Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erick Gordon to have right knee surgery tomorrow out for 6 more weeks.

Banned

Default Erick Gordon to have right knee surgery tomorrow out for 6 more weeks.

Marc J. Spears @SpearsNBAYahoo
    Hornets say guard Eric Gordon will have right knee surgery tomorrow that doctors say can keep him out six weeks.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 02-14-2012 at 12:24 AM.

Banned

Default Re: Erick Gordon to have right knee surgery tomorrow out for 6 more weeks.

Mike Wells @MikeWellsNBA
    Eric Gordon's injury problems (and that they shy away from restricted FA) could keep the Pacers from heavily pursuing him this summer.

Mike Wells @MikeWellsNBA
    @mg_indy wonder if @JeffRabjohns will still be pushing his boy EG as hard after his latest setback. EG has played more than 62 gms only once

Banned

Default Re: Erick Gordon to have right knee surgery tomorrow out for 6 more weeks.

Sean Deveney @SeanDeveney
    Eric Gordon needs surgery and will miss 6 weeks, NOH announced. Anyone still think Stern was wrong to let him go to restricted free agency?

Banned

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/02...-6-more-weeks/

Eric Gordon’s nightmare season continues.

It began with the young shooting guard being shipped from the Los Angeles Clippers to the New Orleans Hornets as the key piece in return for Chris Paul.

After making the game-winning shot in a season-opening victory over Phoenix, Gordon sat out four games with a bruised knee. He played once more and has not seen any action since.

When the extension deadline rolled around, Gordon and agent Rob Pelinka could not get a deal from the Hornets, who are owned by the NBA. The league has made no secret about limiting the team’s expenses to make it more attractive to a potential buyer – none of whom have come forward.

On Monday night, the Hornets announced that Gordon will need arthroscopic surgery on his knee and will miss another six weeks, bringing his potential return to the cusp of April.

“After consulting with our medical staff, we concluded that surgery was the best route and in the best interest of Eric for the long term. We had hoped with rest and rehab, Eric’s knee would have healed,” Hornets GM Dell Demps said in a statement. “Eric is eager to return to the court and we are confident Hornet fans will get to see him soon.”

If by “soon” you mean before the first pitch of baseball season, well, yeah, sure.

The Hornets improved to 5-23 with Monday’s 86-80 win over Utah. They had lost 17 of their previous 18 games.

Gosh this due just can't keep healthy. Terrible....such a talent.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/02...-6-more-weeks/
    When the extension deadline rolled around, Gordon and agent Rob Pelinka could not get a deal from the Hornets, who are owned by the NBA. The league has made no secret about limiting the team’s expenses to make it more attractive to a potential buyer – none of whom have come forward.
    Despite the injury...I can see Bird rolling the dice and making a run at EJ.

The question...obviously...is how much of an offer to make that will make Stern/Hornets blink given the apparent interest in limiting how much $$$ that they want to have on the books and taking into account his injury history.

As I said in the other thread...I want to at least know that the Pacers made a run at EJ.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I think the Pacers should pass on him. He can't seem to stay healthy.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to odeez For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm guessing it was more than a bruise.

I wish they'd just say what is wrong with it, it'll come out sooner or later.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

I'd offer him a one year deal. That way he gets a year to prove his worthiness for FA. So he might be stuck in NO for another year.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Next Brandon Roy right here.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    exactly what i thought also

Tough blow. Definitely just flushed any hopes of a max contract away.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

I think part of him missing so many games this year could have to do with the fact that he just simply doesn't want to be a Hornet. It's happened with a lot of stars. The only way I want him on this team is signing him as a free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    It kind of depends on what is wrong with his knee. Others have come back and played just fine after knee problems... like David West.

If they are willing to take a 20million $$ gamble with David West I don't see why they wouldn't with EJ if they like him.

Nobody has knee surgery because they don't want to be on a team.

That's too bad. It sounded like surgery was needed a few weeks ago, but I guess they tried to wait it out.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

At this point, the whole "max or qualifying offer and UFA" seems like a pipe dream for his representation. I'm not saying I'm a doctor or something, but if the Hornets offer him something like even 5/$45 he HAS to take it with his history.

Far as us going for him, don't know yet, but not a fan at this point, have to see what this injury is. Sucks, he's the once in a generation perfect storm of young superstar-ish player that wants to play here and fans would adore. Until Ronnie Johnson puts up 18/10 as a frosh anyway.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    At this point, the whole "max or qualifying offer and UFA" seems like a pipe dream for his representation. I'm not saying I'm a doctor or something, but if the Hornets offer him something like even 5/$45 he HAS to take it with his history.

Far as us going for him, don't know yet, but not a fan at this point, have to see what this injury is. Sucks, he's the once in a generation perfect storm of young superstar-ish player that wants to play here and fans would adore. Until Ronnie Johnson puts up 18/10 as a frosh anyway.
    At a 5yr/$45 mil contract...I'd take him at that price despite his injury history.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    At a 5yr/$45 mil contract...I'd take him at that price despite his injury history.
    If I'm the Hornets with their situation, bet your *** I'd love that. If I'm us, and we offer the equivalent 4/36 or whatever, I'm pretty damn antsy about that. Could wind up being a pretty nice steal. could just as easily, probably more likely, end up being an albatross contract. EJ's injuries before seemed like a lot of fluke unlucky stuff, broken wrist, sprains, random stuff. Now...

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

This is a blessing and a curse at the same time for us....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    It kind of depends on what is wrong with his knee. Others have come back and played just fine after knee problems... like David West.

If they are willing to take a 20million $$ gamble with David West I don't see why they wouldn't with EJ if they like him.
    They're different in my opinion, EJ is hurt quite a bit. West has been healthy most of his career.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

James Harden anyone?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    James Harden anyone?
    Good luck.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

If Gordon comes to the Pacers, his leg will fall off.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Aw Heck For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

James Harden anyone?
    No. Nobody has a shred of interest in James Harden.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

James Harden anyone?
    I don't really like his game, but you might be able to convince me to trade Pendergraph and a 2nd for Durant. Although Durant's contract might make me reconsider that position.