Thread: ESPN.com interview with Ron

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

RA231

Default Re: ESPN.com interview with Ron

That explains a lot. It really does. I dont know what to think of him though.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

tick

tick

tick

tick

tick

tick

tick

tick

tick

tick

tick
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Well, at least it doesn't seem like he was upset about not getting enough touches.

Of course he's got a ton of other problems...

IndyToad
    Old and bold?

Yeah, he sounds more and more like the Ricky Williams of the NBA.

And worst of all, it seems that he and J.O. don't get along too well. The comment about not having to like the guy off the court to play well on the court pretty much verifies it. Sounds like Shaq and Kobe to a less publicized extent....sigh.......

There were some good things

ESPN.com: There have also been suggestions that you and Jermaine O'Neal aren't getting along so well. What's your relationship like?

Artest: Everybody in the NBA, you don't have to be talking (off the court) to go out there and do a job. Jermaine is the MVP of our team. He should have been MVP (of the league) last year. It's a good fit between us on the court. It's perfect, along with Stephen Jackson. Stephen Jackson could easily be an All-Star this year. I'll give up my All-Star spot for Stephen Jackson.
    and some bad things

ESPN.com: Do you understand why the Pacers don't want to let you take a month off?

Artest: I agree with them. They depend on me. There's not many people that make $6 million a year (who can be called) a franchise player. I'm not paid as much as a T-Mac or a Kobe or a Shaq, but they really look at me as a franchise player. When I first came into the NBA, I didn't look at myself as a franchise player. … But if they would have accepted it, I would have been gone for a month or a month and a half and not worried about the pay.
    in that interview.

This whole thing hasn't changed my opinion of Ron at all, i'm staying the course. He does say some stupid things, but I'll take them in exchange for his play. I dont think his relationship with JO is all that bad. As long as the on court chemistry is there I dont think it matters.

"Sometimes I think I'm in a position to do what I want. If I think I want to retire, it doesn't make me crazy. What's so crazy about being home with your family? I don't see anything so crazy about that. If people think that's crazy, maybe they don't know what it's like to be with their family. Family is more important than money."

Who can really blame him? I know that I would value family more than bball too even if I were a star....
    Here, everyone have a : on me