Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't care if Danny played the entire first quarter. When you are hitting like he was, KEEP HIM IN!
    Man i agree with you,Vogel won't change this strategy though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Three game losing streak for the Pacers, then the Knicks extend their winning streak to five...I think we need to start rooting against Jeremy Lin.

I would kill for Nene or Fareid or similar profile inside guy. Our bigs move like they have a ball and chain on their sneakers.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

5. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    That's what probably most teams thought when we won them early in the season (Lakers, Bulls etc). Denver is not a bunch of nobodies. They are a team above else. Just like us. At least, when we get it going.

Reality check: We're a good team. We just don't seem to be a great team. Not right now at least. We may become a great team next year or later in the season. We could be half way there. I don't know when will it come but we just are not there yet.

A poster in the game thread, LA_Confidential, said something very important. Losing streaks lead to "look in the mirror" moments. This team needs this reality check. We need to know our limitations and how to overcome them.

I like the attitude of believing that we can win every game. It gives us confidence. It's a good thing. We just need to make sure that this belief does not translate into cockiness.

So, this losing streak may make us better in the long run. Of course, it sucks right now and it saddens (or angers, depends on the person) most of us.

Also, I believe that this board needs a reality check as well. This team spoiled us. We went too high after the back-to-back road wins against Dallas and Minnesota. Let's be sincere for a moment. If at the start of the season someone told us that we would be 17 - 10 leading to the Miami home game who would have not taken it?

All in all, it was a disappointing loss. There's no denying that. But we're a good team. We may not be a great team yet but jumping from 8th seed (with a losing record) to an ECF contender does not happen in a single year. We're not there yet. We're a legit, good team that battles for the 3rd to 6th seed and next year we're going to be even better.
    Fixed, and thanks for the kudos.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    I would kill for Nene or Fareid or similar profile inside guy. Our bigs move like they have a ball and chain on their sneakers.
    and stone hands

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    Fixed, and thanks for the kudos.
    No probs. Thanks for reminding me who it was

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Where has the mental toughness gone? Where has the hard nosed team defense and rebounding (on either end) gone? Vogel was looking a little deer in the headlight-ish there down the stretch.

-Emiliano Zapata

few thoughts...

- Croshere was off his mic game tonight

-our fast breaks offense is **** compared to Denver... Do we even practice it?

-West's ready to be the #1 option. Smartest player on the team... give him the ball

-Hibbert has butterfingers

-Does anyone else get annoyed when they play circus music during live action?

-TO's killed us... seemed like half of them were unforced

-Looks like the real Danny Granger's back... I liked the one from earlier in the year better. I think it's safe to say he's not getting the DPOY

-We need to compete harder because they took it to us tonight. Props to George Karl

... good news is I thought we only had a few players that played a well rounded game and we were still close, and West looks like he's back.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This team looks so bad in back to back scenarios, it's going to be really bad whenever they have the back-to back-to back. Pacers used to the grind like Granger are doing decently with the schedule, but PG, and Hibbert are really struggling with all the games recently.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Another thing. I've turned the corner on Dahntay. I actually appreciate what he offers to this team. Defense, hustle and enthusiasm are all good qualities but wouldn't it be great if he had someone else to shoot those corner threes?

ie (Missing George Hill)
    Last edited by LA_Confidential; 02-11-2012 at 10:39 PM.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:

Two nice games from West in a row (sans the crunch time choke jobs, but it happens). One of the few trends from losing 4 of 5 that I'd like to see continue.

-Emiliano Zapata

I'm not convinced the team didn't shoot its wad in Dallas and just needs a break to collect itself physically and mentally. We really played that game all out to win but then the team kinda gassed itself, lost a game or two they shouldn't have, and now it's a 3 game losing streak... with Miami up ahead. Which means even the extra couple of days might not be enough to stem the tide of losses.

But I suspect, with the All Star break coming, and this couple of days without games to get their legs under them, that the team will attack Miami much like it did Dallas as a statement game. So a win is possible... it's not like a 4th loss is a foregone conclusion.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I'm not worried, I just think constantly playing playoff caliber opponents and the condensed schedule is catching up to us. I think if Vogel starts to intermix the back-ups with the starters more we will play better as the less tired legs of the bench can make up for the more tired legs of the starters in the hustle category.
    I'm telling you, the # of minutes that the Starters are playing compared to the 2nd unit is catching up with us...especially in a tightened schedule with less and less rest inbetween games. The Starting 5 are playing double the # of minutes that the 2nd Unit is. Before anyone suggests that this is normal for any Team.......earlier in the season...the 2nd Unit played more minutes. Of course, having GH out doesn't help....but we can't sustain the Starting Unit playing 31 to 38 mpg for too long....which I can totally see leading to more injuries before too long.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Just watched the replay of the game because i missed the game.... im so ****ing frustrated.. Great performance for a big home crowd.

I will take a 3 game losing streak just to beat Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I will take a 3 game losing streak just to beat Miami.
    How about a 4 game losing streak to beat the cavs?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Danny lazy on defense? SAY IT AIN'T SO.

(Though Danny is far from the only/main reason the Pacers lost tonight. Could just as easily say DC.)

Also, has Lou Amundson played professional bball before? His bio says he has, but I'm just not believing that.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I'm telling you, the # of minutes that the Starters are playing compared to the 2nd unit is catching up with us...especially in a tightened schedule with less and less rest inbetween games. The Starting 5 are playing double the # of minutes that the 2nd Unit is. Before anyone suggests that this is normal for any Team.......earlier in the season...the 2nd Unit played more minutes. Of course, having GH out doesn't help....but we can't sustain the Starting Unit playing 31 to 38 mpg for too long....which I can totally see leading to more injuries before too long.

this. 100 times this. pacer starters are playing over 30 mpg. roy hasn't seemed to play well under any circumstances having to play over 30. much less with the compressed schedule. last season, DC wore down at the end of the season and without his quicks, he's just small. normally danny can play more min, but not this year. same thing for PG.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post

this. 100 times this. pacer starters are playing over 30 mpg. roy hasn't seemed to play well under any circumstances having to play over 30. much less with the compressed schedule. last season, DC wore down at the end of the season and without his quicks, he's just small. normally danny can play more min, but not this year. same thing for PG.
    The problem is we are not blowing anyone out or getting blown out any games, a lot a games in the NBA this year are lopsided so teams can pull there starters, we haven't had that luxury...

1. I would hate to think that Danny shooting better than 50% actually negatively affects his Defense. I mean that just sounds silly. But it seems to be the case. Its most perplexing. You know your playing Bad D with Brewer is out playing you. 5 TOs thats pretty bad, what happened to the Granger who would gun for a Defensive stop to make up for a bonehead turn over. Cause we seen that just a couple weeks ago. Where did that guy go. Did he all the sudden go in to Hibernation because PG started making all the defensive stops for us?

2. Overall the Defensive intensity on this team is non existent. What happened to being the aggressors?

3. No way Ty Lawson and his 5-11 *** should ever score 27pts on us. That is ridiculous. The first time Ty Lawson comes and jumps into me on a drive I would plant him so hard on the floor he wouldn't do it again. Vogel needs to go see his pusher and get some more tough pills for this group.

4.Lots of good teams has lost 3 in row this year. Heat included. So you are bound to have this happen, but my gosh I never thought we would look so soft while doing it.

lastly 5. This team needs to re-commit to playing scrappy Defense. Defense will always give you a chance to win the game no matter how bad you shoot it. I really think this team has been so concerned lately with scoring and shooting and how people get their shots and they have lost their focus. Coaching....
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

The loss is really disappointing, but I'm still fairly optimistic at this point.

The Nuggets have been pretty good this season, so we should stop overreacting that the team that beat us today are a bunch of nobodies. There's a reason why they are one of the top offensive teams in the league.It was just a letdown that we played with their style and that just beat this team out in the end.

The problem right now, after the 3-game skid, is Hibbert and George and Collison are struggling offensively. When you're down with 1 key guy and the other 2 key guys are struggling, there's no way you can win easily against any high quality teams. They just need to pull themselves together and let the losses serve as a reminder that they are the important anchors right now.

It is a good thing that this team gets two days off instead of only one. Give them a chance to rest, and be better prepared mentally and physically.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nobody is getting mad at us for celebrating too much anymore......
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am not liking the return of emotional swing Roy Hibbert.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo

I think D-West played really good. He has such sweet postup moves. He backs down and moves like a cat, it's really fun to watch. I think he had a really outstanding game.

Roy is still not tough enough. I really don't know whats going on with him, the same things happened last year. Roy started as our most important player and faded after a month. This time you can't blame it on a former coach. Hibbert just doesn't seem to match up well vs real centers (Noah, M.Gasol, Nene, Howard..). I hope that changes soon as most of us see Hibbert as our future center. I'm not really sure what's wrong with him though.

Collison played... ehh.. average, or below average because Lawson killed him.

Granger played bad. putting 18 in the first - that's OUTSTANDING - but that's all he did ALL GAME LONG. turned the ball over way too much. Played lousy defense. didn't box out. Was a ghost in the 3rd & 4th. I don't get it. Danny has the tools to be a good all-around player, and has been one in the past- even earlier this season! But he isn't one right now.

George played pretty well. It's nice to have such versatile defender, but I think he still needs more experience to become a really great defender. He knows how to defend guys that penetrate, but not how to defend guys that run off screens or shoot off the dribble.

Our bench played good as a unit. It gave us the early lead & AJ Price hit some nice shots in the 1st half.