Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did u see the first half? If you did then you know why we backed off the offensive glass because the first half was a layup line for the Nuggets
    I did. I'm questioning the point of sacrificing that strategy when the Nuggets were still scoring as easily as they did in the second half. If you're gonna lose, don't ***** out by sacrificing your identity. Plus, if the Pacers are supposedly so improved athletically, maybe they could've countered the fast break with a bit more, uh, effort.

Bottom line is, Nuggs had no Nene in the second half, and the Pacers decided to play "small" in a sense by neglecting the offensive boards. Just doesn't make sense to me.

This is my condensed version of tonight's lost.
    1. Wild, Wild, West, had a great game, should have gotten more touches.
    2. Batman, excellent first half, second half completely disappeared.
    3. Cream Puff, looked completely lost.
    4. Wonder Boy, finally started hitting his shots in the second half, but a little to late.
    5. Speedy, I just don't think he has court vision to be a top rated point guard yet.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Yes, because Price can control if the other player runs into him. Price was looking the opposite way, and didn't even see him until half a second before he ran into Price. No unbiased viewer would blame Price for that.
    Fair enough.I didn't get to see the replay as i was really angry with the missed chance to score easy points but please don't give me that biased BS.

Quote Originally Posted by kidthecat View Post
    I did. I'm questioning the point of sacrificing that strategy when the Nuggets were still scoring as easily as they did in the second half. If you're gonna lose, don't ***** out by sacrificing your identity. Plus, if the Pacers are supposedly so improved athletically, maybe they could've countered the fast break with a bit more, uh, effort.

Bottom line is, Nuggs had no Nene in the second half, and the Pacers decided to play "small" in a sense by neglecting the offensive boards. Just doesn't make sense to me.
    What was the Nuggets shooting % on layups? Maybe 85%? So it was imperative that they stop the Nugs from getting fast breaks.

Why is that difficult to understand

Just wanted to add, AJ Price is a turd of a backup. This again proves the Pacers need an actual SG off of the bench, because watching Price was about the worst part of tonight's ****-fest (and that's saying a lot). Get a legit SG, move Lance to combo guard (if Hill isn't reliable), and never play AJ again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kidthecat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Where is the real Hibbert :/
    With his head in the clouds, dreaming about playing in the Allstar game.

Koufos... oh please!

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

This is what bothers (and worries) me the most:

L to Altanta (No Horford)

L to Memphis (No Randolph)

L to Denver (No Gallinari, No Nene for a half)

Its like we play down to the competition instead of taking advantage of the mismatches that the other teams injuries present.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

Just wanted to add, AJ Price is a turd of a backup. This again proves the Pacers need an actual SG off of the bench, because watching Price was about the worst part of tonight's ****-fest (and that's saying a lot). Get a legit SG, move Lance to combo guard (if Hill isn't reliable), and never play AJ again.
    lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

We never played small, the crashing the offensive boards was horribly failing, so the team had to change its plan.

What we really needed was for Hibbert to step up, he failed get into good positions again, the best counter-attack for Denver's offense is to pound it inside. It was working with David West when he posted someone up, but we really need Hibbert to score a few more points.

I said it last night and I am going to repeat it tonight. Hibbert is nowhere close to deserving to be an all star. Collison can't guard anyone or deliver the ball. Paul George needs to get under control. It would be nice to see Vogel make a strategic substitution instead of just going by the time on the clock. If Foster can't play consistently, find someone who can. Why would you try to run with the best running team in the league, especially on your fourth game in five nights. Can't beat a team at home that has lost some of their better players and was on a five game losing streak. The Pacers are not nearly as deep a team as they want us to believe. Hibbert is getting smashed in the mouth not doing the smash mouthing.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    Another big disappointment. As Peck said, there is no reason why we should have lost that game without Nene and Gallonari. Granger started the second half at 10/12 FG%, then finished with... 10/18. What the hell? George picked it up a bit near the end (a few big 3's), but we're just struggling out there all the time.

Three game losing streak. That feels great. Remember when we were in the top 3 in the East? Those were great times. Now, on paper, we're just as good as Orlando. I'm beginning to panic. We're going to have one helluva game on Tuesday, especially if George Hill still isn't back. I expect Granger not to show up, and Paul George to be a couple quarters late again.

I'm worried like hell. The energy is there for us, the hustle is good, but we just start making mistakes that sabotage us so quickly. And then, before you know it, it's over. So much for David West being Captain Clutch; he threw away that pass to DC so easily.

I really hope we can make some more roster moves in the next few weeks. Something that shouldn't make a huge difference, but does.

The Pacers truly needed Foster tonight. Oh, he was inactive...AGAIN!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey look, our next starting point guard is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    The Pacers truly needed Foster tonight. Oh, he was inactive...AGAIN!
    He's not going to pay back to back games

Yea Hibbert might be the biggest stretch at an all star bid in a while. I wonder if he would have made it last year if they only had 6 weeks to judge him on?

Maybe if he keeps playing really crappy they won't have to pay him a zillion dollars... silver lining?

Oh and I forgot, what has happened to Hansbrough. He looks like he has not got a clue out there. He needs to get back to doing the dirty work and forget about trying to be a scorer. Score within the offense when we actually run it.

Banned

Mike Wells @MikeWellsNBA
    Details The normally media friendly Granger declined to talk to the media after the game for maybe the 5th time n his 7 year career

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    This is what bothers (and worries) me the most:

L to Altanta (No Horford)

L to Memphis (No Randolph)

L to Denver (No Gallinari, No Nene for a half)

Its like we play down to the competition instead of taking advantage of the mismatches that the other teams injuries present.
    You wouldn't think it would happen at the pro level, but it certainly does seem to be happening.. if that's the case its an attitude/mental thing..

I know playing basketball whenever I used to get a very favorable matchup against me (pick up games) I normally played softer. I was too nice. I felt bad for the guy if he was bad and didn't want to embarress him so I didn't play hard.. it resulted in some bad games and me feeling like an idiot after... now I take it and run with it.. its their fault if they put him on me, take advantage... would the Pacers be struggling with the same thing? :/ I hope not.

MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
    The normally media friendly Granger declined to talk to the media after the game for maybe the 5th time n his 7 year career
    1 minute ago

I don't blame him.

I'll also be critical of Vogel for the first time probably ever for pulling Danny at the start of the second when he was simply put, EN FUEGO. It knocked him out of his rhythm.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo

A bunch of nobodies missing their two best players.
    That's what probably most teams thought when we won them early in the season (Lakers, Bulls etc). Denver is not a bunch of nobodies. They are a team above else. Just like us. At least, when we get it going.

Reality check: We're a good team. We just don't seem to be a great team. Not right now at least. We may become a great team next year or later in the season. We could be half way there. I don't know when will it come but we just are not there yet.

A poster in the game thread (his name elludes me right now) said something very important. Losing streaks lead to "look in the mirror" moments. This team needs this reality check. We need to know our limitations and how to overcome them.

I like the attitude of believing that we can win every game. It gives us confidence. It's a good thing. We just need to make sure that this belief does not translate into cockiness.

So, this losing streak may make us better in the long run. Of course, it sucks right now and it saddens (or angers, depends on the person) most of us.

Also, I believe that this board needs a reality check as well. This team spoiled us. We went too high after the back-to-back road wins against Dallas and Minnesota. Let's be sincere for a moment. If at the start of the season someone told us that we would be 17 - 10 leading to the Miami home game who would have not taken it?

All in all, it was a disappointing loss. There's no denying that. But we're a good team. We may not be a great team yet but jumping from 8th seed (with a losing record) to an ECF contender does not happen in a single year. We're not there yet. We're a legit, good team that battles for the 3rd to 6th seed and next year we're going to be even better.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    Can't turn it over against a team like the Nuggets, they'll run you out of the building. We had 20 turnovers tonight. If we have 20 turnovers against the Heat on Tuesday, we'll lose that game too.

Valiant effort at the end, but our mistakes and poor transition defense killed us.
    And don't forget the Grizz abused us forcing TOs early. Wade, LeBron, & Chalmers are just licking their chops at all the rips. Yes, all those squads specialize in pilfers, but does this say something about our ability to handle the ball, from our PGs on down the line?
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    I'll also be critical of Vogel for the first time probably ever for pulling Danny at the start of the second when he was simply put, EN FUEGO. It knocked him out of his rhythm.
    He played the full first quarter though as usual in a b2b game.In general i agree,he seems to stick to his rotations no matter what.

I don't care if Danny played the entire first quarter. When you are hitting like he was, KEEP HIM IN!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Mike Wells @MikeWellsNBA
    Details The normally media friendly Granger declined to talk to the media after the game for maybe the 5th time n his 7 year career
    All they needed to do was back door cut and they would sneak right by him, before he knew it the interview would be done.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

He's not going to pay back to back games

From the looks of it, he's not going to be playing many games period.

You and I both know his reb'n and hustle was sorely missed in this game. He could have been the difference in winning instead of losing. 31 rebs with only 6 o-reb... patheticly embarrassing!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    PG had shot 3-21 the previous two games.
    Yeah, he was bad in those two games - and in one of them his defense was really bad too.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."