Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36

Thread: Area 55?

  1. #26
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,333

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55?

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We (Area55) were surrounded. I caught a t-shirt and had to walk seven sections over to find a kid in Pacers gear to give it to. The kid I gave it to (in a DG33 jersey) was with his mom and she was wearing a Wade jersey. I told the kid that he had an awesome jersey and no matter what his mom said to keep supporting the Pacers. He was pretty happy.
    I'm about 95% sure I know who exactly who that was. Having known the little dude's mom since we were both in grade school, she's going to encourage him to keep backing the Pacers.

    If it was a kid in a gold DG33 jersey. Otherwise, I have no clue who it was then.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 02-15-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  3. #27

    Default Re: Area 55?

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyHoya View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Opposing fans in opposing gear are obnoxious but we need to ignore them....

    ....We don't need to respond to profanity or dirty gestures with profanity and dirty gestures. Sandy will get those people pitched -- and then we can hoot at them a little.

    We're representatives, guys. We need to remember that.

    If some drunken idiot is causing problems in an adjoining section, just point it out to Sandy. It won't last long after that happens.

    Personally, I'm going to be moving into the higher elevations to meet more of the Rookies....
    Great post. I wish we could hang up a Code of Conduct for anyone entering Sec. 101---for folks in Area 55 that don't look at PD and need the reminder, but also other folks, as it does seem like we get new faces in there frequently, mostly probably by invitation by members, but they may not be appropriately warned by their hosts.

    As always, we newbies up there in the penultimate row encourage all the "lower rowers" to come up and see us some time!

    By the way, gotta give Sandy a lot of credit. She was right there in the trenches keeping order. I kept an eye on her in case she needed me to flag down other ushers or security, but she did a great job and backup was right there. Everyone should consider writing her in as "Best Usher" for a Roy award.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    Member IndyHoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    732

    Default Re: Area 55?

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way, gotta give Sandy a lot of credit. She was right there in the trenches keeping order. I kept an eye on her in case she needed me to flag down other ushers or security, but she did a great job and backup was right there. Everyone should consider writing her in as "Best Usher" for a Roy award.
    Sandy is a mostly unsung heroine. Night in, night out she gets the job done for us. She deserves about 3 ROYs

    "Nobody wants to get cross-wise of Sandy Anderson - NOBODY!" - Frank Vogel

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:


  7. #29
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55?

    Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What happens in A55 stays in A55. Come on sandman whats the first rule about area 55? lol
    Sometimes Duke Can be a little over dramatic about things.
    Yes, because you knew about everything that was going on behind you. Most of your row was too busy cursing out the refs the entire first half to see it.

    I will not deny yelling at the refs myself, but I got to see a lot of what was going on up there.

    Anytime the security guards get called into our section we should be worried about the perception of the group from the other "fans". This time, however, the cops were brought in and they had to work it out.

    We need to spend more time supporting our team than worrying about bandwagon fans. We know they put on their shirts or jerseys once a year then go home and hang 'em up.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 02-16-2012 at 03:44 PM.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:


  9. #30
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55?

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, because you knew about everything that was going on behind you. Most of your row was too busy cursing out the refs the entire first half to see it.

    I will not deny yelling at the refs myself, but I got to see a lot of what was going on up there.

    That's not true. I hate the yelling at the refs stuff. Actually, I'm sure it's annoying how much I complain about a certain someone yelling at the refs. There is one person who yells at the refs the WHOLE game and makes it miserable for the rest of us. She is awful.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  11. #31
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55?

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not true. I hate the yelling at the refs stuff. Actually, I'm sure it's annoying how much I complain about a certain someone yelling at the refs. There is one person who yells at the refs the WHOLE game and makes it miserable for the rest of us. She is awful.
    I can see that. And I understand. I wasn't singling anyone out here which is why I said most, and that includes the boy that came down there. We all know who does it and doesn't.

    We're cool.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:


  13. #32
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55?

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can see that. And I understand. I wasn't singling anyone out here which is why I said most, and that includes the boy that came down there. We all know who does it and doesn't.

    We're cool.

    Happy Birthday, by the way.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  15. #33
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55?

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happy Birthday, by the way.
    Thank you, sir. See you tonight. We don't have to worry about a bunch of other people wearing Net's shirts and stuff. Tonight should be an easier night for the Pacers and all of Area 55.

  16. #34
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55?

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you, sir. See you tonight. We don't have to worry about a bunch of other people wearing Net's shirts and stuff. Tonight should be an easier night for the Pacers and all of Area 55.

    And I agree TOTALLY about the worrying about the game and not the other fans stuff. That's why I posted that earlier in the thread. I think a lot of people are under the impression the fans are showing up (the ones that do) to see us and that is completely not true. It's pretty annoying.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  18. #35
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Area 55?

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I agree TOTALLY about the worrying about the game and not the other fans stuff. That's why I posted that earlier in the thread. I think a lot of people are under the impression the fans are showing up (the ones that do) to see us and that is completely not true. It's pretty annoying.
    Definitely. And I don't want to be totally in the right here, but I like everyone else hates bandwagon fans. It bothers me to no end that there are people like that out there. But like I said I come home and I take off my jersey, and I go to bed in a Pacers shirt and shorts. Those folks coming in Lakers or Heat apparel hang it up and it doesn't get taken out until they're in town again.

    However, winning helps everything. I know you don't mind that I use the Colts as an example, but the local fanbase was anything but supportive until the Super Bowl win.

    This town just needs to see a winner. It'll happen.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:


  20. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,317

    Default Re: Area 55?

    Reading this thread just reminds me to keep your chin up guys/gals. I think you're great ambassadors for the Pacers and for some you really step up to the next level. The stories of handing items to the kids (include BillS in this) is fantastic. In addition to that I've witnessed AREA 55 folks just in the regular concourse going to the game pointing out people they don't know and giving a thumbs up or shout out for being a fan. People like that acknowledgement since you are seen on tv all the time. Can't beat that community feeling and something that was so lacking at the fieldhouse. Frankly the only place you could get that before was right here on PD.

    Kudos once again to the members of AREA 55!!!!!!
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-31-2011, 11:33 PM
  2. Start Your Engines! It?s the Pistons!
    By RoboHicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-25-2011, 07:32 PM
  3. A Sojourn in Milwaukee and Now the Heat!
    By RoboHicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 11:54 AM
  4. Area 55 Newsletter for Grizzlies @ Pacers 12/26/10
    By RoboHicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-25-2010, 01:05 PM
  5. area 55
    By kielbeze in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 10-17-2010, 04:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •