Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Odd Thoughts: Can't stand the Heat

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Can't stand the Heat

Injury report for tonight's game:

Injury report:
    Cavs — Anderson Varejao (wrist) out, Anthony Parker (back) out
    Pacers — Jeff Foster (back) questionable, Danny Granger (ankle) doubtful, George Hill (ankle) out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Injury report for tonight's game:

Injury report:
    Cavs Anderson Varejao (wrist) out, Anthony Parker (back) out
    Pacers Jeff Foster (back) questionable, Danny Granger (ankle) doubtful, George Hill (ankle) out.
    Foster will not be playing the second game of back to backs. Although it would not surprise me if he dresses, I don't expect to see him until Thursday vs. the Nets at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I have to start wondering about four things:

1) Are many of our players just mentally weak?
    2) Did something happen with our locker room chemistry?
    3) Is this the coaching staff?
    4) Is it mostly just '**** happens' and nothing big actually happened to cause these changes?

I'm not the quickest to point to number one, and I don't believe in going there just because players have bad games, but when there's just not much sense of fight, I start to wonder more.
    Start wondering? Paul George is so mentally weak its so obvious to other teams, especially the good ones. He might be the softest player in the league cause of it. Have you not noticed how he never has a good game against teams with stars that he idolizes? Its sad and pathetic and I don't see what most do on this site about him becoming this superstar. He looks great in spurts but he just doesn't have that mentality in him, he plays soft and it shows. Trade him for Greg Monroe Larry! Twin Towers of new.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    Start wondering? Paul George is so mentally weak its so obvious to other teams, especially the good ones. He might be the softest player in the league cause of it. Have you not noticed how he never has a good game against teams with stars that he idolizes? Its sad and pathetic and I don't see what most do on this site about him becoming this superstar. He looks great in spurts but he just doesn't have that mentality in him, he plays soft and it shows. Trade him for Greg Monroe Larry! Twin Towers of new.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    It's clear he's not a fan of Lance or Tyler. I wouldn't take his posts regarding them too seriously.
    So because a poster criticizes a player for things they do poorly on the court, we shouldn't take their posts seriously?

Glad we got that cleared up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    So a young team with less experience didn't see any negative effects from the lockout?

I can see clearly now the rain is gone.
    Why did people think teams like ours would have an advantage to start the season?

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Which of our players being out does it take for us to be considered to be "missing players"? Are we considered to be "struggling at the time" or since it is the Pacers is it "we've lost 4 in a row so we must really suck and were faking all those wins"?

It's like every win we've had the other team has an excuse, and every loss we've had there is no circumstance whatsoever to explain it other than suckage. Come on, now.

We're a 45-50 win team in an 82-game season. That translates to 36-40 games out of 66. We're almost halfway there having played nearly all our away games AND still with 38 games left to play. If we go .500 the rest of the way we're within expectations.

Note - that means if we lose half our remaining games, we'll still be within expectations. That means that if we have a 3-4 game losing streak for every 3-4 game winning streak we'll still be within expectations.
    I didn't say we suck. What I said (and what vnzla said) was that the older teams have found their legs and got back some key pieces. I'm interested to see how we stack up now as opposed to then.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Actually Sam Amico (Cavs. beat writer) is saying Danny is out tonight.
    Did they say why? Anyone know what's wrong with the ankle?

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    So because a poster criticizes a player for things they do poorly on the court, we shouldn't take their posts seriously?
    Glad we got that cleared up.
    Here's able's post from a couple days ago....

The look in Lance's eyes has me worried more then anything, his reactions and his actions makes me fear there is something fundamentally wrong with him, which has nothing to do with his basketball skills. but if you look at his reaction on Granger hitting the 3 with under 1 minute to bring us within 3, and no not the howling, but the look in his eyes after that, shiver.

He continually bashes TY too. Not saying they don't deserve criticism, but the above post tells me not to take his opinions too seriously.
    Last edited by CJ Jones; 02-15-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Actually Sam Amico (Cavs. beat writer) is saying Danny is out tonight.

Varejao is out for Cleveland, so both teams have important players out tonight. Which teams "other" players are going to step up tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Foster will not be playing the second game of back to backs. Although it would not surprise me if he dresses, I don't expect to see him until Thursday vs. the Nets at home.

I almost want to throw a party when I see Foster dressed as it so infrequently happens.

Recently, Bird said, IIRC in an interview, that if the Pacers didn't win XX amount of games this season he should be fired. I didn't pay any attention, b/c I couldn't see this team winning less than what ever the amount of games he quoted. Just interested in what was the least amount of games he, as the FO, felt the Pacers should win. Does anyone recall the # of games he said?

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Recently, Bird said, IIRC in an interview, that if the Pacers didn't win XX amount of games this season he should be fired. I didn't pay any attention, b/c I couldn't see this team winning less than what ever the amount of games he quoted. Just interested in what was the least amount of games he, as the FO, felt the Pacers should win. Does anyone recall the # of games he said?
    He actually said "If we don't make the playoffs they should fire me." He went on to say he told the owner that the Pacers should win between 34 - 38 games this year.

http://www.sportsgulp.net/?p=6307

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    He actually said "If we don't make the playoffs they should fire me." He went on to say he told the owner that the Pacers should win between 34 - 38 games this year.

http://www.sportsgulp.net/?p=6307

Well, the Pacers are half way to the minimum 34 win he told Herb. 33 games is half the season and the Pacers have played played 28 games so another 5 games with an easier schedule should produce, hopefully, more wins to make Bird's prediction on target.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

There is another option IMO as well.

5) Other teams have adjusted to our early season style of play.

Unless of course you just mean tonights game. Then in that case I think it is a combination of 1 & 4. We just can't play the Heat. It is down right embarassing playing the Heat and I think Danny get's mentally affected playing against LeBron.

But really, your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea what is going on here.
    I definitely think the book on the Pacers is out now and other teams are taking them out of their comfort zone. They definitely miss Hill but teams are pushing them and they aren't responding well.

However, if you look around the league almost every team has had a losing streak of at least 3 games. Even the Heat had a rough stretch of games in January. I think the compacted nature of the shortened season is playing a major factor mainly because of the lack of practice and preparation time.

I think they'll right the ship and adjust but before the season began I predicted a 36-30 season and I didn't get sucked into the hype so I'm not too surprised right now.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Pekovic would even be better. It will never happen, but it WOULD be better.

Koufos last night as a starter... 9 pts... 9 rebs... 5 stl... 3 bs
    Yeah but we cannot afford Peko. Koufos is significantly cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    I definitely think the book on the Pacers is out now and other teams are taking them out of their comfort zone. They definitely miss Hill but teams are pushing them and they aren't responding well.

However, if you look around the league almost every team has had a losing streak of at least 3 games. Even the Heat had a rough stretch of games in January. I think the compacted nature of the shortened season is playing a major factor mainly because of the lack of practice and preparation time.

I think they'll right the ship and adjust but before the season began I predicted a 36-30 season and I didn't get sucked into the hype so I'm not too surprised right now.
    I don't agree.

It's not like we're playing the same style and losing. We're playing a different way. There's no "toughness" no aggression, and barely any defense.

That's not something another team can stop the Pacers from doing. They're doing it themselves.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    Criticizing a player is fine. But when a large percentage of your posts involve bashing said player and/or involving him in trades then it's quite safe to say that said poster is not to be taken too seriously in his posts regarding said player. He may be an amazing poster in general but not when it comes to the particular player.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    Anybody else see the irony in a guy named 'Hibbert' calling out guys for being mentally weak?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

19. The Following User Says Thank You to OakMoses For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Explain. Try doing so using sentences.