Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 68

Thread: High Ratings on Television

  1. #26
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Awe man the Pacer's game is blacked out tonight? Hey Bulls are on WGN....
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,927

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do have to question how many casual fans go to Stub Hub and look for Pacer tickets? Maybe a lot, but I venture to guess most just go to Ticket Master or Pacer.com.... Yowza, look at those prices and say never mind.
    I agree with this 100%. Heck, I know about Stub Hub, have used Stub Hub, and yet I don't think to look sometimes. I can't imagine the random casual fan is going to think to hit Stub Hub.

    Also, not only do I think blackouts are a bad idea, I think not having at least a package of games on regular broadcast TV is a problem... I can't say it's a mistake because I'm not sure there's an option any longer to have any games on local broadcast TV now that independent stations are a thing of the past.

    You have to go searching for FSN-I. And it's not like the evening news is promoting 'the game coming up next'.... or promoting games via commercials during their popular shows. Or even cross-marketing.

    But you need easy access to the games to create interest and cause people to want to be there.... to be part of the action... to be the sixth man! And then when you have their interest, you want it to be affordable enough when they look at prices they don't balk.

    As said, being in the rafters for a playoff game is one thing, but to be there for a mundane Tuesday night game is another.

    I think the team needs to consider a different balance to their ticket prices.

    Make club level more affordable especially. Give season ticket holders more perks while making single games cheaper for better seats. Just make sure season ticket holders get some value added things so they aren't insulted.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    Member skyfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,558

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    TV blackouts will continue to get less effective now that you can get every game live on the internet on a range of devices in HD, via nba.tv.

  6. #29

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    TV blackouts: Because advertising money isn't important to anyone

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  8. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Franklin
    Posts
    415
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    I live 30 minutes away...but honestly can't make most of the games due to work. I either get off work right around tip off or I'm stuck at work watching the game. I actually tried to download the mobile pass last Wednesday because I was at work(Btw it sucks. They took my $30...nothing works...they won't even acknowledge that I've asked for a refund, so i was forced to resort to illegal streams).

    Back to my main point; I want to go to games and I would go if I could reasonably get to Indy in time for tip off, but it's simply not doable most nights. I still consider myself to be more than a "casual fan" as I've followed pretty much every game since the mid 90s. I've just never been in a great position to watch in person. So the television broadcasts allow me to to continue to be a fan. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this type of situation...so yes, I think blackouts would hurt the fanbase.

  9. #31
    Member Indra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    427

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone that works 40+ hours and are 30 minutes or more away from the game is going to find it hard to go to during work days on any kind of regular basis. Especially if they have a 2nd job, a family, a hobby, school, ect.

    Driving an hour + to down town to make it to a 7:00 game and is on the back side of rush hour. Many people just don't want to deal with the hurry, rush around just to get to a game and blow 1/2 or more of a weekly salary for one game. If a person makes $600.00 a week after taxes and wants to take their family for a 2 1/2 hour game. They just worked nearly all week for that, not gonna happen. But should that person and family be deprived from viewing from there home because of a blackout? obviously not! You think that person is gonna go...Oh No, I must go to a game, now that I can't watch it at home? Hell No!

    They have to show the games on TV to get noticed and to create interest and want from people. Blackout is the dumbest thing they could do, especially with today's technology.

    I think these pro teams need to cut the ticket prices by 70% at all times. I think they should have a very reasonable package to buy and watch from home to make up the difference of ticket prices. Like FSI being a paid channel.

    That would show support and would easily make more money then ticket sales. And it wouldn't be the NBA package.

    added: Please understand, I am thinking for others here, not just myself, I couldn't go on a regular basis if someone paid for the whole thing, I don't have the time to get there, 1 1/2 hour drive one way and I'm in a 50 mile radius. My kid is an adult and is in college and my wife would not go but once a year if I smiled right. And I definitely don't have a money issue as I work my rear off to have nice things. So, cost would be minimal for myself and a friend. It's all about time and simplicity.
    In what world do you live in where it costs $300+ to go to a single Pacers game? Unless you're the Duggars, any family can go to a Pacers game quite cheaply if they use their money wisely. You don't have to sit courtside to enjoy the game. Balcony/Krieg Devault seats are still a ton of fun, parking is reasonable, and if you eat before you go to the game you don't need to buy concessions.

    Just looked up prices. $15/ticket for a good game between Pacers/Nuggets. $60 to take a family of four to a game.

    I can understand not wanting to drive in traffic, the hassle of an outing, the crowds, but that applies to every event everywhere. It's no excuse, Hoosiers just aren't coming out. I think that's an issue with marketing.

  10. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,311

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Quote Originally Posted by Indra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just looked up prices. $15/ticket for a good game between Pacers/Nuggets. $60 to take a family of four to a game.
    I'm not trying to be a whiner here but this $15 dollar ticket is row 21 and 22 in the balcony. You get what you pay for and at that height it's not that appealing.

    Edit>>> Nice of the Pacers to offer the Hilbert package. Hard to argue the front office is not trying when they have something like that. However it seems the reoccuring them is that mid level seating needs to be addressed.
    Last edited by RWB; 02-10-2012 at 09:29 AM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  12. #33
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,794
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Just because someone watches most of the games in their living room does not make them a casual fan. We barely have enough time around here to get the kids fed, homework done, and keep the house maintained let alone driving an hour and a half one way 2 to 3 times a week. Add to that the fact that Pacers games end past my kids' bedtimes, and the financial strain it would put on us. I live and die with this team, but it's not gonna happen. Nor am I just a casual fan. We save up and try to attend a few games a year, which is special to all of us.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:


  14. #34
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not trying to be a whiner here but this $15 dollar ticket is row 21 and 22 in the balcony. You get what you pay for and at that height it's not that appealing.

    Edit>>> Nice of the Pacers to offer the Hilbert package. Hard to argue the front office is not trying when they have something like that. However it seems the reoccuring them is that mid level seating needs to be addressed.
    Only the first few rows in the balcony are worth the ticket price. If I had to had sit north of my Row 2 seats I wouldn't have bought my package. Better experience at home on the TV.

    They are charging Lucas Oil prices to sit in the middle level.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  15. #35
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,579
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm telling you, I'm with JMV on this one. You almost want to be careful what you wish for. I want the Pacers to have the financial success, but I don't want to be sitting next to Bandwagon McDbag when they become popular again.
    Don't want to be super cynical, but that's gonna happen. 18k seats, there aren't 18k non-dbag fans that will show up that often.

    I can put up with those losers, as long as they are the minority.

    On the topic of getting fans to the game, they are doing a better job with ticket deals (2 for Tuesdays, the Hibbert All-Star pack etc...) which is what I see as the/a major deterrent.

    I'm finishing up school, have a wife/2 jobs, and freaking love the Pacers. I live about 1-1/2 to 2 hours away, but absolutely would head to Indy 15+ times a year, and every game in the playoffs. In fact, this past season I went to every home playoff game.

    But, when I jump on Ticketmaster and see lower/club level seats that will run me between $185-$350 for the two of us, it is basically impossible. Now, then I can jump on StubHub, get lower level seats for $50 or less, and I'm in business. I actually picked up 2 tickets, Sec 17 Row 17, $25 a piece.

    So, I think they're on the right track with the ticket deals, but they have to find a way to compete with StubHub and others, otherwise people will continue to wait until they show up on a 3rd party site for nickels and dimes.


    At the end of the day, winning is what gets it done. Don't be surprised when no-one comes to see the Nets et al when they travel to Indy. Once Indy is a known commodity, they become an "entertainment" option again, rather than something just for basketball diehards.

  16. #36
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,579
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Quote Originally Posted by Indra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In what world do you live in where it costs $300+ to go to a single Pacers game? Unless you're the Duggars, any family can go to a Pacers game quite cheaply if they use their money wisely. You don't have to sit courtside to enjoy the game. Balcony/Krieg Devault seats are still a ton of fun, parking is reasonable, and if you eat before you go to the game you don't need to buy concessions.

    Just looked up prices. $15/ticket for a good game between Pacers/Nuggets. $60 to take a family of four to a game.

    I can understand not wanting to drive in traffic, the hassle of an outing, the crowds, but that applies to every event everywhere. It's no excuse, Hoosiers just aren't coming out. I think that's an issue with marketing.

    I see your point, but tickets in the lower level are at least $155/seat. Mid-level is approx $115. Then Balcony is very affordable, $40 etc, some $14-$20, the $6 deals and so on. Unfortunately, the high balcony seats aren't really worth going to, especially if you have to jump through hoops to get to the game. Couple that with the type of people you get (I have a thread about my experience against the Bulls in the playoffs) and I'd never go mid or upper balcony.

  17. #37
    Boom Baby! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,747

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see your point, but tickets in the lower level are at least $155/seat. Mid-level is approx $115. Then Balcony is very affordable, $40 etc, some $14-$20, the $6 deals and so on. Unfortunately, the high balcony seats aren't really worth going to, especially if you have to jump through hoops to get to the game. Couple that with the type of people you get (I have a thread about my experience against the Bulls in the playoffs) and I'd never go mid or upper balcony.
    That Bulls experience isn't the norm though. Most other games, those are diehards up there in Nosebleed, IN. I would hate them to start blacking out games. I usually high tail it over to my pops house, and we watch the games together when my work schedule permits. But this, personally, has been a very difficult financial year, and at the end of the day, the Pacers are a luxury. I bleed blue and gold, but there are just too many other necessities vying for my limited income as it is. When you're holding the rope at both ends, trying to make ends meet, you feel every inch you cut off the ends. We make it happen from time to time, but I'd imagine our case is not unique. I will says the Pacers have done a good job making it easier to go to games when we can go.

  18. #38
    Member ejwallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    One thing to mention here that hasn't even been touched upon is that watching on TV, you get play-by-play and color commentary. I am not claiming that this makes or breaks game attendance, but I have been to several games where I find myself wondering; What just happened? Why was that foul called? and on and on....Watching from your living room gives you the convenience of having someone else do the brainwork.

    I like going to the games, as I tend to get into them by yelling, whooping and hollering, yelling at refs/players etc etc. I can only imagine the experience for someone that is more passive and doesn't get emotionally envolved. It takes a certain "type" of fan to actually attend games and "get into them", where anyone can sit at home, and with the power of DVR, never miss a thing....All the while having someone else tell you what you should and shouldn't think about things...

  19. #39
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,794
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Quote Originally Posted by ejwallace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One thing to mention here that hasn't even been touched upon is that watching on TV, you get play-by-play and color commentary. I am not claiming that this makes or breaks game attendance, but I have been to several games where I find myself wondering; What just happened? Why was that foul called? and on and on....Watching from your living room gives you the convenience of having someone else do the brainwork.

    I like going to the games, as I tend to get into them by yelling, whooping and hollering, yelling at refs/players etc etc. I can only imagine the experience for someone that is more passive and doesn't get emotionally envolved. It takes a certain "type" of fan to actually attend games and "get into them", where anyone can sit at home, and with the power of DVR, never miss a thing....All the while having someone else tell you what you should and shouldn't think about things...
    I can relate to this. I don't mind going at all, but I generally need a beer to loosen up in that kind of environment around so many people.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  20. #40
    Member MiaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,655

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a vague memory that the teams that get the best ratings are between 6 -10. Average would be more in the 3-5 range and down from there. But it makes a huge difference the size of the city.

    If the Knicks get a 2.2 rating in NYC and the pacers get a 6.8 rating in Indy, there are still multiple times more people watching the Knicks than the pacers.
    According to wiki the Pacers played in the highest rated regular season game against the Bulls in 95, it came in at 10.9. It was Jordan's first game back from his first retirement.
    Last edited by MiaDragon; 02-10-2012 at 03:23 PM.

  21. #41
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,081

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to wiki the Pacers played in the highest rated regular season game against the Bulls in 95, it came in at 10.9. If was Jordan's first game back from his first retirement.
    How many PD'ers were also in MSA for that game? I remember a whole bunch of 45 jerseys.

  22. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,311

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many PD'ers were also in MSA for that game? I remember a whole bunch of 45 jerseys.
    Well a lot of Pacer season ticket holders were able to pay for a season's worth of tickets by selling that game. No harm in that when you consider it was a regular season game and a Pacer fan really doesn't give a crap that was Jordan's first game back.

    Got to remember we had the opportunity to see him before, and actually I hated watching Jordan games with the lord of basketball getting every call.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  23. #43
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,081

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well a lot of Pacer season ticket holders were able to pay for a season's worth of tickets by selling that game. No harm in that when you consider it was a regular season game and a Pacer fan really doesn't give a crap that was Jordan's first game back.

    Got to remember we had the opportunity to see him before, and actually I hated watching Jordan games with the lord of basketball getting every call.
    I'll never fault someone for selling their tickets for a profit. More power to you.

    In a legion of mostly forgettable regular season games, that's one I'll never forget.

  24. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,311

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll never fault someone for selling their tickets for a profit. More power to you.

    In a legion of mostly forgettable regular season games, that's one I'll never forget.
    Mackey you don't have to go that far my friend. Now if someone was to do that for a playoff game (including me) then may they rot in hell. Ok maybe not that bad, but I'd be angry.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  25. #45
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,081

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mackey you don't have to go that far my friend. Now if someone was to do that for a playoff game (including me) then may they rot in hell. Ok maybe not that bad, but I'd be angry.
    As much as I hate going to a Colts' playoff game and seeing tons of Terrible Towels, or Dirty Sanchez jerseys, I don't blame the season ticket holders for paying for the other 16 games by watching one game on TV.

    I wouldn't do it, but I think it's totally reasonable.

  26. #46
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,463

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    This is going to go back to the discussion of the value of a ticket, I know it is.

    Saying they are charging "Lucas Oil Rates" for Pacer tickets is ludicrous. I'm sorry, but seats with a HELL of a lot better view of the floor go for a HELL of a lot less at the Fieldhouse. I've been to numerous Colts games that cost a lot more than my front-row Club level tickets at the Fieldhouse, and essentially ended up watching the game on television because I couldn't see the field.

    People just need to stop making excuses and just say they would rather watch TV period. To sell the tickets at the levels some people seem to be demanding won't even pay for the Fieldhouse workers.

    I spent years sitting in the balcony for sporting events before I was able to afford sitting lower down. There might be some working here, but even after people use the whole "HD is so much better" argument it STILL feels more like "I'm entitled to $20 front row seats and free beer" to me.

    All that said, sponsor money - especially the sponsors mentioned on the broadcasts - is WAY too important to risk having to give some of it back because games were blacked out. In the modern world, those TV eyes are just as important (if not to a certain extent MORE important) than the butts in the actual seats. Expect new arenas to be built with fewer direct-view seats and more "sports bar" type areas where you watch the games on TV from a comfy seat with lots of people around you.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  28. #47
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,527

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to wiki the Pacers played in the highest rated regular season game against the Bulls in 95, it came in at 10.9. It was Jordan's first game back from his first retirement.
    You see I don't recall that as Jordan's return game as I remember it being Dale Davis 20 rebound day to ruin the return of a former star.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  30. #48
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,527

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many PD'ers were also in MSA for that game? I remember a whole bunch of 45 jerseys.


    I was there.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  31. #49
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,794
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is going to go back to the discussion of the value of a ticket, I know it is.

    Saying they are charging "Lucas Oil Rates" for Pacer tickets is ludicrous. I'm sorry, but seats with a HELL of a lot better view of the floor go for a HELL of a lot less at the Fieldhouse. I've been to numerous Colts games that cost a lot more than my front-row Club level tickets at the Fieldhouse, and essentially ended up watching the game on television because I couldn't see the field.

    People just need to stop making excuses and just say they would rather watch TV period. To sell the tickets at the levels some people seem to be demanding won't even pay for the Fieldhouse workers.

    I spent years sitting in the balcony for sporting events before I was able to afford sitting lower down. There might be some working here, but even after people use the whole "HD is so much better" argument it STILL feels more like "I'm entitled to $20 front row seats and free beer" to me.

    All that said, sponsor money - especially the sponsors mentioned on the broadcasts - is WAY too important to risk having to give some of it back because games were blacked out. In the modern world, those TV eyes are just as important (if not to a certain extent MORE important) than the butts in the actual seats. Expect new arenas to be built with fewer direct-view seats and more "sports bar" type areas where you watch the games on TV from a comfy seat with lots of people around you.
    No, sorry...what you call an excuse is in fact reality for some people. I would love to be a sth, but once again as I've already stated the time nor money isn't there.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  32. #50
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: High Ratings on Television

    Quote Originally Posted by ejwallace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One thing to mention here that hasn't even been touched upon is that watching on TV, you get play-by-play and color commentary. I am not claiming that this makes or breaks game attendance, but I have been to several games where I find myself wondering; What just happened? Why was that foul called? and on and on....Watching from your living room gives you the convenience of having someone else do the brainwork.

    I like going to the games, as I tend to get into them by yelling, whooping and hollering, yelling at refs/players etc etc. I can only imagine the experience for someone that is more passive and doesn't get emotionally envolved. It takes a certain "type" of fan to actually attend games and "get into them", where anyone can sit at home, and with the power of DVR, never miss a thing....All the while having someone else tell you what you should and shouldn't think about things...

    Main reason why I like going to the games in person (besides the atmosphere, although it isn't all that great until the playoffs) but I get a much, much better sense of what is going on seeing it in person as opposed to watching on TV. I learn so much more about the players, teams, athletisicm, strength - I could go on and on. it is a compltely different experience. There is a reason scouts see teams and players in person as opposed to just watching it on TV.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. We had our highest TV ratings in 5 years
    By Heisenberg in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-14-2011, 02:10 PM
  2. Former Jag Quinn Gray to become a high school football coach
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 10:44 AM
  3. The PD NBA Draft - #5 Washington
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-30-2009, 09:46 AM
  4. The PD NBA Draft #4 Sacramento
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 05:06 AM
  5. JMV beats Edddie and Kravitz - Indianapolis radio ratings
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 08:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •