Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 460

Thread: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

  1. #1
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    StL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,713

    Default 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    TAKING OUR TALENTS
    TO THE MISTAKE
    BY THE LAKE



    -VS-



    Game Time Start: 7:30 PM ET
    Where: Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH
    Officials: G. Willard, B. Forte, M. Myers

    Media Notes: Indiana Notes, Cleveland Notes
    Local TV: FSI
    Local Radio: WIBC 93.1 FM
    NBA Feeds:


    REMINDER: Per PD policy, please do not share a link to, describe how to search for, request a link to, or request a PM about streaming video of a NBA game that is not coming directly through the NBA. Not even in a "wink-wink, nudge-nudge, know-what-I-mean" round-about sort of way. Thank you



    Season Records: (W-L)
    17-11
    (Road: 10-7)
    10-16
    (Home: 5-7)
    Upcoming Games:
    Feb 16
    Feb 19
    Feb 21
    Feb 22
    Feb 28
    vs vs vs at vs
    7:00 pm
    6:00 pm
    7:00 pm
    7:00 pm
    7:00 pm


    Projected Starting Lineup:
    C
    PF
    SF
    SG
    PG
    HIBBERT
    WEST
    JONES
    GEORGE
    COLLISON
    Projected Starting Lineup:
    C
    PF
    SF
    SG
    PG
    ERDEN
    JAMISON
    CASSPI
    GIBSON
    IRVING


    Pacers
    Danny Granger, sprained left ankle, game-time decision
    Jeff Foster, sore lower back, out
    George Hill, left ankle chip fracture, out

    Cavaliers
    Anthony Parker, low back strain, day-to-day
    Anderson Varejao, right wrist fracture, out


    Semi-Relevant Trivia:
    According to an informal
    poll (read: just me),
    which former Cavalier
    has the greatest name?
    A. World B. Free
    B. Hot Rod Williams
    C. Campy Russell
    D. Foots Walker
    Spoiler Spoiler:


    Minimally Relevant Video:


    Semi-Relevant Video:


    Eight Points, Nine Seconds Preview:
    A Few with Donahue

    Jackie Wilson said, "Tim's stat sheets knock me off my feet."
    Watch Tim Donahue let it all hang out in his Twitter-lengthed
    preview of tonight's game.



    FIND TIM'S PREVIEW FACT SHEETS AT 8p9s
    There's More than Corn in Indiana...There's Jeremy Cornstock

    Let’s turn back the clock a year – actually a little more than a year
    – to December 12th, 2010. An Eastern Conference basketball team
    is above .500 for the first meaningful time in years and their
    resurgence is being led by an awfully tall young man whose stellar
    play is garnering all sorts of All-Star and Most Improved Player talk.
    He’s averaging 15 points, 8.7 rebounds, 3.2 assists, and 2 blocks per
    game. But he and his team are about to take a handbasket ride to
    Montana’s capital. We are, of course, talking about Roy Hibbert and
    the Indiana Pacers. Over the next 23 games, Hibbert would shoot
    36% while averaging 9.8 points, 7 rebounds, 1.3 assists, and 1.6
    blocks. The team finished this stretch with a 6-17 record and a new
    head coach. Needless to say...CONTINUE READING AT 8p9s


    Cavs: The Blog
    Kevin Hetrick's Building A Winner

    Since the Cavs descended to the NBA’s bottom last year, everyone
    has been thinking about moving back to the top. There are a lot of
    ideas: Accumulate draft picks...don’t get too good, too fast...don’t
    build a losing culture, etc. Every idea has merits, and leaves me
    questioning what moves really build winners in the NBA.

    This month I will be posting a five part series on Building a Winner.
    The posts will look at most of the signature teams of the last 20
    years, looking at the personnel moves that drove their success.
    Obviously there is no one rule for constructing a great team, but
    these posts basically boil down to:
    • There’s no magic associated with picking high in the lottery
      for a few years in a row. Continued trips to the lottery are
      more likely to result in mediocrity, rather than building a
      championship contender.
    • Good teams make the right personnel decisions. It’s really
      that simple. This happens through all sorts of means, but
      the exemplary teams make the most of what they have;
      the lesser teams squander it.

    In Part one, I’ll start by exploring the first bullet.

    Part 1: Why the “OKC plan” is barely a plan

    The Thunder are current NBA darlings; they’re young and exciting
    and poised to be a contender for at least the next half-decade.
    This was accomplished through accumulating draft picks,
    maintaining salary cap flexibility, and pulling off shrewd trades
    using those assets. This post certainly is not intended to downplay
    the brilliance of what OKC has assembled; it’s intended to show
    that the plan rarely works this well.

    The list of solid role players acquired through excellent scouting
    and taking advantage of other team’s cap mismanagement is
    impressive: Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Eric Maynor, Kendrick
    Perkins, Thabo Sefolosha, Daequan Cook; each player occupying
    valuable roles within the OKC system. Still though, the difference
    between the Thunder and any number of 45 win teams is their
    back-to-back-to-back high lottery draft picks: Kevin Durant,
    Russell Westbrook and James Harden. Unfortunately, this is
    where the whole setup fails to be a “plan”...

    CONTINUE READING PART ONE & PART TWO AT CAVS: THE BLOG
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 02-15-2012 at 04:35 PM.
    This is the darkest timeline.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    831

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    I'll have to DVR this game, not because I won't be home, but because if i watch and we lose to the Cavs (after watching last nights monstrosity) I might seriously break something.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll have to DVR this game, not because I won't be home, but because if i watch and we lose to the Cavs (after watching last nights monstrosity) I might seriously break something.
    Hah!

    I have to DVR it too, won't be home till around 1AM. So if I stay up until 4 watching us lose to the Cavs, I too may break something
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  7. #4

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    any updates on Granger's ankle?

  8. #5
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,960

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Not sure the game is no tv for me to DVR.

    I don't mind losing, it's how the Pacrers have lost that has made me angry. We haven't been very competitive. So many mental mistakes, you'd swear we were a bunch of rookies.

    Guys need to get their acts together and blow this pathetic Cavs team out of the water. Double digit victory or it'll be doooooooooooooooooooooooooooom in Pacer-land.

    Last edited by Sparhawk; 02-15-2012 at 04:52 PM.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  9. #6

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    I always used to hate Austin Carrs cockiness when I watched Pacer-Cavs games on League Pass (the video above reminded me).... I'm guessing he's not so cocky now.

  10. #7
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't mind losing, it's how the Pacrers have lost that has made me angry. We haven't been very competitive. So many mental mistakes, you'd swear we were a bunch of rookies.
    I agree 100%

    It's not the losing that bothers me. If we lose to a team who just plays better than us for a night, so be it.

    It's the lack of effort and heart in these last games that's been troublesome.

    We lack the killer instinct that we've been developing early this year.

    I want to see THAT back.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  12. #8

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Can't have a Cleveland game thread without this:


  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:


  14. #9

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Can you say "five straight"?
    Here we come lottery?

  15. #10
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,960

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you say "five straight"?
    I can't.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  17. #11

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't have a Cleveland game thread without this:

    May have to change my spring break plans.

  18. #12
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,630
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Kind of embarrassed that Tim Donahue continues his "Twitter-Length Preview" series, and PGTV!! is off the air for whatever reason I made up. Makes me sad.

    With that said, if we lose tonight, I don't know if I'll be able to handle it. Mentally AND emotionally.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  19. #13
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    StL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,713

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Phillip B Wilson
    #Pacers F Danny Granger made trip to Cleveland and I hear he's in training room. Guessing he will give sprained ankle a try tonight.
    4:42 PM - 15 Feb 12

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:


  21. #14
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,124

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Thumbs up for The Band. In honor of Cleveland's rich musical history, all of my game thread comments will incorporate rock and roll lyrics this evening. Grab your Gibson because this jam Sessions about to start.

  22. #15
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,630
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thumbs up for The Band. In honor of Cleveland's rich musical history, all of my game thread comments will incorporate rock and roll lyrics this evening. Grab your Gibson because this jam Sessions about to start.
    Dude, good luck on that. Keep on rockin' in the free world.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  23. #16
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    StL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,713

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In honor of Cleveland's rich musical history, all of my game thread comments will incorporate rock and roll lyrics this evening. Grab your Gibson because this jam Sessions about to start.
    If you think you'll be able to keep this up, you've got another thing comin'.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:


  25. #17
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,603

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you think you'll be able to keep this up, you've got another thing comin'.

  26. #18
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,195

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you think you'll be able to keep this up, you've got another thing comin'.
    If he's able to, he can have a drink on me.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  27. #19
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,124

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude, good luck on that. Keep on rockin' in the free world.
    Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you think you'll be able to keep this up, you've got another thing comin'.
    I don't know if I can do it, but I want to. I know, I know. You can't always get what you want - but if you try sometimes, well you just might find, you get what you need.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,124

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    I read an article that said Danny Granger won't play, play the game tonight. Can you tell me if it's wrong or right?

  30. #21
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,203

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    There is no excuse for not smashing them. None. Oh, and "Really don't mind if you sit this one out."
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  31. #22
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    16,928

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    The Cavs are a decent team this year that could make a run for the 8th seed. However, we should win this game. There would really be no excuse to lose this after the last few disappointing performances.

    So, let's win. Simple as that.

    Last edited by Nuntius; 02-15-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: typo

  32. #23
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,630
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    Seriously, is it so much to ask for Paul George to channel young Vince Carter? I can't stop watching this video, and wishing Paul had the cajones to play like Vinsanity. He has the length, athleticism, if not moreso, but he doesn't have the killer instinct, first step, court vision, or urge to move around the court like Vince did (and still kinda does).

    If you can say you don't want to see Paul pulling off spectacular moves like the ones below, you deserve to have your head checked. Even if it IS just two points, think about how pumped the team and fans get, while the opponents, well, they just get jumped over (Fred Weis joke).



    More than that, I want the rest of the team to realize that throwing lobs to Paul George on the fast break, whenever he's driving the paint, etc. If Paul can get up as quick as Vince could, and anyone holding the ball can throw it fast enough, Paul can catch defenders off guard, jump into the air quick, and throw it down hard.

    I want success for this team so badly.
    Last edited by imbtyler; 02-15-2012 at 06:36 PM.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  33. #24
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,124

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    I'd like to win as much as the next guy, but let's not underestimate this Cavs team. As we've seen this season, even the losers get lucky sometimes. They keep a little bit of pride, they get lucky sometimes. They should have won the first time we played them. No Varejao will make it harder to replicate that effort though.

  34. #25
    Boom Baby! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,641

    Default Re: 2/15/12 Game Thread #29: Pacers Vs. Cavaliers

    We're going to beat Cleveland pretty handily tonight!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 06:11 PM
  2. Best column I've read on the whole Lebron vs Gilbert feud
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 06:23 PM
  3. 04/13/2009 Guess The Score - Pacers vs. Cavaliers
    By RoboDoug in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 09:35 PM
  4. 03/13/2005 Game Thread: Pacers vs Cavaliers
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-13-2005, 09:51 PM
  5. Cavaliers sign Robert "Tractor" Traylor
    By MSA2CF in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 03:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •