Thread: We Will Be Back

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default We Will Be Back

I'm stating my position right now. This is some sort of terrible streak, but we will recover. We probably are not as good as we looked at the beginning of the season, but I refuse to believe we are this bad. There is no way. So many people are talking about big trades, tanking, and missing the playoffs.

I still believe we will be in the playoffs, and a top 6 seed. We knew there would be highs and lows. I think we have had higher highs than expected and this is a lower low than I expected. We will be back from this awful stretch.

Any one with me?

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: We Will Be Back

We will be back....next season

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I haven't seen a single person say we should tank or will miss the playoffs. Not even in the game thread where you have to take most things with a grain of salt. Trades, yes (though many of the posts have been of the frustration type, not the serious proposal type), a significant number of people are beating that drum. I'm not among them.

Of course we will recover. I don't think that's a bold statement. We're not 19 game losing streak bad. But there is definitely significant cause for concern and a lot of uncertainty.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

We will eventually start playing better, but I don't know if I can continue to root for a team that clearly doesn't give a ****.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

Of course we'll be back. The Pacers aren't going anywhere (except down the shitter). Bird's probably shaking in his cowboy boots trying to figure out how to fix the situation. At least we're going through something that can't be ignored at all. So Bird will know that he has to fix this.

Regardless, trades are normal (and suggested), tanking's forbidden, and there isn't a chance in the universe that Boston, New York, Milwaukee, Cleveland, or Toronto are going to end up high enough to knock us out of the playoffs.

I just hate watching us struggle against the CLEVELAND CAVALIERS of all teams.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

I can see Boston and NY catching and surpassing us, but I don't see us falling below #8.

Still, even #8 is a tremendous disappointment.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

this team flat out sucks. okay, more like .500 caliber. we dont have a single consistent player on the team. we have no depth to speak of. honeymoon is over, Vogel is nothing special.. at all. Collison is not a starting PG. George's best show of "progression" has been like two good games. guess what, he did that last year too. Hibbert kind of deserved to be in the all-star game based on stats/other players, but to call him an all-star caliber player is laughable. he is a clumsy oaf who occasionally gets it going and is unguardable. Granger cant shoot to save his life this season. West has been our best most consistent starter IMO

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

It's not about wanting them to tank.

They ARE tanking, in spite of our interests otherwise.

The CLE game was enough to flip me on the issue. It's too soon to blow it up I guess, that makes no sense, but this situation is seriously F'd up.

You do NOT go down to CLE by 20 in the 2nd quarter after going down by 35 to MIA, and after dogging along vs DEN, and after letting a horrible ORL effort still beat you rather easily at times.

This team broke somehow and are now really good and broken. They WERE good, they were playing great, elite level defense, rebounding like maniacs, and showing a toughness and fire that other teams struggled to match.

And just like that they turned into one of the 5 worst teams in the NBA. Seriously. We inherited the Wizards somehow, someway.

I guess for me the EFFORT vs CLE was just one too many to shake off, especially since you'd normally think that they'd be fired up to get some revenge on someone after the previous night.

Travel isn't the excuse and they certainly haven't played more games than other teams up to this point. Losing by 3 to CLE with dead legs in the 4th, that's different. That's not this.

If this was a friend of mine showing this kind of dramatic "mood" swing where he started showing low interest and was letting his job effort turn to crap to the point of being fired or close to it, then I'd suspect that my friend:

A) developed depression or another serious mental disorder
    B) was an alcoholic
    C) had developed a drug addiction

If someone told me they knew that 5 Pacers were doing 8 balls of coke in the hotel it could not be less believable than whatever is going on. In-fighting, too much Xbox, severe blows to the head....?
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 02-15-2012 at 09:25 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    We will eventually start playing better, but I don't know if I can continue to root for a team that clearly doesn't give a ****.
    I'm 100% walking out of the game and ripping up my ticket as I go if they start the game off with another 1st quarter like this.

I love the team, I support the franchise, and the tickets are paid for. But I'll be d***ed if I'll sit through efforts like we saw tonight.

Caring but losing, okay. Getting beat by an elite player that is just better than anyone on your team, okay. But phoning in the effort 2 seconds after tip-off? That is the one cardinal sin for an Indiana Pacer player IMO.

BTW, in regardless to the quick flip I've had, I see it like my view on Artest. I and several others stuck by him and defended him all the time. Then he went on local TV and asked for a trade one night and all of us who had stuck with him instantly switched our view.

It's one thing to have issues, it's another to not care or not appreciate the fan support enough to try.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I agree with you, Purdue. My assesment always was 3rd to 6th seed. I still see us going there. It's just that the last few games are far too disappointing. The last game was almost the icing of the game. I have not panicked yet and I understand that teams go through rough patches but I cannot help but feeling sad right now

That's also the reason why I thanked Seth's posts. He is spot on about lack of effort and caring. It's not that we started sucking all of a sudden. It's not that we were overachieving earlier in the season or anything. We only did basic stuff. Play D, fight for every ball, rebound, pass the rock, find the open man, hit the open shot. Basic stuff that every NBA player should be able to do. The difference lies within our effort. We're just not trying hard enough for whatever the reason is. We're try to make runs late in the 4th but when you're down 20 by the end of the 3rd you have to start making those runs earlier.

The only person that's trying the last few days is Lou Amundson. He is the only one who seems to care. That's why I have developed the outmost respect for him lately. Yeah, his offensive game is poor but he IS trying. The only way I see us winning right now is our players starting to mimick Lou's effort.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post: