Thread: Artes..I mean World Peace gives Jeremy Lin fashion advice

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Artes..I mean World Peace gives Jeremy Lin fashion advice

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.co...=rss_blogs_NBA

Metta to Lin: Get some swag

NEW YORK -- Leave it to Metta World Peace, the Artest formerly known as Ron, to weigh in on the Jeremy Lin phenomenon in ways that make you laugh, scratch your head and wonder if the world is about to end.

World Peace and Linsanity colliding at Madison Square Garden may simply be too much for the atmosphere to handle.

I never do this, because rarely are all the quotes worth your time. But A) I want to watch the game, and B) all the quotes are amazing, bizarre and will make for enjoyable reading during timeouts. But only during timeouts, as the Knicks' Linsation has nine of their first 13 points as New York leads the Lakers 13-4 as I type this in the first quarter.

Here ya go. Pay special attention to Artest's -- I mean, World Peace's -- fashion advice toward the end, when he suggests a new haircut and shades and says, "You're Jeremy Lin, for godsakes."

Q: Your impressions of Lin.

A: I was like, 'Wow, he had 25 in one game and everybody was going crazy.' New York media, you know? And then it happened two more times and I was like, 'Oh, yeah, itís good. Itís good.' Ö Looking from the outside in, everybodyís pretty happy for him. Itís good to see something special for the first time. Itís kind of like when Yao came in and when Toni Kukoc came and everybody was talking about how he was Michael Jordan overseas. Itís good to see something for the first time. And heís doing it without his two star players.

Q: Who were the Knicks' point guards when you started watching them?

A: (Charlie) Ward, (Derek) Harper, those old rugged guys, real basketball. This is like play-play basketball now. I miss the Harpers. They put that forearm on you and you canít go nowhere. Thatís New York City. Thatís hard-nose. I miss that. I miss that. You canít do that with these soft, cotton candy players. They cry all the time. Babies. Cotton candy.

Q: How good can he be?

A: He still has to play some New York City street ball to break himself in. He has to like go to Hunter College and Rucker and Kingdome and then he would be a real New York City insanity, or whatever you said.

Q: What do you think about all the attention he's getting on Twitter?

A: I think itís good because itís a first. Itís the first time. Itís just not normal to see an Asian-American in the NBA, and heís the first. (Actually, he's the fourth. But who's counting.) And itís great because Asian-Americans play a whole lot of basketball throughout America. You see it all the time. How many Asian-Americans do you see playing basketball in the street who actually want to play in the NBA? Iím assuming thereís a lot of them. And he did what it takes to play, and heís a role model. Good in school, heís a role model all the way around.

Q: What did you know about him before?

A: I know he used to miss layups on the fast break in Golden State. I know he used to turn the ball over at half court. He was trying to find himself. He was the first Asian-American to play (again, the fourth), he mustíve had a lot of pressure on him. He was pretty good. He was athletic. You saw that, but it wasnít converted to his game. But now heís playing ball now. Heís showing why heís a good player. If he had that Ron Artest in his prime defense on him, that would've been a problem. That would've been a major problem. I donít even think Metta World Peace wants to see that.

Q: Did the Lakers talk about him in the locker room?

A: Do we talk about him? Yeah, we talk about him. We think he needs a better haircut. I donít like that style. Youíre in New York, the fashion capital. Change your haircut, OK? Youíre a star now. Wear some shades. Shades, OK? Put down the nerdy Harvard book glasses. Put on some black shades, OK? With some leather pants. Change your style. Fashion.

Q: Do you wear leather pants?

A: No, I wonít wear them, but he should wear leather pants. Heís the type of guy who should wear leather pants, some nice shoes and change his fashion. Youíre Jeremy Lin, for godsakes. You know what Iím saying? You know? Put down that law book, stop reading the New York Times and start reading the Daily News. Newsday, thatís the one. I like that one because thereís always color in that one. What else? Wall Street Journal. Get some swag. Youíre in New York City. Put your hat to the back, too. Put your hat on backwards. Come to practice with your pants sagging and just tell them, 'I donít feel like practicing.' Practice? You know? Practice? And wear an Iverson jersey. You know? Come to practice with a cigar. Lit. 'Iím Jeremy Lin.' You know? He should change. We're all excited to play tonight. Itís like the first time for everybody. Everybodyís excited. Kobeís excited. He wants to get 50. He wants to welcome Jeremy Lin to his new level."

And this concludes this episode of, "I never thought I'd type that and post it online."

Enjoy the game
    Sittin on top of the world!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: Artes..I mean World Peace gives Jeremy Lin fashion advice

Lmao, at this point I think Ron is just in the league to make random comments like this. I kind of agree though, I don't like Lin's haircut.

Sports Logo

Well, since he can no longer impress people with his basketball skills, he might as well impress us with random remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Artest
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come to practice with a cigar. Lit. 'Iím Jeremy Lin.' You know?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nobody should ever take any kind of advice from Artest.

Ever.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's just being silly....
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's just being silly....
    I think it is great. He has been showing his sense of humor a lot more of recent.

Maybe PD should contact him to do his own version of an odd thoughts column.

Of course, any thoughts from Ron could be considered "odd thoughts".

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

LOL

yeah Ron's column would be called "normal thoughts"
    Sittin on top of the world!