Thread: I don't even really know enough about his game to say if I want this or not, but...

Default I don't even really know enough about his game to say if I want this or not, but...

Given all of the praise he gets, it seems from a distance like it might be interesting for us/them.

Granger for James Harden and Kendrick Perkins.

I've heard talk recently that they really seem to do better when only one of Perkins or Ibaka is on the floor and instead of both going with more of a Westbrook-3 wings-Ibaka or Perkins lineup, and clearly Ibaka has more years left in him.

So why not get an interesting and talented young SG that many praise big time, while giving them a PUNISHING lineup where Danny freakin' Granger is the guy you have to leave open in the corner while you worry about what Westbrook and Durant are going to do? I think Danny would be a tremendous 3rd guy for OKC.

Not perfect, but on the surface I kind of dig it for both teams.

Plus the part where we add Kendrick Perkins as the best backup center in the entire league, and more importantly I think he would be another HUGE addition to your young core to go along with the HUGE additions Hill and West have been for us: A been-there-done-that vet with poise and talent who can show the rest of the team how it's done.

DC/Hill
    Harden/Stephenson
    George/Jones
    West/Hansbrough
    Hibbert/Perkins

Really, really like it for us, and frankly I think it could work out really well for OKC, too.

Or not? *shrug*

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I don't even really know enough about his game to say if I want this or not, but...

OKC would never even consider Granger for Harden straight up. They certainly aren't going to throw in Perk as well.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I don't even really know enough about his game to say if I want this or not, but...

I agree with Mackey, but I love the idea of trading with OKC. The trade I have thrown out there before that got rebuffed was Granger straight up for Ibaka, but the money doesn't work now. I think we would have to throw in Hansborough for a guard from them, but Harden would be way too much for them to be willing to give up.

The biggest problem is that OKC has the best SF in the league already and Granger really can't play SG. He would be a $12M per year player coming off the bench. I don't think OKC would be willing to make the Ibaka for Granger move.

I would love to get Harden or Ibaka in free agency. I think they will have to make a decision to keep one and let one of them go, which is enticing. I think they would also look to trade one of them before then, so it is possible.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The biggest problem is that OKC has the best SF in the league already and Granger really can't play SG. He would be a $12M per year player coming off the bench.
    2nd best.

And the gap between 1 and 2 is pretty huge right now.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Bird would have to have pictures of Sam Presti banging a horse for this trade to ever happen.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

This message has been deleted by Mackey_Rose. Reason: There's probably already enough beastiality references in this thread, no reason to pile on with necrophilia.

I disagree.

Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This message has been deleted by Mackey_Rose. Reason: There's probably already enough beastiality references in this thread, no reason to pile on with necrophilia.

I disagree.

Suffice it to say that Sam Presti would rather have relations with the corpse of Secretariat in the middle of Times Square than make this deal.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

I would love to have Harden here.

Perkins contract is a liability to this point and OKC would love to get him out of there.

Pacers would be smart to leave Perkins alone.

OKC has no interest in Danny or another starting SF.

Hibbert is the only Pacers player that can get Harden here.

OKC needs and wants a big and Hibbert would create a long term trio in Hibbert, Durant and Westbrook. Ibaka playing along side Hibbert would be crazy good.

Sports Logo

This may be the only Danny Granger in which I'd agree with. That's probably because it's heavily lopsided in our favor. Also, I like both players. I still like Danny more himself, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    2nd best.

And the gap between 1 and 2 is pretty huge right now.
    Exactly...let's try not to get caught up in the fall out from the finals. Lebron is likely the best player on the planet...for those that are older than I, who was the last player to effect a game in so Many different ways?

I guess I think less of those two from OKC than most do. I thought this was closer to fair then apparently the majority think.

I was also assuming Danny and Durant start together, by the way, not Danny coming off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I guess I think less of those two from OKC than most do. I thought this was closer to fair then apparently the majority think.
    If offered either player in a vacuum, 30 out of 30 GM's would take Harden over Granger.

As far as OKC is concerned, the fact that Harden plays a position that isn't occupied by one of their two superstars, makes it a no brainer. Adding in a good, veteran defensive big is just icing on the cake.

-Lance Stephenson

If offered either player in a vacuum, 30 out of 30 GM's would take Harden over Granger.

As far as OKC is concerned, the fact that Harden plays a position that isn't occupied by one of their two superstars, makes it a no brainer. Adding in a good, veteran defensive big is just icing on the cake.
    Age and ceiling is a big deal in that harden is young and may have a higher ceiling...

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Harden has franchise player potential IMO... in fact I'm expecting some team to give him a Joe Johnson-type max offer when his rookie deal is up. Unlike JJ he might even be worth it.

OKC is going to be in a tough bind. Can they afford 3 max contract players? Plus whatever Ibaka's going to get? There's the flipside of parity for you, OKC is in effect going to be penalized for drafting well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Age and ceiling is a big deal in that harden is young and may have a higher ceiling...
    This is a big deal.

But, I'm talking in a vacuum. Pretend they are the same age. Same contract. 30 out of 30 GM's would pick to have Harden right now over Granger . And it wouldn't be a difficult decision.

He's just a better player. Period.
    Last edited by BRushWithDeath; 02-29-2012 at 08:00 AM.

-Lance Stephenson

Sports Logo

Harden to Granger straight up is subject to preference. Still, most people (myself included although kind on the ropes) would take Harden.

When you put in Perkins as well it just becomes too good to pass up. If only we could be so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Harden to Granger straight up is subject to preference. Still, most people (myself included although kind on the ropes) would take Harden.
    You're right.

Would you prefer the younger and better player or the older and worse player? My preference is for the former.

-Lance Stephenson

Sports Logo

You're right.

Would you prefer the younger and better player or the older and worse player? My preference is for the former.
    The real question is another one.

Do you want the player that can play the SF and PF spots who is a slightly better 3 point shooter and stronger or the player that can play SG and (somewhat) PG (while being 6'5", let's not forget this) who has a much higher ceiling and a lot better handles?

I'd prefer the latter as well. However, if you need a SF that can play PF as well you choose the former and not the latter.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

It seems the only "lopsided" deal we will ever pull off will have to involve providing cap space to a desperate team.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Mood

It's surprising what teams will do when they can't get over the hump. OKC needs to get to the Finals this season IMO, otherwise people will get antsy (which is ridiculous, I know).

Over the next 5 the Thunder will be paying Westbrook/Durant $34M/year (on average).

Over the next four Perk adds $8M/year to that, bringing those three to $42M. A year.

Harden is making roughly $18M over the next three, with that third year being a QO. Now we're at $48M/year, and you know Harden/Ibaka will be getting raises. Ibaka barely averages out to $2.5M/year over the next three.

Even if not, your core of Westbrook/Harden/Durant/Perk/Ibaka is making about $50M/year, leaving what, $8-$10M to fill out the roster? Not impossible, but you never know what they'll do. Not to mention Danny is capable of scoring 20-25+/game, solid defender, would cause problems for the Mavs/Lakers/Clippers when paired with Durant.

Wouldn't immediately discount this proposal, as trades consider much more than simply one players talent versus another.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    The real question is another one.

Do you want the player that can play the SF and PF spots who is a slightly better 3 point shooter and stronger or the player that can play SG and (somewhat) PG (while being 6'5", let's not forget this) who has a much higher ceiling and a lot better handles?

I'd prefer the latter as well. However, if you need a SF that can play PF as well you choose the former and not the latter.
    I like harden I really do but I don't think in a vaccuum all gms would take harden over granger...I just don't see it...