Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland/Washington generals 2.0 postgame thread

Banned

Default Re: Cleveland/Washington generals 2.0 postgame thread

Hill does play more but Price shoots the ball more than Hill and Tyler at a per 36 rate.

Its like that legendary 5 game win streak, it's just gonna be an aberration. I can't think that this team will be like this.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PER36 Attempts
    12.1 Price
    10.6 Hill
    Ooooo 1.5 more shots per 36 minutes, he takes soooo many more shots. Not to meantion according to your stats Price has been one of the best shooters on the team recently. Anyways the facts are Hansbrough is shooting less because of Hansbrough and/or coaches, not because heisn't getting the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    Its like that legendary 5 game win streak, it's just gonna be an aberration. I can't think that this team will be like this.
    That's an interesting point. That 5 game win streak made us think the Pacers were better than they were. Maybe this one is making us believe we are worse than we are.

This game started as badly as the Miami game overall was, but it didn't end as badly as that. I think we'll eventually bounce back from all of this and this stretch will just be a bad memory eventually. Many thought it was all over during our 6-game losing streak with Vogel last year, too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Ooooo 1.5 more shots per 36 minutes, he takes soooo many more shots. Not to meantion according to your stats Price has been one of the best shooters on the team recently. Anyways the facts are Hansbrough is shooting less because of Hansbrough and/or coaches, not because heisn't getting the ball.
    1.5 more shots per 36 is too many, also Price is a hooper in garbage time just like most NBA players but when its not his percentage is bad, he's over 80% from the field after the dogs have been called these last 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    It's not worth it.

You'd think a Tyler fan would like AJ though...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    It's not worth it.

You'd think a Tyler fan would like AJ though...
    I don't dislike AJ or anyone of the team but the fact remains he shoots too often, I Honestly don't know how anyone can dispute that. If AJ is shooting at a higher rate than anyone on the bench and a couple of the starters we have an issue.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Pacers had "8" asts for the game against Cleveland while Cleveland had 24 asts!!!! AGAINST CLEVELAND!
    It's pretty difficult to register an assist when quite often the offense has one if its players dribbling the ball outside the 3-point line with 4-5 seconds on the shot clock.

I don't know how many times this happened, but I have a hunch is was probably greater than 10 times. I really shouldn't have referred to what was going on as an offense, I usually think that in order to call it an "offense" that it must have a plan and serve a purpose.

But then, I suppose we really cannot use the term "defense" then either, can we?

I suppose it logically follows that, since basketball involves playing something called offense and something called defense, that we must have been playing some other sport.... since we obviously could not claim to have played either offense nor defense.

But, I won't panic yet.... we ARE a better team than what we have been showing the last 2-3 games.

I don't dislike AJ or anyone of the team but the fact remains he shoots too often, I Honestly don't know how anyone can dispute that. If AJ is shooting at a higher rate than anyone on the bench and a couple of the starters we have an issue.
    I don't think he shoots too much simply because I don't typically have a problem with the shots he takes, and I also understand in the "Lance, AJ, Dahntay, Tyler, and Lou" bench unit, there is a severe lack of scorers.

I don't think you can get mad at AJ for trying to do what's best in the situation...get some points on the board. It's like I said earlier about DC, at the end of the day, whoever has the most points wins.

Tyler's struggling to get shots right now, and Price is getting wide open ones. He better take them. At some point, team's will adjust, and come out and defend AJ, and Tyler will have an easier time getting shots. But as it is right now, AJ's agenda, coming down the floor (so long as Granger isn't in there with him) is almost always "Get the ball to Tyler and see if we can get a good shot out of it." It's just simply working less and less because the opposing defense is entirely focused on Tyler. (There are actually times when all five defenders have sunk in on Tyler when he's got the ball.)

I agree with you, in that Tyler should be the #1 option, but opposing teams are forcing the rest of the bench to score. AJ's got a better chance of hitting a jump shot than Lance or Lou..and despite percentages, probably Dahntay as well.
    Last edited by Sookie; 02-16-2012 at 12:24 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

I generally like PGs that point and SGs that shoot, but you yourself pointed out that AJ has actually shot the ball very well over the last 5 games.

I don't consider AJ taking a few extra shots as an issue in our 5 losses. What I do take issue to is that we haven't done a very good job at all with moving the ball inside the paint.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Banned

I'm sorry Sookie and I know that you love the guy not matter what, but a guy who shoots .300% shouldn't be shooting that much.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

We're now 3-7 without Hill this year.
    I'm glad someone decided to post something interesting in this thread. I'm not particularly interested in the "what", you know, I watched the ****ing game. The "why" however? That I'm interested in. Apparently Hill is important.

I hope the "Lets move Danny Granger to make better room for Paul George" crowd took notes of this game as well. Not that Paul George's potential isn't still extremely high, but he is SOOOOOO far away right now, and people need to realize that.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This game started as badly as the Miami game overall was, but it didn't end as badly as that. I think we'll eventually bounce back from all of this and this stretch will just be a bad memory eventually. Many thought it was all over during our 6-game losing streak with Vogel last year, too.
    You are expecting people to be reasonable. First mistake.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    I generally like PGs that point and SGs that shoot, but you yourself pointed out that AJ has actually shot the ball very well over the last 5 games.
    He's shot better mainly due to garbage He had 2 points last night and 3 points tonight before scoring 18 points combined in final minuets of the last two blowouts.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I'm sorry Sookie and I know that you love the guy not matter what, but a guy who shoots .300% shouldn't be shooting that much.
    He's shot 48% the past 5 games...He's really not the problem. (Actually, this game, I thought he should have looked for his shot a lot more than he did.) You realize, that he's averaging about 12 minutes per game..meaning he's shooting a whopping 4 times per game...(That's about 1 time every 8 possessions..and he's probably the second best scoring threat on the bench right now..in fact, percentage wise, the last five games, he's the best.)

But I know how this works, and it's silly to argue because we're going to disagree. He came in for Hill and didn't play well for a couple of games, but has since. And he's like, one of the only guys who has. He's taking open shots, that's what he should be doing. Everyone wants him to be pass first, but he simply can't be with that bench unit. (Similarly, the team plays better when DC is attacking.)

People like to blame point guards for everything. But there are five players on the court, if 3 of the 5 can't score, the point guard has to.
    Last edited by Sookie; 02-16-2012 at 12:49 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

He's shot better mainly due to garbage He had 2 points last night and 3 points tonight before scoring 18 points combined in final minuets of the last two blowouts.
    I could care less how many points he is scoring.

A decent measure of who should be shooting the ball is the percentage of FMGs out of his FGAs. And whether Price is putting it in the whole in the first quarter, the second quarter or even the last two minutes of the fourth quarter, he appears to be doing it on a regular basis, especially for a backcourt player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    I could care less how many points he is scoring.

A decent measure of who should be shooting the ball is the percentage of FMGs out of his FGAs. And whether Price is putting it in the whole in the first quarter, the second quarter or even the last two minutes of the fourth quarter, he appears to be doing it on a regular basis, especially for a backcourt player.
    He's made 5-of-6 shots in garbage time the last two nights, If you don't factor in those kind of stats then Lou, AJ and Lance are future studs because they ball out in those situations.

He's made 5-of-6 shots in garbage time the last two nights, If you don't factor in those kind of stats then Lou, AJ and Lance are future studs because they ball out in those situations.
    To be fair, the entire time AJ was on the court the past two games could arguably be considered "garbage time."

A wide open shot is a wide open shot, regardless. He wasn't making them before, he is now. AJ has never had a problem with "pressure shots."

Banned

Not hard to shoot when it doesn't matter if you make it or miss it. I've seen Tyler look like a sharpshooter out there when everyone is halfway trying. Isaiah Thomas' night tonight was a perfect example of this bricked everything until the end of the game and goes 5-for-5 for 9 points and a 1-for-8 becomes a 6-for-13. Hamilton and Faried done the same thing for Denver tonight scoring 22 in the 4th of a blowout.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post

I hope the "Lets move Danny Granger to make better room for Paul George" crowd took notes of this game as well. Not that Paul George's potential isn't still extremely high, but he is SOOOOOO far away right now, and people need to realize that.
    It's not that simple.

People that know what there talking about think Paul George's natural position is SF. This game just proves it if anything. It has nothing to do with Danny Granger he just happens to be playing Paul's position.

but don't let that stop you from generalizing and then calling others unreasonable...

28. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    It's not that simple.

People that know what there talking about think Paul George's natural position is SF. This game just proves it if anything. It has nothing to do with Danny Granger he just happens to be playing Paul's position.

but don't let that stop you from generalizing and then calling others unreasonable...
    But isn't the same true in the opposite opinion as well? People who know what they are talking about think Paul George's perfect position is shooting guard. This game didn't prove anything other than we really are bad right now.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    But isn't the same true in the opposite opinion as well? People who know what they are talking about think Paul George's perfect position is shooting guard. This game didn't prove anything other than we really are bad right now.
    I think PG would have to move to SF sometime in the future, I expect him to get a big bigger, I also think that one of the issues on this team is that we have two guys in him and Danny that can't dribble or create their own shot.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I think PG would have to move to SF sometime in the future, I expect him to get a big bigger, I also think that one of the issues on this team is that we have two guys in him and Danny that can't dribble or create their own shot.
    Why do you think he will get bigger?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Why do you think he will get bigger?
    I expect him to get more muscle he looks like Tmac in his rookie season and as Tmac and many other players I expect him to get bigger and stronger.