Thread: Lost in all this, is the great play of Pollard

Default Lost in all this, is the great play of Pollard

What I saw from Pollard in the T-Wolves game was very encouraging. I dare say he had a similar impact on the game that Jeff Foster usuaully does

How many times did Pollard keep rebounds alive, how many hustle plays did Pollard make. Him getting injured in that game I thought was a major reason why the T-Wolves got back into the game.

I just had to make this point, did not see it anywhere.

Pollard looked like the player who destroyed the Pacers in the spring of 2002
    [edit=24=1100218443][/edit]

Default Re: Lost in all this, is the great play of Pollard

I'm very, very happy for Scot. Last year was a rough road. Teams need a guy like him.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dare say he had a similar impact on the game that Jeff Foster usuaully does

I was thinking that exact same thing during the game. Pollard is playing nicely.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't forget Croshere also , I think Pollard and Croshere has been a blessing this year so far.

Pollard was outstanding in Minnesota. Hopefully he can continue his play throughout the year.

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    I'm very, very happy for Scot. Last year was a rough road. Teams need a guy like him.
    Yeah they do. But we have two.

When Foster comes back, do you take minutes from Cro, Harrison, or Pollard?

What happens if Bender plays a game?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem

You've got to take the minutes from Harrison. harrison has shown me he is going to be a darn good NBA center, but it takes centers awhile.
    And for every nice play Harrison makes he comes back and makes two terrible plays. His team defense right now is horrible

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think we will have to worry about that.And onto Pollard good for him.During the Wolves game we were just out hustling them on the boards and just about everywhere.I think Pollard will do well this year and the same for Cro.I think all the injuries are just getting all of our rookies and players who don't play much.Time to get better and expierience for a long playoff run.I seriously hope the whole Artest fiasco dies down because they are a lot of positves that have came out of the first 5 games of the season.Oh yea and lets all hope Benders gets healthy and STAYS healthy.I am not a Bender hater I just want him to do well.The sad thing about all his injuries is that he is a very talented player and when he is on fire he is almost unstoppable.Remember the Kings game last yeat @ Conseco?I should I was there and man did Bender look good but then he had to get hurt.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You've got to take the minutes from Harrison. harrison has shown me he is going to be a darn good NBA center, but it takes centers awhile.
    And for every nice play Harrison makes he comes back and makes two terrible plays. His team defense right now is horrible
    I agree some much with his D being horrible UB.In fact I think it is putrid.How many times was he late on getting to the basket to stop an easy lay-up or dunk.He would get there late and foul.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Agree that he needs work, strongly disagree that he loses minutes. I say feed him the minutes now so he's ready for the playoffs. Trade somebody ahead of him to push him into the rotation, I don't care. But we made this mistake with Bender already. Sitting him on the bench year after year won't make him any better. You get better by playing in the games.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Same mistake was made last year with Peanut Butter. And he made the same mistake with Toilet Paper up in Detroit. I like Rick, but that's his one glaring fault.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Yeah so far Peanut Butter is showing what his possibilities could have been, if he was able to get any playing time.

I got laughed at and told that I was not making a fair trade when I traded Dalembert to get PB in our fantasy league, but so far, the trade has paid off very well for me.

If Harrison can get some extended inutes on the floor to learn about all the tricks of the NBA players, I see him becoming a very good center. I hope all of us are right about him, because we could really use someone of that size to take the beating down under and give J.O. some relief on banging with the big guys.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSauceMaster
    Don't forget Croshere also , I think Pollard and Croshere has been a blessing this year so far.
    Actually what I was referring to Sauce was a guy who has the ability to keep a team loose. Scot can be outrageously funny. No doubt Cro has stepped up big time but I really don't he's that funny - do you?

The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I'll take it one question further, has Pollard played well enough not to reliquish the starting position to Jeff when he returns? I actually think he is pretty close to doing so. He is not quite as effective on defense, but in general I believe his rebounding is a touch better, and specifically his offensive rebounding. What do you guys think??
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

--Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men

I think I ran into your signature avatar last night.

I think I ran into your signature avatar last night.
    Sorry to hear that! PM me if it was somthing minor, and I'll see what I can do. If it was cooking meth in Mrs. ABAdays bathroom sink, there won't be much I can help with though.....
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

--Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men

Thanks MD but he wasn't after me. But I'm sure gonna remember your offer if it ever is.