Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Miami/Washington Generals postgame thread.

Default Re: Miami/Washington Generals postgame thread.

Well Pacers didn't do themselves any favors for future attendance. I can't believe they would put up such a craptacular performance.

Not enough looks for Roy or West early on. They need to establish the low post every game.

I thought Danny made a great play on the ball when he was whistled on Lebron in the first qtr. I don't know how the refs could call that a shooting foul, he never went into a shooting motion. Not to mention the 3rd quarter Travel on the fast break. How does the ref not see those steps? Hell Quinn Buckner didn't even see it. (Watching the replay now.)
    How about Norris Cole pulling down on Hansbrough's jersey after his shot was blocked to fake a foul call. Terrible Officiating. Its very hard to beat the Miami Heat when you have 3 officials suffering from Heat stroke. I'm surprised Tyler didn't spit in Coles face while he was on the ground.

I think they should go out and sign JR Smith pronto. We need a proven offensive threat. Maybe that will allow the rest of our team to refocus on D and not focus so much on Offense.

Also I can't wait for Haywoode's Pacemate photos from tonight, they had those sexy black cabaret outfits on.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 02-14-2012 at 11:49 PM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I thought Danny made a great play on the ball when he was whistled on Lebron in the first qtr. I don't know how the refs could call that a shooting foul, he never went into a shooting motion. Not to mention the 3rd quarter Travel on the fast break. How does the ref not see those steps? Hell Quinn Buckner didn't even see it. (Watching the replay now.)
    How about Norris Cole pulling down on Hansbrough's jersey after his shot was blocked to fake a foul call. Terrible Officiating. Its very hard to beat the Miami Heat when you have 3 officials suffering from Heat stroke. I'm surprised Tyler didn't spit in Coles face while he was on the ground.
    8 on 5, what do you expect? Funny how the officiating seemed to get more even after the Big 3 were sat down for the night.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo

So, if we bounce back and win the next 5 games all the guys that are ready to blow it up now will start hoping on the bandwagon again?

Guys, let's be real. Yes, the performance was disheartening. Yes, our starters played bad. But don't go overboard. We were playing versus the Heat. One of the best teams in the NBA and also one of the teams that we do not match up well against. A loss was the most probable outcome.

I don't know if some of you had overrated our team. I stand by my original expectations of 3rd to 6th seed.

Of course, if I see us dropping any games in the next 5 I may start panicking as well. There's no need to do this yet, though. We lost to the Heat not to the Wizards.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

What did we do to **** off Miami?

I'd love to see the post game locker room atmosphere. They all better be on the floor unable to get up, because if I saw one ounce of energy, there'd be a lot of windsprints tonight.

Well Pacers didn't do themselves any favors for future attendance. I can't believe they would put up such a craptacular performance.

Not enough looks for Roy or West early on. They need to establish the low post every game.

I think they should go out and sign JR Smith pronto. We need a proven offensive threat. Maybe that will allow the rest of our team to refocus on D and not focus so much on Offense.

Also I can't wait for Haywoode's Pacemate photos from tonight, they had those sexy black cabaret outfits on.
    What I always find odd: regarding that first shooting foul called on Granger, you're absolutely right. Anyone could see that. But Quinn refuses to call a spade a spade there. He does this weird thing where he justifies bad calls against the Pacers, as if he needs to in order to strengthen his objectivity.

I don't get it. He's not contracted to the NBA. I get when BTN guys excuse bad officiating. I don't get when Quinn does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    What I always find odd: regarding that first shooting foul called on Granger, you're absolutely right. Anyone could see that. But Quinn refuses to call a spade a spade there. He does this weird thing where he justifies bad calls against the Pacers, as if he needs to in order to strengthen his objectivity.
    David Stern's reach is far......

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Scott Agness @ScottAgness
    After the game, both teams flew to Cleveland and staying in the SAME hotel. Pacers play 2mor, Heat Fri. Very rare to cross paths like that.

Someone please make sure Lance and Juwan Howard stay on separate floors at all times.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Banned

On the four game skid.....

29-for-47 61.7% for David West
    3-for-5 60.0% for Lou Amundson
    12-for-24 50.0% for Tyler Hansbrough
    2-for-4 50.0% for Jeff Foster
    11-for-24 45.8% for A.J. Price
    15-for-33 45.4% for Darren Collison
    8-for-18 44.4% for Dahntay Jones
    23-for-54 42.6% for Danny Granger
    16-for-40 40.0% for Roy Hibbert
    6-for-17 35.3% for Lance Stephenson
    13-for-42 30.9% for Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post

I don't get it. He's not contracted to the NBA. I get when BTN guys excuse bad officiating. I don't get when Quinn does it.
    RIght I believe his words were "Well normally the officials aren't going to let you get away with that"

I thought....what, play defense on Lebron James and get a clean poke at the ball?

BUt you are right, he does it all the time, he justifies a bad call by the officials.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/notebook/_/page/heatreaction-120214/miami-heat-indiana-pacers

Defense
    GRADE: A
    The West All-Stars would have trouble scoring against the Heat with the way Spoelstra has them playing. The Pacers struggled to find an ounce of breathing room in the half court as the Heat showed no signs of fatigue in their third straight game. When teams are tired, the defense is usually the first thing to fall. Not so with Miami.

Indiana Pacers
    GRADE: F
    No excuses for the effort level, considering they enjoyed two days of rest and the Heat have had zilch since Sunday. Miami's defense might have been suffocating at times, but the Pacers' struggles were often self-inflicted. The Pacers now have lost by a total of 63 points in just two games against the Heat this season.
    I agree on this .

Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    On the four game skid.....

29-for-47 61.7% for David West
    3-for-5 60.0% for Lou Amundson
    12-for-24 50.0% for Tyler Hansbrough
    2-for-4 50.0% for Jeff Foster
    11-for-24 45.8% for A.J. Price
    15-for-33 45.4% for Darren Collison
    8-for-18 44.4% for Dahntay Jones
    23-for-54 42.6% for Danny Granger
    16-for-40 40.0% for Roy Hibbert
    6-for-17 35.3% for Lance Stephenson
    13-for-42 30.9% for Paul George

So Roy and Paul are the reason we suck?

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    i can tell u this....were not as good as everyone thought...we even here on PD overrated our team way to much
    PD overrate the Pacers and their players? Never...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=graphic-er;1373958]
    I think they should go out and sign JR Smith pronto. We need a proven offensive threat./QUOTE]

Lets not get carried away and make a move to bring in a problem player in hopes they will be the savior. The last savior the 2 headed monster brought in lasted a half season and wasn't happy being here. Harrington wasn't the answer then, and neither is JR Smith now.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

So Roy and Paul are the reason we suck?
    no its because we started running the "why waste any energy lets let them score as quickly as possible so we can get back on offense" defense.

RLeWorm

ahahaha just got home and saw the title of the thread. Funny as hell lol ahahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    So, if we bounce back and win the next 5 games all the guys that are ready to blow it up now will start hoping on the bandwagon again?

Guys, let's be real. Yes, the performance was disheartening. Yes, our starters played bad. But don't go overboard. We were playing versus the Heat. One of the best teams in the NBA and also one of the teams that we do not match up well against. A loss was the most probable outcome.

I don't know if some of you had overrated our team. I stand by my original expectations of 3rd to 6th seed.

Of course, if I see us dropping any games in the next 5 I may start panicking as well. There's no need to do this yet, though. We lost to the Heat not to the Wizards.

BUT it's how they are losing that is the problem. They have quit playing the way that gave them success in the 1st place. SMASHMOUTH BB!!!!!!!!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    BUT it's how they are losing that is the problem. They have quit playing the way that gave them success in the 1st place. SMASHMOUTH BB!!!!!!!!
    But lets simply over look all that, did you see them wining at the start of the season!? Love people who cant see the forest for the trees.

RLeWorm

do you know how bad this loss is?
    1. Heat is playing their 3rd game of a 3 game in 3 night. So we should have the advantage off the bat.
    2. We got a 2 day break.
    3. The Heat was running and we couldn't keep up. Sad? Very sad. What happened to the "young legs"?
    4. We got our u know what kicked.
    5. It became so bad Granger faked a Ankle injury so he didn't have to get embarrassed anymore.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to RLeWorm For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not jumpin ship, nor do I think we're as bad as it's looked the last few games. We hit a tough stretch and were in most of those games, just came up on wrong end. Miami was a blow-out, but all their games in the past week have been blow-outs, they are riding a massive high right now, and Indy just happened to not show up for it.

They need to get back to their roots of smash-mouth basketball, rebounding, playing tough D. They've gotten away from it.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Banned

We lost to the Heat I get people saying that, but we were at home rested while they are finishing up a 5 game road trip playing for the 4th time in 5 days and the 3rd day in a row. Despite that we got ran out the gym down by 35 in the 4th before they called off the dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    But lets simply over look all that, did you see them wining at the start of the season!? Love people who cant see the forest for the trees.
    Yes, I did, and they were winning by playing SMASHMOUTH BB while shooting in the high 30 %. They are NOT playing smashmouth BB now and are losing. They aren't doing that now, and they aren't winning. It's pretty obvious if one wants to take their blinders off.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

As Pacer fans we're all confused and feeling lost right now... But can you imagine how Roy's agent is feeling right now??? That extension probably isn't looking so bad to him right now....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Yes, I did, and they were winning by playing SMASHMOUTH BB while shooting in the high 30 %. They are NOT playing smashmouth BB now and are losing. They aren't doing that now, and they aren't winning. It's pretty obvious if one wants to take their blinders off.
    pst I was agreeing with ya.

We needed a butt kicking last time to get it together, maybe they need one this time.

I agree, teams have ups and downs. This team is young, it's going to have even more of them. They don't suck, they just have some players playing poorly.

I agree on the defensive end. We need to stop running, slow the game down, play some solid defense (It's not only lazy, but people are getting confused, and royally stinking on team defense) All fixable stuff.

They'll get themselves together. We knew a down spell was coming. And it's right now.

It could be worse. O'Brien could still be your coach and I could be making insufferable posts.

All is not lost. The team could be falling back to the mean, but still, it's been a great ride so far, we shouldn't let that ruin the tone. Remember, last year we were happy just making the playoffs.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to flox For This Useful Post: