Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Hawks postgame thread

Banned

Default Pacers/Hawks postgame thread

Well just like the Orlando game our bench brought us back and Vogel decided to bring the starters back for some reason, like I said in the game thread, why not pull a Popovich and let the bench finish what they started? even if we lose at least to me it would feel better than losing the way we lost this game, frustrating.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 02-08-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ppl plz stop hating on Collison.. dude is getting stuff done! Last night he put up 23 if I remember right.

Tonight? 9 pts, 9 asts, 3 TO.. that's pretty freakin good play.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Hawks postgame thread

Extremely predictable loss. On the second half of a back-to-back, on the road, against a good team that we blew out last time we played them. I would have been shocked if we had won that one.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Can't wait for Hill to come back, and looking forward to seeing if anything is done at the deadline...

If we want to win games, we have to get the ball to our all star center. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ppl plz stop hating on Collison.. dude is getting stuff done! Last night he put up 23 if I remember right.

Tonight? 9 pts, 9 asts, 3 TO.. that's pretty freakin good play.
    People around here like point guards who can point.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

the team as a whole played with no energy. The bench brought the team back twice from big deficits. whatev

9. The Following User Says Thank You to luis3ep For This Useful Post:

Two straight games of very unbalanced effort, major droughts, periods of virtually no defensive resistance etc.

Hearing Quinn talk about the not wanting to lose 2 in a row. Yeah, we still haven't and it's a good objective, but you don't want it to morph into playing .500 ball.

Look it was on the road and Hawks wanted some payback, but at the same time, they were undermanned and we let McGrady unlock the fountain of youth and Pachulia look like an All-Star. So, just not a good performance.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    Can't wait for Hill to come back, and looking forward to seeing if anything is done at the deadline...

If we want to win games, we have to get the ball to our all star center. Period.
    Our All-Star in this game had great trouble getting into position. Just a bad game overall, I was hoping we would have gone small, and put West at C and Hans at PF, since they were the only ones having a decent offense.

Tracy McGrady outplayed Paul George.

Also George Hill in this game would have been nice.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Well just like the Orlando game our bench brought us back and Vogel decided to bring the starters back for some reason, like I said in the game thread, why not pull a Popovich and let the bench finish what they started? even if we lose at least to me it would feel better than losing the way we lost this game, frustrating.
    I hope he stops being so strict about his snubbing patterns. That was my biggest complaint abouts Carlisle, and so far Vogel has been very similar. Neither really took info consideration how a played is playing.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

I totally respect what DC has done on the offensive end. I still have not been swayed that he makes any consistent, significant defensive impact from the PG position. He's very ineffective getting through on-ball screens. Not good for your point.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

We need to stay positive regardless, we are 17-8, Roy Hibbert is going to be an All-Star, it was a back-to-back, and we are way ahead of schedule as far as growth of the team goes.

This just wasn't us at our best. What matters is the playoffs, and we have a trade deadline to improve the team as well as George Hill coming back. Let's get back on track Friday.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Banned

I blame this game on Frank's poor advanced scouting. Duke and UNC are playing tonight so Tyler was going to have a good game but he gave him a season low in PT.

immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo

The Hawks played at a higher level of intensity all game. When I saw our lack of defense in the first quarter, I was disappointed, but with this season's schedule, I know there are gonna be games like this. They cant bring it for 48 minutes every night. Defense was there at first, but the Hawks seemed to hit everything, and we didn't muster the energy to hold the line.

Also, we went up against a team that needed a win, and I'm sure they hold a grudge against us for putting their All-star center on the bench for the season after a great start to the year. They wanted it more, and we still made it a close game in the 2nd half.

Sports Logo

This was a bad loss. I hope that Sparhawk and that other guy who went to the game were not disappointed.

We had a chance to move up to the rankings but we blew it. Frank has to start believing in his bench more (and this is the only complaint I have about him). Other than that, a lot of things didn't work tonight.

I hope that our team and Paul George bounces back from this. The game is on the books now and we have to be ready about Memphis.

PS: Our back-to-back performances look shaky. I'm kinda afraid of the upcoming schedule as it is a back-to-back nightmare.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

I fear we'll lose the next one against the Grizzlies too. I'm not confident enough to make another guaransheed, but I'd be quite surprised if we won.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

He gets stuff done occasionally. When he is "getting stuff done" its mostly his scoring. Most of his assists come from PNR , where West shoots a long jumper or Ty does the same . He just doesnt make players around him better. Iis hard to believe in NO, with West he average almost 10 assists per game as a starter. I know it might be irrational thinking, but I wouldnt be mad if we started AJ over DC at this point. If AJ were to get consistent time, and start, he would have more scoring options on the floor with him , and would feel less pressure to score.

Danny looks frustrated. I dont know if its because he cant get open, or they cant get him the ball in a good spot. Danny has a bad habbit of getting "lost" if he is not getting good shots off. This could actually be a good thing, if Danny would DEMAND the ball! Kind of like what J Smith and JJ did at times.

TY, welcome back. Still a black hole at times, but wish every player had your consistent effort

Nice switch by Vogel to sub DJ in for Lance at the end of third for defensive purposes.

Roy, speak up man, demmand the ball. He should have dominated tonight

This game was dissapointing for many reasons, but most all because the intensity wasnt there and it looked like they woke up late , made a run, then after the counter punch, folded
    Last edited by 90'sNBARocked; 02-08-2012 at 10:19 PM.
    Sittin on top of the world!

Our next few games are very intimidating... hopefully we will be fully prepared and focused for them! Grizz, Nuggets, Heat are next 3 foes... all very tough teams.

What I like about basketball is that you can pick apart the exact things that are hurting the team and work to patch those issues... Now that we have a coaching staff that the players believe in, we have adapted throughout the season to improve the team and hopefully transition defense is a point of emphasis like it was early in the season.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Extremely predictable loss. On the second half of a back-to-back, on the road, against a good team that we blew out last time we played them. I would have been shocked if we had won that one.
    Shade , agree with the "they blew us out last time" , motivation angle

Back to back is irrelevant because Atlanta did the same
    Sittin on top of the world!

Pretty much a schedule loss, Hawks are too solid of a team to not bring our A game. Unfortunately, looks like we brought our C game.

Mood

who else in the league goes on more horrible (14-2, 18-4 etc) stretches than the pacers? seriously it's like there are one or two a night. just get absolutely pathetic on offense from time to time.

also we must be up there in "wide open 3s allowed"

Defense and rebounding, something we are usually very good at, lost us this game.

No excuse for Roy to get pushed around as he did this game. And Frank needs to trust the bench more.

I'm not going to argue about our whipping boys again. But I'll just say this. DC won the game for us last night. He's improved significantly in a lot of areas, the pure point guard areas, from last season to this. Patience. And players don't always play well, especially young ones playing a lot of minutes.

Mood

also, up to 8 schedule losses. thanks a lot NBA.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crunk-juice For This Useful Post:

PG was 1-8 and played sketchy defense... was he intimidated by Johnson?? Worst I can remember him playing.. good sign was his effort was there, he just was making a ton of mistakes.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

PG was the worst tonight by far.
    The defense on the perimeter was terrible.
    Boxing out and rebounding was the worst effort I've seen since the Sac Game.
    Danny had a good game, but he has to find his shot to get this team to the next level.
    Danny was shooting flat and went 5-17.
    Roy needs to man up and stop getting pushed around so much.

The refs s u c k e d!!!