Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

Hybrid View

Banned

Default Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

Another lost for our record, I don't really know what to think about this team, no Gallinari, no Nene and we still lost?

Default Re: 11

Wake me when this team decides it wants to play hard for 4 quarters again. Think we may have bought into out own hype a little too much.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bad news: 4 game losing streak likely.
    Good news: Should be followed by a 7 game winning streak. The schedule gets considerably easier after Miami.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 2minutes twoa For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets postgame thread

Roy played like a bumbling idiot. He played like he was selected to the d-league all star game.

Where is the real Hibbert :/

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope he's not making that "play great for a bit the disappear for the rest of the season" a permanent part of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    With his head in the clouds, dreaming about playing in the Allstar game.

Koufos... oh please!

We were going to go through a rough patch.

our team is flawed, not bad. Wouldn't surprise me if we beat the Heat.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post

I smell another 25 pt loss up coming.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post

It would surprise me....we don't have the necessary depth to beat the Heat.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    It would surprise me....we don't have the necessary depth to beat the Heat.
    Disagree, if it wasn't for our bench the Nuggets would have destroyed us. If we lose to the Heat it isn't because we don't have the depth, but because we don't have starters who are performing as well as they should.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Excuse any offensive content, I'm a bit inebriated.

Who the **** did we lose to? A bunch of nobodies missing their two best players.

This is the worst kind of loss: ridden with false hope and to a team that has no chance in the playoffs.

Where did "smashmouth basketball" go? **** this.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kidthecat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kidthecat View Post
    A bunch of nobodies missing their two best players.
    That's what probably most teams thought when we won them early in the season (Lakers, Bulls etc). Denver is not a bunch of nobodies. They are a team above else. Just like us. At least, when we get it going.

Reality check: We're a good team. We just don't seem to be a great team. Not right now at least. We may become a great team next year or later in the season. We could be half way there. I don't know when will it come but we just are not there yet.

A poster in the game thread (his name elludes me right now) said something very important. Losing streaks lead to "look in the mirror" moments. This team needs this reality check. We need to know our limitations and how to overcome them.

I like the attitude of believing that we can win every game. It gives us confidence. It's a good thing. We just need to make sure that this belief does not translate into cockiness.

So, this losing streak may make us better in the long run. Of course, it sucks right now and it saddens (or angers, depends on the person) most of us.

Also, I believe that this board needs a reality check as well. This team spoiled us. We went too high after the back-to-back road wins against Dallas and Minnesota. Let's be sincere for a moment. If at the start of the season someone told us that we would be 17 - 10 leading to the Miami home game who would have not taken it?

All in all, it was a disappointing loss. There's no denying that. But we're a good team. We may not be a great team yet but jumping from 8th seed (with a losing record) to an ECF contender does not happen in a single year. We're not there yet. We're a legit, good team that battles for the 3rd to 6th seed and next year we're going to be even better.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    That's what probably most teams thought when we won them early in the season (Lakers, Bulls etc). Denver is not a bunch of nobodies. They are a team above else. Just like us. At least, when we get it going.

Reality check: We're a good team. We just don't seem to be a great team. Not right now at least. We may become a great team next year or later in the season. We could be half way there. I don't know when will it come but we just are not there yet.

A poster in the game thread, LA_Confidential, said something very important. Losing streaks lead to "look in the mirror" moments. This team needs this reality check. We need to know our limitations and how to overcome them.

I like the attitude of believing that we can win every game. It gives us confidence. It's a good thing. We just need to make sure that this belief does not translate into cockiness.

So, this losing streak may make us better in the long run. Of course, it sucks right now and it saddens (or angers, depends on the person) most of us.

Also, I believe that this board needs a reality check as well. This team spoiled us. We went too high after the back-to-back road wins against Dallas and Minnesota. Let's be sincere for a moment. If at the start of the season someone told us that we would be 17 - 10 leading to the Miami home game who would have not taken it?

All in all, it was a disappointing loss. There's no denying that. But we're a good team. We may not be a great team yet but jumping from 8th seed (with a losing record) to an ECF contender does not happen in a single year. We're not there yet. We're a legit, good team that battles for the 3rd to 6th seed and next year we're going to be even better.
    Fixed, and thanks for the kudos.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    Fixed, and thanks for the kudos.
    No probs. Thanks for reminding me who it was

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Another thing. I've turned the corner on Dahntay. I actually appreciate what he offers to this team. Defense, hustle and enthusiasm are all good qualities but wouldn't it be great if he had someone else to shoot those corner threes?

ie (Missing George Hill)
    Last edited by LA_Confidential; 02-11-2012 at 10:39 PM.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:

It's like IU all over again.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

Another big disappointment. As Peck said, there is no reason why we should have lost that game without Nene and Gallonari. Granger started the second half at 10/12 FG%, then finished with... 10/18. What the hell? George picked it up a bit near the end (a few big 3's), but we're just struggling out there all the time.

Three game losing streak. That feels great. Remember when we were in the top 3 in the East? Those were great times. Now, on paper, we're just as good as Orlando. I'm beginning to panic. We're going to have one helluva game on Tuesday, especially if George Hill still isn't back. I expect Granger not to show up, and Paul George to be a couple quarters late again.

I'm worried like hell. The energy is there for us, the hustle is good, but we just start making mistakes that sabotage us so quickly. And then, before you know it, it's over. So much for David West being Captain Clutch; he threw away that pass to DC so easily.

I really hope we can make some more roster moves in the next few weeks. Something that shouldn't make a huge difference, but does.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

I just have three words:

Denver transition points
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Smith For This Useful Post:

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    Another big disappointment. As Peck said, there is no reason why we should have lost that game without Nene and Gallonari. Granger started the second half at 10/12 FG%, then finished with... 10/18. What the hell? George picked it up a bit near the end (a few big 3's), but we're just struggling out there all the time.

Three game losing streak. That feels great. Remember when we were in the top 3 in the East? Those were great times. Now, on paper, we're just as good as Orlando. I'm beginning to panic. We're going to have one helluva game on Tuesday, especially if George Hill still isn't back. I expect Granger not to show up, and Paul George to be a couple quarters late again.

I'm worried like hell. The energy is there for us, the hustle is good, but we just start making mistakes that sabotage us so quickly. And then, before you know it, it's over. So much for David West being Captain Clutch; he threw away that pass to DC so easily.

I really hope we can make some more roster moves in the next few weeks. Something that shouldn't make a huge difference, but does.
    J.R. Smith would be a start.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

I hate to follow fold of some people overreacting, but the game on Tuesday will be lucky if it's not a blow-out. Our team is missing something, it's like Roy and PG got invited to Orlando and the team was satisfied... I simply don't get it. Roy having 5 rebounds is unacceptable...

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    I hate to follow fold of some people overreacting, but the game on Tuesday will be lucky if it's not a blow-out. Our team is missing something, it's like Roy and PG got invited to Orlando and the team was satisfied... I simply don't get it. Roy having 5 rebounds is unacceptable...
    A leader. And by leader I mean a point guard. We play a lot of PnR/PnP but when it doesn't work there is a lot of standing around going on. This has to be fixed and I dont think DC has the "stripes" yet. He doesnt show the leadership to get guys in the right spots.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post

The Pacers truly needed Foster tonight. Oh, he was inactive...AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    The Pacers truly needed Foster tonight. Oh, he was inactive...AGAIN!
    He's not going to pay back to back games

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

He's not going to pay back to back games

From the looks of it, he's not going to be playing many games period.

You and I both know his reb'n and hustle was sorely missed in this game. He could have been the difference in winning instead of losing. 31 rebs with only 6 o-reb... patheticly embarrassing!