Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 111

Thread: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

  1. #26
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    This was nice. Great defense by Lance to finish with a strong one-handed jam on the fast break.



    Like Croshere says, I couldn't help but shake the feeling that something was going to go terribly wrong on that play.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  2. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,343

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    Too many uncontested lay ups from Denver.Actually you can call it a lay up exhibition what we just saw.Losing to a Denver team that didn't have Gallo and lost Nene during the game makes it really bad.It's beyond frustrating as West's horrible pass keeps coming up in my mind.Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:


  5. #28

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    We should have had Paul George on Ty Lawson the entire game, his dribble penetration killed us.

  6. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    not even close to being the same.
    He forgot Pendergraph.

  7. #30
    Member MiaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,660

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibbert seems like Rik Smits 2.0 at this point. Yes, they have different games, but they are very similar in that they have stretches where they look all world, and other stretches where they look extremely average. I really think Hibbert's minutes need to be limited even more. I like Roy, but he doesn't have, and probably never will have an extremely high motor.

    Losing George Hill hurts, bad. No George Hill means more Jones and Price. Granted Price shot the ball well tonight our perimeter defense was terrible again. I do not think its a coincidence the chemistry and defense has went downhill dramatically without Hill.

    Lou Amundson is lucky to be on an NBA roster. All he does is commit fouls and swat at the ball. Try actually catching it Lou.

    Lou's defense was night and day better than Hibberts.

  8. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,195

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    I'm not worried, I just think constantly playing playoff caliber opponents and the condensed schedule is catching up to us. I think if Vogel starts to intermix the back-ups with the starters more we will play better as the less tired legs of the bench can make up for the more tired legs of the starters in the hustle category.

  9. #32
    Member MiaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,660

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He forgot Pendergraph.
    but seriously why has he not seen the floor much at all?

  10. #33
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    I just hope this team snaps out of this funk. It would be unfortunate if the Pacers started flirting with .500 after starting so well.

  11. #34
    Member MiaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,660

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should have had Paul George on Ty Lawson the entire game, his dribble penetration killed us.
    It would have been nice to have a presence in the middle to deter said drives.

  12. #35
    Thank you, Danny. Kuq_e_Zi91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,347

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    Can't turn it over against a team like the Nuggets, they'll run you out of the building. We had 20 turnovers tonight. If we have 20 turnovers against the Heat on Tuesday, we'll lose that game too.

    Valiant effort at the end, but our mistakes and poor transition defense killed us.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:


  14. #36

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    Just ******* put Lance in there for steady minutes, already. Look at what confidence did to Paul George's [if inconsistent] game.

    Is that sarcasm? I can't tell.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to kidthecat For This Useful Post:


  16. #37
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,343

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we were as good as Denver in transition we'd be almost unbeatable. We're probably bottom 5 in the league right now.
    Indicative of what you said were 2 moments of a fast break in the 1st half.First,it's 4 vs 1 and yet Hans managed to lose the ball and the other one 3vs 1 this time only for Price to make a loose ball foul.Shocking.Absolutely shocking.

  17. #38
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,799
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lou's defense was night and day better than Hibberts.
    Umm if you say so

  18. #39
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,854

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    The game was lost in the first half when the Pacers were hitting most of their shots but let the Nuggets back in the game with bad defense and embarrassingly bad transition defense - we saw the downside of sending more players to the offensive glass. And then the second half the Nugs played very well, too well for us

  19. #40
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,882
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    David West and PG have been our bright spots in this losing streak..
    PG had shot 3-21 the previous two games.

  20. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,195

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would surprise me....we don't have the necessary depth to beat the Heat.
    Disagree, if it wasn't for our bench the Nuggets would have destroyed us. If we lose to the Heat it isn't because we don't have the depth, but because we don't have starters who are performing as well as they should.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  22. #42

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    There is one HUGE thing that bothers me: how Croshere very astutely mentioned that the Pacers were no longer sending their bigs to the offensive glass, in order to stop the transition game of the Nuggets.

    How is that smashmouth basketball? Aren't the Pacers supposed to impose their identity onto other teams? Those second chance points sure could've helped in the second half considering the Nuggets were still scoring at will in the half court.

  23. #43
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,854

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kidthecat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is one HUGE thing that bothers me: how Croshere very astutely mentioned that the Pacers were no longer sending their bigs to the offensive glass, in order to stop the transition game of the Nuggets.

    How is that smashmouth basketball? Aren't the Pacers supposed to impose their identity onto other teams? Those second chance points sure could've helped in the second half considering the Nuggets were still scoring at will in the half court.
    Did u see the first half? If you did then you know why we backed off the offensive glass because the first half was a layup line for the Nuggets

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  25. #44
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    What you guys talking about? Nene played.

    This loss still sucks, but like I said in yesterdays post game thread, Nuggets are very dangerous.. there is absolutely no excuse for how Roy is playing right now. He's the #1 reason we are getting beat.

  26. #45
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,393

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't turn it over against a team like the Nuggets, they'll run you out of the building. We had 20 turnovers tonight. If we have 20 turnovers against the Heat on Tuesday, we'll lose that game too.

    Valiant effort at the end, but our mistakes and poor transition defense killed us.
    And yet the Magic had 24 TOs the last time we played them and we lost.

    Only the Pacers.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  27. #46

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    I was a bit distracted by the Whitney Houston coverage but the Pacers lost? They were leading last I checked I can't believe they blew this game..

    And we get the Heat next....

  28. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,195

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indicative of what you said were 2 moments of a fast break in the 1st half.First,it's 4 vs 1 and yet Hans managed to lose the ball and the other one 3vs 1 this time only for Price to make a loose ball foul.Shocking.Absolutely shocking.
    Yes, because Price can control if the other player runs into him. Price was looking the opposite way, and didn't even see him until half a second before he ran into Price. No unbiased viewer would blame Price for that.

  29. #48
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate to follow fold of some people overreacting, but the game on Tuesday will be lucky if it's not a blow-out. Our team is missing something, it's like Roy and PG got invited to Orlando and the team was satisfied... I simply don't get it. Roy having 5 rebounds is unacceptable...
    A leader. And by leader I mean a point guard. We play a lot of PnR/PnP but when it doesn't work there is a lot of standing around going on. This has to be fixed and I dont think DC has the "stripes" yet. He doesnt show the leadership to get guys in the right spots.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:


  31. #49

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kidthecat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is one HUGE thing that bothers me: how Croshere very astutely mentioned that the Pacers were no longer sending their bigs to the offensive glass, in order to stop the transition game of the Nuggets.

    How is that smashmouth basketball? Aren't the Pacers supposed to impose their identity onto other teams? Those second chance points sure could've helped in the second half considering the Nuggets were still scoring at will in the half court.
    We were getting screwed because our bigs aren't fast enough to stay down low to try to get the offensive rebound and get back on defense if it failed. We should have done this earlier, but it was too late.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  33. #50
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,343

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

    We allow teams to get back in the game when we have big leads far too easy and far too soon.At what point will they learn?Has happened several times already.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •