Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: This team has quit...again

Default Re: This team has quit...again

Quote Originally Posted by Ratking View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm only a little worried, cause I would have expected them to come out guns blazing after the break before the Miami game, considering they will have a 5 day break over All-Star weekend (starting next Thursday).

Hicks, I agree that we have to remind ourselves of the insane schedule so far this season, and empathize with the possibility that they are just extremely fatigued. I still thought they would have given more effort in the last week before a 5 day break.

Maybe we will see that effort starting tonight. It could have been a sort of strategy not to blow it all against a superior Miami team and then be spent for the following two games. I still think we should have won last night, even without Granger. Central Division opponent, missing best player: I don't see a reason for the lack of motivation.

So if its a counter fatigue strategy, I hope tonight we see its payoff. Then again, we didn't plan for a Granger injury.
    I don't buy that. The Pacers have played 1 less game than some other teams. Everyone has a tight schedule. Why are the Pacers playing with less energy than others?
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I was going to write a big slam about how a 5 game losing streak this year is like a 6+ streak loss in a normal year, and that 2nd round teams don't lose nearly 10% of their games in a stretch.

Then I did the research on just the Western 2nd round teams last year.

So the good news is apparently you can lose 5-6 games in a row and still be a title contender. I think the Mavs did it due to the loss of Dirk (by memory), but whatever. And Indy is without Hill and now Granger so that has to count for something.

Maybe it's not that bad after all??? Doesn't seem possible, but seeing the losing streaks of those teams put me in the shoes of their fans (Memphis was 8-14 I think, something like that) and they had to think the train had wrecked in the heart of those stretches of losing.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    and then everybody will think we're back to being contenders
    We never were contenders to begin with but we're not slightly above .500 either.

The record we had was not a farce. We're a good enough team to compete for the 3rd to 6th seeds. Probably around .650.

That said, you are right that this board overreacts. But frankly I don't see this team as only being a .500 team or slightly above it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I don't buy that. The Pacers have played 1 less game than some other teams. Everyone has a tight schedule. Why are the Pacers playing with less energy than others?

Especially, when not playing the up tempo game the former coach did. It was discussed many many times over the seasons of his style creating fatigue in the players, b/c of his run n gun style game.