Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3. No way Ty Lawson and his 5-11 *** should ever score 27pts on us. That is ridiculous. The first time Ty Lawson comes and jumps into me on a drive I would plant him so hard on the floor he wouldn't do it again.

You should try out for the pacers. You're obviously tough enough to play in the NBA, what with all the sissies.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Yes, because Price can control if the other player runs into him. Price was looking the opposite way, and didn't even see him until half a second before he ran into Price. No unbiased viewer would blame Price for that.
    Hmm... you think they might of paid off the refs? j/k

I thought it was the right call btw. It looked like he picked him. Although, Brewer was flopping all game so you could be right.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Why was Danny mad?

I hope it wasn't because West was chosen to take the last shot.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Why was Danny mad?

I hope it wasn't because West was chosen to take the last shot.
    Should be mad at himself, but I don't know. I doubt it was because of the last play. That's not really Danny's style.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

For all you dreamers who ever truly considered Granger a great defensive player. You don't become a great defensive player because you make 1 or 3 good plays a game. He is the same he has always been, lazy on defense most of the time and he loses concentration. He doesn't even lock down in crunch time most of the time when 1 possession can make the difference between a win or a loss.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=D-BONE;1372262]

Where has the mental toughness gone? Where has the hard nosed team defense and rebounding (on either end) gone? /QUOTE]

Excellent questions. Wish I had answer. This team started out playing smashmouth, and it has totally disappeared. They have quit doing what got them where they are. Why?

They have quit doing the basics and things that they were previously doing:

*"D" from everyone.
    *getting the loose balls.
    *Too much standing around gawking instead of moving and cutting to the basket.
    *ball movement, making the extra pass to someone with a better shot.

Rebounding... 31 reb and only 6 OR last night. Nene left and against Koufos!
    too much individual play... which includes almost everyone.
    Not taking care of the ball... laziness.
    Fouling too much... the last 2 games close to 30 fouls in each game.
    FT shooting on the wane from earlier games.
    Too much outside shooting, need more baskets in the paint.

*= most important things needing fixed.

Pacers shot 53% last night and let a team beat them when they were previously beating teams shooting 39% and less, b/c they were doing the things I outlined. They were playing as a team. You continue doing what got you the wins in the 1st place. They have quit doing those things, thus 3 straight losses.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post

roy hasn't seemed to play well under any circumstances having to play over 30.

Someone needs to send a memo to Foster he needs to start playing. There were numerous problems in last nights game, and the rebs stick out like a sore thumb. I said in the game thread that I felt if Foster had played the Pacers would have won. He would have gotten more possessions for the Pacers and the Pacers would have won. They lost by 2 baskets which Foster's reb'ing would have easily over come. Not to mention some "D" in the middle.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    The Nuggets have been pretty good this season, so we should stop overreacting that the team that beat us today are a bunch of nobodies.

Yes, Denver has been doing well, BUT they had just lost their last 5 games! They were w/o Gallinari and Nene went out of the game with an injury. This is just an unacceptable loss to me, especially with how the Pacers played.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Someone needs to send a memo to Foster he needs to start playing. There were numerous problems in last nights game, and the rebs stick out like a sore thumb. I said in the game thread that I felt if Foster had played the Pacers would have won. He would have gotten more possessions for the Pacers and the Pacers would have won. They lost by 2 baskets which Foster's reb'ing would have easily over come. Not to mention some "D" in the middle.
    He's just consistently going to. I have to think the Pacers just re-signed him with the playoffs in mind, otherwise it was a terrible decision on their end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post

You should try out for the pacers. You're obviously tough enough to play in the NBA, what with all the sissies.....
    Oh come off it, you know exactly what I mean.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    He's just consistently going to. I have to think the Pacers just re-signed him with the playoffs in mind, otherwise it was a terrible decision on their end.
    Gotta make the playoffs first and I'm not sure this team will if the continue to play like the are