Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Miami/Washington Generals postgame thread.

Banned

Default Re: Miami/Washington Generals postgame thread.

We have enough scoring depth that we can beat up on bad teams and will beat some of the good teams here and there when we have someone go off but we're not a good "team". We're not going see the second round until we figure out some roles and get away from whatever this offense is we're attempting to run and get back to the game we played to start the year.

When Frank had the big change the offense practice we had a 9-3 record with one of the losses without Danny, Hill and Tyler for the 4th on the road. Since that change we're 8-8 giving up way more PPG.

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

I think the Washington Generals would be offended by this thread...

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Also, if there is any good in this.. look at Miami's recent games... they are DESTROYING ppl, just like tonight. We aren't near the first victims and won't be the last. They are hella good.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ownagedood For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Having said that, let's slow the roll on "blow it up". Things were easily this bad when Gnome (with me joining for DAL/HOU) did the OKC/DAL/HOU set of games last year, remember.

We were all hyped about the change to Vogel and how the team responded, and for our efforts and money we got to see by far the worst stretch of 3 games by the Vogel Pacers so far (including this 4 game run). But then a month or so later there they were playing the Bulls tough in the playoffs.

Maybe this is something that just goes though them for some reason. You've got to give them more than 2 days to shake it off.

Two days from now all the hyper-travel and tough games start to die off. Let's give them a chance to recover first before jumping off the wagon.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 02-14-2012 at 10:08 PM.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

It can be analyzed to death, but I think the answer is pretty simple and some guys have hit the nail on the head in this thread:

We stopped focusing on defense and started focusing on offense.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Isaac For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just a hunch here, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Refs...hmmm
    Did they also play in the last 5 games against us? Norris freaking Cole dropped 20 on 8 of 12.

Brains of the Operation.

Am I the only one that thinks that D.C.'s defense is **** poor?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to littlerichard54 For This Useful Post:

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gutless. Feckless. No effort. No energy. George Hill doesn't fix this. Granger's ankle doesn't fix this.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    It can be analyzed to death, but I think the answer is pretty simple and some guys have hit the nail on the head in this thread:

When have we ever focus on offense? we are one of the worst offensive teams in the NBA for a reason.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    I beg your pardon?

The Heat scored right around their average, not particularly an indication of a Pacer defensive debacle.

The Pacers shot what, like 26% in the 1st quarter? If that is focusing on offense I'm a 7' center from Georgetown.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Having said that, let's slow the roll on "blow it up". Things were easily this bad when Gnome (with me joining for DAL/HOU) did the OKC/DAL/HOU set of games last year, remember.

We were all hyped about the change to Vogel and how the team responded, and for our efforts and money we got to see by far the worst stretch of 3 games by the Vogel Pacers so far (including this 4 game run). But then a month or so later there they were playing the Bulls tough in the playoffs.

Maybe this is something that just goes though them for some reason. You've got to give them more than 2 days to shake it off.

Two days from now all the hyper-travel and tough games start to die off. Let's give them a chance to recover first before jumping off the wagon.
    I'm not jumping off the wagon but as Larry said last week "we have a lot of work to do"

Mood

Sports Logo

We were all hyped about the change to Vogel and how the team responded, and for our efforts and money we got to see by far the 3 worst stretch of games by the Vogel Pacers so far (including this 4 game run). But then a month or so later there they were playing the Bulls tough in the playoffs.

I'm not jumping off any wagon, nor will I ever. The problem is, I know we can kill it, and I know we can give teams like the Heat and Bulls runs for their respective moneys, but we need to pull out of this. At this point, we need that one-wish-per-season miracle; like Paul George instantly maturing in his big moment of Granger-replacing glory, and taking over the next few games; or Hibbert suddenly putting up 20/15 games until the All-Star break; or even Lancelot pulling his own style of Lansanity and proving that Bird knows what he's talking about.

The good thing about this Heat game is that we just played (and yet, lost miserably to) the strongest, most athletic, most talented, and hardest team we'll have to play before the All-Star break. A nice five-game win streak leading up to it would be nice, especially because the second half of this season starts out rougher than sandpapered butt cheek: Warriors, Hornets (not so bad), Bulls, Hawks, Heat, Magic, Blazers, Sixers, Knicks twice, and Clippers; and all but the last three are before the trade deadline, so there's a chance our roster won't change until we're already 1-7 after the All-Star break.

I know we can do better than this, and this stretch of games should be relatively easy, even perhaps without our leading scorer in Granger. We just need a miracle.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Wow, where to begin. The casual fans are all done with the Pacers, only us die hards will remain.

Full house against the heat and we played like scared little girls. I am embarassed as a fan. I have never seen a game decided in the first five minutes.

The refs were absolutely absurd, but that did not affect the outcome at all.

I took a large group of my family to this game, to say I was embarrassed would be an understatement. I dropped close to a G on the pacers between Denver and Mia games. I'd have been better off taking it to a roulette table. I'm taking a break from this team for a while, hope they prove me wrong....but unless we make roster changes, we are a 8th seed team that got lucky during a lockout season.
    Last edited by Jon Theodore; 02-14-2012 at 10:31 PM.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Theodore For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    Wow, where to begin. The casual fans are all done with the Pacers, only us die hards will remain.

Full house against the heat and we played like scared little girls. I am embarassed as a fan. I have never seen a game decided in the first five minutes.

I took a large group of my family to this game, to say I was embarrassed would be an understatement. I dropped close to a G on the pacers between Denver and Mia games. I'd have been better off taking it to a roulette table. I'm taking a break from this team for a while, hope they prove me wrong.... but unless we make roster changes, we are a 8th seed team that got lucky during a lockout season.
    I hope they prove you wrong, too. The last thing they need is to lose our support under adversity. I understand your situation; spending that much money, and sacrificing that much, just for a team to disappoint and embarrass you is heartbreaking. But don't give up yet. We're going to need your fanship in the next two games.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post

I took a large group of my family to this game, to say I was embarrassed would be an understatement. I dropped close to a G on the pacers between Denver and Mia games. I'd have been better off taking it to a roulette table. I'm taking a break from this team for a while, hope they prove me wrong....bu unless we make roster changes, we are a 8th seed team that got lucky during a lockout season.

They got me to for close to 500 with the first Miami debacle. Ill suck up what I paid to get NBA league pass but I don't see me going to another game unless I see some drastic changes.

I think we can put to rest the fear of "messing with our chemistry" by adding more players. We NEED some new blood our current roster is not getting it done.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    The Heat scored right around their average
    They had 95 on the board with 10+ left to go and called off the dogs and scored just 10 points the final 10:23 of the game.

Mood

muahaha, the pessimists shall rise to power again

"we told you so"

28. The Following User Says Thank You to crunk-juice For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    muahaha, the pessimists shall rise to power again

"we told you so"
    No, Reality is looking very Real, unfortunately!

Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    They had 95 on the board with 10+ left to go and called off the dogs and scored just 10 points the final 10:23 of the game.
    I was going to post the same thing. We played horrible defense. Heat could have won by 40 if they wanted to.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

I agree with the Dr. Hibbert... we looked like a poorly coached team tonight. Actually, we've been out coached a lot lately. How did LeBron know every play we were running? He was calling our plays out before we even started em. They switched everything, and we had no clue what to do. Frustrating...

More cry here

Hate to lose like that, but I must say it was a pleasure to watch the King do his thing.

Miami is a great team.
    BUILT, NOT BOUGHT

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Smith For This Useful Post:

I feel like the lack of designated roles for each player is really starting to hurt this team. We seem to have zero cohesion or strategy on both offense and defense at times. It's nice that everyone can do a lil bit of everything, but these players need to know their role on the team, and concentrate on doing that well.

I feel like Most teams (especially good/great teams) have clearly defined roles for their rotational players. They know who're the focal points offensively, what is the strategy defensively, who's job is it to do the dirty work, etc. We dont seem to know any of those things whatsoever. We just run the same crappy p/r w/ DC, while spending the first 7 mins figuring out who has the hot hand. Meanwhile if nobody is hot, we are suddenly down by 6-8 (or 15 against MIA)

I know this is a lockout, shortened season but these are still pros

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Look at the bright side, evidentally Juwan Howard heard my really bad old person jokes from Area55, because he started melting down almost immediately afterwords. Me asking him how the game was played with the peach baskets was evidentally the final straw.....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

And Hibbert since the AS announcement...it's like a curse or something, it's dramatic how wildly his fortunes have changed.

It's like I'm an Allstar now, so no need to play as I was b4 I became an Allstar. Just give me the max contract now.

The Hibbert vs Gasol thread should be revived.