Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let Lance give it a whirl just once

Default Re: Let Lance give it a whirl just once

Quote Originally Posted by MaHa3000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I see the Linsanity going on I get jealous. I think Lance has a similar game and if giving a chance he will show his talent. The talent that most have recognized behind the scenes.

Remember T. Evans at the beginning of the season wasn't putting up good numbers and looked ordinary. New coach comes in and lets him play his style and he shows again why he was considered a future star.

I'm on board with it. Defense has been this teams strength and that's where the chemistry has shown the most. I doubt that the offensive chemistry of the second unit we be ruined if Lance has the ball in his hands.
    Jeremy Lin has above-average basketball IQ that makes up for below-average athleticism. Lance Stephenson has below-average basketball IQ that makes up for above-average athleticism.

I'm not sure that's a fair comparison.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Jeremy Lin has above-average basketball IQ that makes up for below-average athleticism. Lance Stephenson has below-average basketball IQ that makes up for above-average athleticism.

I'm not convinced Lance has a low BBall IQ. It may be high.

What he has is bad training. And an immature, emotional personality.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

I think thats a little harsh. Some of the passes, drives to the lane and deffensive plays Lance makes at times seems to me , at least, he has a pretty good basketball IQ for being 20 and a handfull of minutes in the NBA
    Sittin on top of the world!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think I'm just going to start ignoring any topic with Lance in it.

This place is getting silly about it. When people are getting called delusional for thinking Collison can improve by the same person promoting Lance as the savior of our bench .... yikes. Pot calling the kettle black. This same person claims Lance does nothing but stand in the corner, but somehow while standing in the corner he leads the team in turnovers per minute by a pretty wide margin, in fact he's one of the league leaders. Imagine if he actually didn't just stand in the corner most of his time on the floor because right now he's 21st in turnovers per 48, and half of those ahead of him have played 10 or less games.

Yes, lets release the reigns on a turnover machine. We'll win games that way.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post

This place is getting silly about it. When people are getting called delusional for thinking Collison can improve by the same person promoting Lance as the savior of our bench .... yikes. Pot calling the kettle black. This same person claims Lance does nothing but stand in the corner, but somehow while standing in the corner he leads the team in turnovers per minute by a pretty wide margin, in fact he's one of the league leaders. Imagine if he actually didn't just stand in the corner most of his time on the floor because right now he's 21st in turnovers per 48, and half of those ahead of him have played 10 or less games.

Why are you trashing our players? OMG ...........

I wasn't comparing their basketball IQ or their athelticism. But rather, the court vision and the fact that the quick emergence of previously undiscovered talent.

And maybe a Harvard grade may have a high IQ, I do not think you could say, with limited play so far, that one has more b-ball IQ.

If a player has great court vision it could be deemed useless if said player is not given the chance to execute that vision on the court.

I just want to give the kid some time and opportunity. Give him the ball twenty or so possessions a game and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Why are you trashing our players? OMG ...........
    I think lance slept with his sister.jk

John Wall and Tyreke Evans are turnover machines. If they were Pacers would you want A.J. Price to dominate the ball?

Honestly I wish they would just let Lance be a Microwave off the bench. If he is as talented as they say he is. Then let him go score the damn ball for our bench. We don't guys in the 2nd unit that can play the team ball at a high level. I honestly think this group is holding him back.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Honestly I wish they would just let Lance be a Microwave off the bench. If he is as talented as they say he is. Then let him go score the damn ball for our bench. We don't guys in the 2nd unit that can play the team ball at a high level. I honestly think this group is holding him back.
    At least they have started staggering Danny and Pauls minutes a bit. I think things will be better when George comes back. Lance and George Hill play far better next to each other. Call them what you want(sg/pg) but having a 6'5 guy to pair with George Hill is a lot better than having a short backcourt. I just don't want to see the crap we have been where Aj controls the ball and keeps all the action on one side of the court until the shot clock is running out(if he can wait that long to miss a shot). I don't care if he is called a point guard, just give him the ball and let him create from time to time, especially when nothing else seems to be working.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

This place is getting silly about it.
    Not as silly as you and a few others thinking you got a 21 year old player getting less than 10 minutes a game all figured out.

Until he gets consistent minutes none of us know what he can do.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Lance is a very good mid range shooter. You cannot judge him right now because he is inclined to hesitate before he does anything. He is over thinking the game because he does not want to make a mistake and be taken out of the game. I think he deserves alot of credit for trying to do what he is being asked. The question is, are they asking him to tone his game down too much. Everyone agrees that he is better with the ball in his hands. It will not be in his hands playing with Collison or Price. I would like to see him get a chance to run the team with the second unit. That unit should be able to get out and run, pressure the ball and create turnovers. If he is running the break you see him light up. Let him do it as long as he stays under control.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MaHa3000 View Post
    John Wall and Tyreke Evans are turnover machines. If they were Pacers would you want A.J. Price to dominate the ball?
    Those 2 teams are 15-38.

If Lance was as good as they are, I probably wouldn't. The problem is, he isn't. Those guys are getting 3-4 turnovers a game, but they're clearly getting more assists. Lance hasn't accomplished that with his limited responsibilities. Why would you expand them? He doesn't score like those guys, he doesn't rebound like them either. He wasn't drafted as high as they were for a reason. He didn't do as well as they did in college. Lance hasn't done anything meaningful at whatever level since he left high school. Crap, hurry up! Lets get Damon Bailey, at least he did well in college.

The subject of Lance Stephenson on this board is one that if anyone else in the country read it they would immediately label this board a bunch of idiots and never come back.

I seriously am going to ignore this thread at this point, and anything that turns into a Lance debate I'm going to try to avoid at all costs. This silliness is an assault on my sanity.

Those 2 teams are 15-38.

If Lance was as good as they are, I probably wouldn't. The problem is, he isn't. Those guys are getting 3-4 turnovers a game, but they're clearly getting more assists. Lance hasn't accomplished that with his limited responsibilities. Why would you expand them? He doesn't score like those guys, he doesn't rebound like them either. He wasn't drafted as high as they were for a reason. He didn't do as well as they did in college. Lance hasn't done anything meaningful at whatever level since he left high school. Crap, hurry up! Lets get Damon Bailey, at least he did well in college.

The subject of Lance Stephenson on this board is one that if anyone else in the country read it they would immediately label this board a bunch of idiots and never come back.

I seriously am going to ignore this thread at this point, and anything that turns into a Lance debate I'm going to try to avoid at all costs. This silliness is an assault on my sanity.
    please do, since all you ever do is tear the kid down anyway. Don't pretend like you don't have a desire to hate on Lance, thats why your here in this thread.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

After the Mackey/bulletproof assault with numbers in the other Lance thread, I found this one interesting. Look at last nights +/-, someone sticks out. The same player had the highest +/- tonight. To be honest this doesn't mean a lot, however this is just as valuable as the Cherry picked stats people use against Lance.

last night
    http://www.popcornmachine.net/cgi-bi...10&game=INDMEM

tonight
    http://www.nba.com/games/20120211/DE...#nbaGIboxscore
    Last edited by spazzxb; 02-11-2012 at 11:00 PM.

First silly... now idiots ...huh okay

Anybody got the u mad Oprah?

I like this one too...

Damn I'm getting good at the interntet... j/k with ya BP
    Last edited by CJ Jones; 02-12-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    First silly... now idiots ...huh okay

Anybody got the u mad Oprah?

He was first tonight too... +5
    Originally I was looking at last nights flowchart and thought it was tonights. Looks like you replied during my second edit.

The kid is kinda growing on me... I get the impression he really wants to find his niche and help the team win as a team. ...and I get the impression he's really trying to do it within the framework of the coaching.

He's got the athleticism. If he's coachable like it appears, then that really adds to his ceiling. Coachability was the real question mark I had with him as far as on the court goes....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

...okay I'm done. I'm literally crying over some these gifs. You guys are gonna hate me now. ( that's if you don't already)