worry about competing with for that 3rd spot is the Knicks (and I'm still not completely sold on Lin). Boston's age will get them out of the mix soon enough.

    With D Will, we're better than PHI,ATL,ORL and whoever else in the East.
    Last edited by LA_Confidential; 02-16-2012 at 11:16 PM.

  29. #47
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,565

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by adamscb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers/Nets Postgame Thread Replies: 40
    Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread Replies: 450

    something is wrong with this.
    Misery loves company.

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:


  31. #48
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,303

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Was it just me, or did Paul do one HELL of a good job defending D-Will in the second half?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  32. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would argue that aside from point, we have an extremely similar team to Chicago, so with Deron as our Rose I think we would be about equal
    I used to think the same thing but I've seen the Bulls team beat teams without Rose or Deng, we are like a poor version of them.

  33. #50
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nets postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I used to think the same thing but I've seen the Bulls team beat teams without Rose or Deng, we are like a poor version of them.
    I've got to disagree again, the bulls were 1-5 in games without Rose his 1st 3 seasons and even tho they are 7-2 this year without him, they have beat:
    Sac
    Cha
    Cle twice
    Pho
    Was
    Bos
    All those teams suck except Bos, but they also lost to Bos in that stretch, a team we won our season series against

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •