Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Odd Thoughts: Cleveland Rocks....

Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Cleveland Rocks....

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And if he is then the rest of the team needs to sack up. Just my opinion though...West has only been regarded as a pro's pro by nearly everyone else in the league
    If he's not causing chemistry issues in the locker room, his play is causing issues on the team.

I said before, Danny and West are supposed to be the team's leaders. And Danny and David are completely disregarding the defensive side of the ball for their offense.

He's been, absolutely pathetic defensively - and rebounding. More so than any other player. But Quinn said he wanted more shots on offense?

I liked David at first, and maybe what I'm seeing on the court is simply a reaction to something going on in the locker room, instead of the cause. But if he brought some defensive intensity to the game, I always figured the younger guys would follow.

If he's supposed to be a leader, why hasn't DWest put his arm around Roy and tried to give him a little confidence? I've seen Dahntay do that for every single one of the bench players. Heck, I've seen AJ do that for Lance and Tyler. What are Danny and DWest doing? Why hasn't he picked up his energy, his defense, his rebounding, instead of being the worst offender?

So sure, maybe he is a calming force in the locker room. Maybe it's one of the other starters...but I'd expect him to take charge and be more of a leader instead of..what we are seeing.

As much as we can't win with Roy pouting and PG off in LaLa land, the team really starts with David and Danny. Our vets. And when those two aren't defending, aren't rebounding, aren't bringing energy - everything that is supposed to be the essence of smashball, I have to point at them first.
    Last edited by Sookie; 02-16-2012 at 02:54 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    That is precisely why i am not attending tonights game. I'll watch from home. I'm not spending the time and resources to make it downtown to watch them trot out some futile effort to beat the Nets. i dont' mind if my team loses, but giving craptacular effort while doing so....well I can only watch that in person so much. I'll be back at the fieldhouse on Sunday or Tuesday.
    Wow.

I haven't even got the words to express the derision I feel for this post.

I think this falls into the category "we've established what you are, now we're just haggling over the price."
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Wow.

I haven't even got the words to express the derision I feel for this post.

I think this falls into the category "we've established what you are, now we're just haggling over the price."
    I don't get your contempt for me, and I don't appreciate your insult.

Don't' you think the fans deserve more than the effort they are putting forth? Its one thing to lose to a better team, its another to not even compete. We have seen this **** poor effort level 3 times in the last 5 games. Why should I be compelled to go downtown and watch that? They already got my money on tickets, but they won't be getting my money on Parking and concessions.

Its not the most effective protest, but its one that makes me feel better right now. So please keep your snide *** comments to yourself.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    I will save my theory of a player I think may be the one breaking the chemistry for later when I am not so pessimistic (It's probably not who you think) *Hint it's not Lance*.
    I may have missed it...but after the Nets win...I'm guessing that you are not as pessimistic anymore.

Did you ever get around to telling us your theory on who maybe the Player that you think may have been creating problems in Team Chemistry?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I may have missed it...but after the Nets win...I'm guessing that you are not as pessimistic anymore.

Did you ever get around to telling us your theory on who maybe the Player that you think may have been creating problems in Team Chemistry?
    No I didn't.

After posting that I immediately regretted it & should have taken it out.

The reason for my regret was that this was a conversation that I probably read to much into & after reading the article today I think it is moot now anyway.

I'll just say this, for 100% certain it was not Lance Stephenson.

But that is why I need to wait for a cooling down period before I do one of these. I am just a fan like everybody else and I tend to get to high or to low in the heat of the battle, once I step away for awhile I can look at it with more objectivity.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    No I didn't.

The reason for my regret was that this was a conversation that I probably read to much into & after reading the article today I think it is moot now anyway.

But that is why I need to wait for a cooling down period before I do one of these. I am just a fan like everybody else and I tend to get to high or to low in the heat of the battle, once I step away for awhile I can look at it with more objectivity.
    Are you sure about that?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    No I didn't.

Okay...excuse me while I try to put the lid back on this proverbial "can of worms" that I re-opened.

I'm guessing that you can tuck this away under the "You will revisit this next time we hit a rough patch" category

I assume that you will be paying more attention to this Player going forward to see if your theory pans out.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.