Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 148 of 148

Thread: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

  1. #126
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    Big Roy on 1070 NOW

    -recognizes that this is great, but it means he has to work harder because there will be a target on his back
    -credits West communication and strangth on O and D for all star nod
    -not suprised if PG on AS Team next year
    -PG best dunker in the league
    -1,2,3,4,5 punch when is comes to the Pacers
    Last edited by billbradley; 02-10-2012 at 11:39 AM.

  2. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    He is talking about the former coach again

  3. #128
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dwill over Rondo is BS, I know Rondo was hurt but still.


    DWill got off to a slow start shooting the ball but has played incredible ball the past couple of weeks. He's better than Rondo - especially when Rondo has missed about 10 games.

  4. #129
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure that Melo will be a close call. He lives for high-profile moments like these. I wouldn't be surprised if he is sitting out Knicks games just so he can play in the All-Star game.
    I think the rule is that a player has to play in the regular season game with their team before the All-Star Game in order to play in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he sat this one out.

    Paul Pierce averaging over 18 points, 5 rebs, and 5 assists is impressive enough to push him ahead of Danny. If Melo can't play, I think Danny will get the call.

  5. #130
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,582

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    what I meant from my earlier post is I know luol deng is back but isn't his wrist still very much messed up and he's just playing through it? That's what I remember hearing anyhow.

  6. #131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope so, our whole starting lineup is underrated on there in my opinion, maybe not Darren Collison.
    He is better than a few ranked higher than him but I think 75 is jut about rifht

  7. #132
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,795

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    The biggest snub is easily Monta Ellis. I know he is on a losing team, but he is one of the most explosive scorers in the NBA. One of a few players I classify as "unguardable". I would be furious if I were a GS fan

  8. #133
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,483

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gotta love Charles, basically calling Kevin Love a chump after the interview.

    Standing up for Granger.

    Reward winning teams!
    Huh? Charles thinks Love is the best PF in the game.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. #134
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,520

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    i know alot of people on here will disagree, but Kevin Love does not deserve to be an all star. His team was hot garbage before Rubio came, and it was hot garbage until Rubio was the starter. Rubio is the reason that team has come together and started winning.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  11. #135
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,520

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huh? Charles thinks Love is the best PF in the game.
    LOL yeah. Well tuned into the broad cast right in the middle of the interview and right after the interview Charles looks at Earnie and shakes his head while talking about the allstar selections from the West. I took that has Kevin Love is an empty stats joke on losing team.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  12. #136
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,483

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ii would hope Monroe goes as Deng's replacement.
    I think Granger or Josh Smith will be the first in line to pick up injury replacements in the East. I can't imagine them taking 3 centers.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  13. #137
    Looking like a season JB24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    Barkley is nuts. Did he really have Granger and freaking Collison making it in over Hibbert?

  14. #138
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,958
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL yeah. Well tuned into the broad cast right in the middle of the interview and right after the interview Charles looks at Earnie and shakes his head while talking about the allstar selections from the West. I took that has Kevin Love is an empty stats joke on losing team.
    Wolves are pretty much .500 in the west. You underrate him alot if you call him that. I don't like him much, but he's a fantastic player.

  15. #139
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,480

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The biggest snub is easily Monta Ellis. I know he is on a losing team, but he is one of the most explosive scorers in the NBA. One of a few players I classify as "unguardable". I would be furious if I were a GS fan
    Well, you will get a thank from vnzla on that post, but that's about it. Not sure he had a really strong case. He puts on stats on a losing team. That's what he does. He takes a ton of shots to get his points and he's a mediocre defender at best. Is that what he will always be? I don't know. I kind of doubt it. But for now, that is what he is.

    Barkley actually touched on this subject last night on TNT's broadcast. He basically ranted against the All-Star merit of guys who chuck up a ton of shots and score a ton of points on losing teams. Monta fits that bill perfectly.

  16. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, you will get a thank from vnzla on that post, but that's about it. Not sure he had a really strong case. He puts on stats on a losing team. That's what he does. He takes a ton of shots to get his points and he's a mediocre defender at best. Is that what he will always be? I don't know. I kind of doubt it. But for now, that is what he is.

    Barkley actually touched on this subject last night on TNT's broadcast. He basically ranted against an the All-Star merit of guys who chuck up a ton of shots and score a ton of points on losing teams. Monta fits that bill perfectly.
    I agree but Melo, Love and Nash were selected and they are in horrible teams and don't make me start with Dwill either.

  17. #141

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    Except that Deron and Nash, have proven their stats when they were on winning teams.

  18. #142
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    I know this will not be a popular statement here, but this is the fact.

    With the league having woes with quality bigs in the league as a whole and Horford, Bogut out for the season. Lopez and Bargnani missing half the season or more. Greg Monroe getting totally screwed out of an All-Star spot cause his team sux.

    Roy Hibbert got in by a lousy default. He is no All Star. His contract will get bloated for being named to the All Stars if he stays here, even if he isn't successful in the playoffs. I would be trading him at the deadline while the team has a good chance of landing some quality player(s) and before he is exploited come playoffs and the Pacers sign him to a bad contract.

    Any big body that puts pressure on him makes him passive. He still doesn't have any good reliable post moves. And he has the weakest hands that I have ever seen. The dude is 7'2 and can be under the basket and yet he can't dunk the ball? Gets his shots blocked with a seldom foul call? Incredible.

    I'm not a Roy hater, I just see what he shows me.

  19. #143
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,520

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know this will not be a popular statement here, but this is the fact.

    With the league having woes with quality bigs in the league as a whole and Horford, Bogut out for the season. Lopez and Bargnani missing half the season or more. Greg Monroe getting totally screwed out of an All-Star spot cause his team sux.

    Roy Hibbert got in by a lousy default. He is no All Star. His contract will get bloated for being named to the All Stars if he stays here, even if he isn't successful in the playoffs. I would be trading him at the deadline while the team has a good chance of landing some quality player(s) and before he is exploited come playoffs and the Pacers sign him to a bad contract.

    Any big body that puts pressure on him makes him passive. He still doesn't have any good reliable post moves. And he has the weakest hands that I have ever seen. The dude is 7'2 and can be under the basket and yet he can't dunk the ball? Gets his shots blocked with a seldom foul call? Incredible.

    I'm not a Roy hater, I just see what he shows me.

    I think you are a bit extreme in your criticism, but I am starting to agree more and more with him being the Pacers Default entry. His play for the past 2 weeks has been terrible.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  20. #144
    Member Jon Theodore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,762

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    Roy deserves the All Star nod, but these past two games have not helped make that case AT ALL. To me Roy is the "BIG" version of Granger...improving every year, exceeding expectations, being an all star but not playing a flashy game. I see him and Granger's careers being VERY similar, if he stays with this team he will become a scapegoat because we all will expect too much from him.

    Regardless, I love Roy and want him to be a Pacer for life.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

  21. #145
    Biggest Pacer Fan PacersForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    "Houston said if they drafted me, they would send me to the Development-League for a year or two," Hibbert said. "That was motivation."

  22. #146
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy deserves the All Star nod, but these past two games have not helped make that case AT ALL. To me Roy is the "BIG" version of Granger...improving every year, exceeding expectations, being an all star but not playing a flashy game. I see him and Granger's careers being VERY similar, if he stays with this team he will become a scapegoat because we all will expect too much from him.

    Regardless, I love Roy and want him to be a Pacer for life.
    I disagree.
    Granger improved consistently until his MIP year, then he started declining.
    MIP Granger had the stats that superstars put, and was a top 3-4 SF in the league. (Think Mini-Melo with better defense)
    Roy on the other hand has a good month, then a bad month, then a good week, then a bad week... etc. He never had one really good breakout season nor did he show any major improvements over the course of 1 full season.
    Roy's best season would probably put him in the top 10 centers in the league or so.

  23. #147
    Member Phree Refill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Columbus IN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    588

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    Mike Wells @MikeWellsNBA Close Knowing Hibbert, he's probably in his hotel room in Memphis laughing at a former Pacers head coach right now.
    Knowing O'Brien he is probably enjoying a fine bottle of scotch sitting next to a fireplace while watching Roy's last three games and saying, "Now thats the Roy I know and love." Any time his wife interupts him he screams back "Hey! What did I tell you about interupting me when I'm criticizing at a high level?!"

  24. #148
    immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wilderness Fortress, Sahara Desert
    Posts
    889
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: All star reserves announcement today/ Roy was selected.

    New avatar in honor of MF Hibbert, the All-Star.

Similar Threads

  1. CIB, Pacers, fail to reach agreement today
    By Sollozzo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 12:25 PM
  2. What does the Indy Star know about Harrison?
    By Roaming Gnome in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2004, 07:41 AM
  3. all star reserves announced
    By zxc in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 06:24 PM
  4. When do the All Star reserves get announced?
    By Stryder in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •