Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Miami/Washington Generals postgame thread.

Banned

Default Miami/Washington Generals postgame thread.

Last edited by vnzla81; 02-14-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Default Re: Miami/Washington Generals postgame thread.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

i can tell u this....were not as good as everyone thought...we even here on PD overrated our team way to much

Mood

Sports Logo

Granger sprained his ankle? Awesome.

[/green]

All right, "King" George. Prove me right and show that you can run that SF spot, and the team, tomorrow night against Cleveland.

I'm so worried.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    i can tell u this....were not as good as everyone thought...we even here on PD overrated our team way to much
    You think? nah.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    Well they were winning against teams in this range until a few days ago. Then all of the sudden we have a total nosedive.

How do you go from a road heavy schedule against many good opponents where you never lose back to back games, to losing 4 in a row where you are at home most of the time.

I would have rated them terrible if they had been doing this all along. I know they lost Hill, but the starters have been taking their lumps too. And Hibbert since the AS announcement...it's like a curse or something, it's dramatic how wildly his fortunes have changed.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

105-90 is a lie of what the game truly was!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Pass That

The true leaders on this team need to show themselves now. If the team spirals downward like last year I say we need to start thinking about making a few major moves.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrPreGame For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

By the way, if this game doesn't prove that we need a better back-up PG and C, then I don't know how else to prove it. Juice and Feisty Foster can not do this job sufficiently, compared to what we can get (yet won't).

At this point, depending on Granger's sprain, I suggest we honestly look into JR Smith and/or Wilson Chandler, if we can. I would go into prospects from Orlando/Minnesota to appease the Pritchard rumors, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

I am seriously worried about this team now. We have to adjust, and we have to do it now. This Granger injury should be a wake-up call to Bird to stop sitting on his *** and make something happen very soon to prevent a bloodbath.

Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:

Mood

Lebron was a beast...Pacers never had a chance!

Pacers have had obvious weaknesses all year and most people chose to ignore them. Now other teams are exposing them. Roy Hibbert should give back his all star invite. He never was all star material and never will be. He is just a pretty good center in a league where there aren't too many. He should be embarrassed tonight. Granger goes out with what looked like a minor sprain and doesn't return. What ever happened to taping it up and playing. You got to be more competitive than that. I suspect he didn't want to be embarrassed. This team doesn't need another role player it needs a true star and a real leader who won't settle for efforts like this. Another full house and they were treated to terrible effort. People will wonder why we don't fill the arena after efforts like this, are you kidding me. Their 3rd game on the road in 3 nights while we have been home waiting for 2 days and they have all the fight and energy, it says something about the true character of our team.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Lebron was a beast...Pacers never had a chance!

[/green]

I'm just kidding, I'm just kidding. LeBronze really did what he did tonight. As did a lot of our guys, in a bad way. If we play even remotely similar to this tomorrow night, with or without Granger or Hill, then Bird better blow this ***** up before I do. If we don't come out tomorrow night and prove we deserve to be where we are, then we need some major changes in some department. This is getting embarrassing. Where did our Pacers go?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:

I really REALLY want to know why we decided to stop playing defense.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

This team is smash mouth. Only thing, it's our mouth that's getting smashed.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    I'm just kidding, I'm just kidding. LeBronze really did what he did tonight. As did a lot of our guys, in a bad way. If we play even remotely similar to this tomorrow night, with or without Granger or Hill, then Bird better blow this ***** up before I do. If we don't come out tomorrow night and prove we deserve to be where we are, then we need some major changes in some department. This is getting embarrassing. Where did our Pacers go?
    It is the Cavs, even if Pacers beat them by double digits, doesn't prove a whole lot. However, if Pacers lose, it will prove a whole lot!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    105-90 is a lie of what the game truly was!
    "Game" is a lie of what that truly was.

Crime stats in the BLF area just went through the roof after that "event" got recorded into the books. Not only did 10-12 men just get killed, but several dreams were also murdered. It's Nightmare on Elm St and James is playing Freddie (to paraphrase N Minaj)
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 02-14-2012 at 10:00 PM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Atleast this game brought our attendance numbers up.... but maybe brought it down for future games.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    I really REALLY want to know why we decided to stop playing defense.
    Just a hunch here, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Refs...hmmm

Sports Logo

We lost the game before Granger went down...so no excuses...we just aren't that good now.

[rant]

I will continue to say this until Bird and the FO does something about it....I still don't think that we have any of the necessary depth to truly compete against any Team that we will likely face in the Playoffs. Before any of you suggest that I need to take a :.....our defense and defense has been very inconsistent since the Mavs game. Every Team has stretches during a game where parts or ALL of the Starting lineup struggles. Prior to GH going down.....our 2nd unit was able to step up when the Starting lineup couldn't get it going. Missing GH is part of the reason why we aren't doing good....but an inconsistent Starting lineup and 2nd unit ( as of late ) isn't helping our cause at all. With GH down...it forces Vogel to mix and match the lineups while forcing him to play more of the Starters way more minutes than he should. The end-result is what we have seen over the last 5 games where we went 1-4. This doesn't mean that I think the return of GH will get us back into the way that we have played prior to him going down. It will certainly help because it will return the Team to some normalcy...but the problem will remain where I do not think that we have enough consistent production from the 2nd Unit to truly compete in the Playoffs ( unless we get lucky ). To be clear, I'm not putting ALL of the blame any individual on the roster....how poorly we have played is a result of the Starting Unit not playing up to par while showing that our 2nd unit isn't as good as we wanted to believe. Think about this....if the Team is only as good as GH being in the lineup....how strong is the proverbial "Chain" when the entire lineup falls apart when one of the Players goes down? I really hope that this is something that the FO recognizes and addresses before the Trade deadline.

[/rant]

Before our recent "rough patch", I believed that we were capable of beating ANY Team ( or at least force them to really "earn their win" ). But given what we have seen over the last couple of games, I now believe that we are back at where we were at the end of last season....a Playoff Bubble Team that plays inconsistently on the offensive and defensive end that won't likely make it past the 1st round of the Playoffs.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    Pacers have had obvious weaknesses all year and most people chose to ignore them. Now other teams are exposing them. Roy Hibbert should give back his all star invite. He never was all star material and never will be. He is just a pretty good center in a league where there aren't too many. He should be embarrassed tonight. Granger goes out with what looked like a minor sprain and doesn't return. What ever happened to taping it up and playing. You got to be more competitive than that. I suspect he didn't want to be embarrassed. This team doesn't need another role player it needs a true star and a real leader who won't settle for efforts like this. Another full house and they were treated to terrible effort. People will wonder why we don't fill the arena after efforts like this, are you kidding me. Their 3rd game on the road in 3 nights while we have been home waiting for 2 days and they have all the fight and energy, it says something about the true character of our team.

The effort has been simply pathetic, no fight just fumbling through the motions waiting for the 4th Q to end. Its time for Frank to earn his paycheck and right the ship.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:

Yeah, to say that was tough game to watch, would be an understatement. But the best part was when Juan Howard fouled Lance hard late in the game and got a tech, then got thrown out of the game with the 2nd one. At least there was a little fire there, wish we had shown some earlier. The first qtr was a nightmare to say the least. Beginning to feel like this could spiral, we have to come out tomorrow and beat Cleveland!
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

If a loss like this can't get the team to show some pride and play hard I don't know what will. It gets so old tuning in every game and not knowing which Pacer team will show up from an effort standpoint. Where did our D go? Vogel needs to show this game tape to the team before every game. Not to embarrass them but to show them how to play D. Miami put on a clinic tonight on how to play D. EVERYBODY helps everybody else out on the defensive side. I really do think that quick start and good record went to the team's head. Maybe if they get stomped enough now they will wake up.

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    I hated "thanking" this post, but most of it is true. I think Early Season Hibbert deserved his All-Star invitation over any other center in the East, but he's not showing he deserves it now. I don't want to believe that Granger pussied out, but it wouldn't totally surprise me. He's definitely not our leader, nor our star, nor has he truly earned it. West, Hill, and Hibbert lead more than he does, and George is going into that role fine, thanks to his character. But Granger just doesn't have it in him. It's been said dozens and dozens of times: he's the Pippen, not the Jordan.

Tonight was absolutely disappointing. Giving up nearly 30 at some point. Losing our leading scorer to a sprain. Fighting back to within 15 by the time the game ends with Juice, Lancelot, Inferno, Lou, and Papa Smurf on the court? What kind of bizarro world is this? Where are the Pacers of lore? The ones who were going to save us from terrors of adversity? Where are they and where have they been?

They better have gotten their flight home rerouted to Cleveland a little early. Because if we don't show up at 120%, there won't be any compensation for the loss of Hill and Granger.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

For those of you that were able to watch it and suffered thru it all... I was out all night at a meeting..

What the heck happened?? They are good, but man.. disheartening to see we were getting DESTROYED at home by Miami again. Down 29 at the half?? Tho they ARE the most talented team in the league.. ouch.

Also what happened to granger if 1st quarter?

Honestly, a lot of this falls on Vogel too, guys, whether we want to admit it or not. Yeah, Hibbert/Granger/Paul George/DC/virtually everyone deserves blame. But this is a dumb basketball team. This is a soft basketball team. This is not, at the present time, a well-coached basketball team.

Vogel has just as much to answer for as these players. Enough of the "gee, shucks, we'll get to work and get 'em next time" routine. This where Vogel needs to make a stand and let it be known that this soft, stupid brand of basketball will not be tolerated.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post: