Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: HOUSE MD cancelled

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,882

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default HOUSE MD cancelled



    Everybody lies!

    http://manila-paper.net/house-md-can...s-season/25477


    After much deliberation, the producers of “House M.D.” have decided that this season of the show, the 8th, should be the last. By April this year they will have completed 177 episodes, which is about 175 more than anyone expected back in 2004.
    The decision to end the show now, or ever, is a painful one, as it risks putting asunder hundreds of close friendships that have developed over the last eight years — but also because the show itself has been a source of great pride to everyone involved.


    Since it began, “House” has aspired to offer a coherent and satisfying world in which everlasting human questions of ethics and emotion, logic and truth, could be examined, played out, and occasionally answered. This sounds like fancy talk, but it really isn’t. “House” has, in its time, intrigued audiences around the world in vast numbers, and has shown that there is a strong appetite for television drama that relies on more than prettiness or gun play.


    But now that time is drawing to a close. The producers have always imagined House as an enigmatic creature; he should never be the last one to leave the party. How much better to disappear before the music stops, while there is still some promise and mystique in the air.


    The producers can never sufficiently express their gratitude to the hundreds of dedicated artists and technicians who have given so generously of their energy and talent to make House the show it has been — and perhaps will continue to be for some time, on one cable network or another.


    The makers of “House” would also like to thank Fox Broadcasting and Universal Television for supporting the show with patience, imagination and large quantities of good taste. The Studio-As-Evil-Adversary is one of the many cliches that “House” has managed to avoid, and for that the cast and crew are deeply grateful.


    Lastly, the audience: some have come and some have gone, obviously. This is to be expected in the life of any show. But over the course of the last eight years, the producers of House have felt immensely honored to be the subject of such close attention by an intelligent, discriminating, humane and thoughtful — not to mention numerous — audience. Even the show’s detractors have been flattering in their way. Making the show has felt like a lively and passionate discussion about as many different subjects as could possibly be raised in 177 hours. The devotion and generosity of our viewers has been marvelous to behold.


    So, finally, everyone at House will bid farewell to the audience and to each other with more than a few tears, but also with a deep feeling of gratitude for the grand adventure they have been privileged to enjoy for the last eight years. If the show lives on somewhere, with somebody, as a fond memory, then that is a precious feat, of which we will always be proud.


    Everybody Lies.


  2. #2

    Default Re: HOUSE MD cancelled

    Thank god. I stopped watching after season 4....honestly, it stopped being interesting for me after season 3.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,882

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: HOUSE MD cancelled

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank god. I stopped watching after season 4....honestly, it stopped being interesting for me after season 3.
    Funny you say that.

    I still watch, but I did not care for the transition away from House, Cameron and Chase (was that season 3?)

    I have stuck with the show, but I definitely liked the original cast better.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,615

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: HOUSE MD cancelled

    I thought it was going to be the last season anyways.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,882

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: HOUSE MD cancelled

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought it was going to be the last season anyways.
    It was widely assumed because Laurie would not re-negotiate his contract (or at least that was the rumor).

    Whether or not that meant he wanted more money or to walk after this year all along....who knows

  9. #6
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,969

    Default Re: HOUSE MD cancelled

    Why couldn't this go in the TV shows thread?

    House isn't that good of a show to get it's own post.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  10. #7

    Default Re: HOUSE MD cancelled

    Terrible show, and House is a tool. Good riddance, crappy TV show.

  11. #8
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    8,827
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: HOUSE MD cancelled


  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,970

    Default Re: HOUSE MD cancelled

    Isn't it just called House?

  14. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,882

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: HOUSE MD cancelled

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't it just called House?
    Not that it matters, but Fox calls it "House". When I see it in press releases, imdb, or in the news (like above) I see it referred to as "House MD"

  15. #11
    Inspiration Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    42,634

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: HOUSE MD cancelled

    It used to be a great show, but the premise was just drawn out too long. It's the same thing over and over, but not as good as before.

    Given the nature of the show, I expect a twist/ambiguous/cliffhanger ending.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    Inspiration Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    42,634

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: HOUSE MD cancelled

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't it just called House?


  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  19. #13
    Inspiration Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    42,634

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: HOUSE MD cancelled

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not that it matters, but Fox calls it "House". When I see it in press releases, imdb, or in the news (like above) I see it referred to as "House MD"
    Probably to help avoid confusion with this horror classic:


  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  21. #14

    Default Re: HOUSE MD cancelled

    I love Hugh Laurie, and this was an excellent show at first. I think it jumped the shark season 4. And then hit a new low with the House/Cuddy thing.

    This season has been pretty good though. Hopefully they give it a fitting ending.

  22. #15
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    8,827
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: HOUSE MD cancelled

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably to help avoid confusion with this horror classic:

    Looking at the nature of the flesh coming off the hand I would think that it is leprousy. Or an acute spider bite. Then again it might be lupus.


  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Packers' Desmond Bishop forgets ID misses White House Visit
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-13-2011, 01:56 PM
  2. NBA referee's house robbed by son's friend
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2011, 06:35 AM
  3. Eddie House joins the Heat
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 01:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •