Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The 8th Annual PD Forum Awards - Nominations Thread

Default Re: The 8th Annual PD Forum Awards - Nominations Thread

Well damn, I was going to boycot this but that non specific Amazon card drawing is pretty tempting. Is it for more than 10 cents? Can't I just vote democrat?

Most Valuable Poster – Peck, his Odd thoughts time and effort deserves recognition.

Most Humorous Poster – Magic Rat, for the pp noogies gif

Best Debater – I choose to not name a master debater.

International Poster of the Year – Able, thanks for the bandwidth. Just noticed London under your name.

Best Non-Pacer Fan – Kstat I guess, the only one that comes to mind

Sunshiner of the Year – Honestly considering this includes last season, I would nominate myself. At times last season I felt like I was the only one who wanted to talk about the positive aspects of our team. No one wanted to look past the coach. SPAZZXB

Moderate Poster of the Year (NEW) – don't know, anthem seems like a good choice.

Darksider of the Year – MackeyRose, He could see the dark side of heaven.

The Post More Often Award – Kemo, grover is awesome.

Best Arm-Chair Coach – ???

Rookie of the Year – CJ Jones

Rodney Dangerfield award= me:-)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Most Valuable Poster – Peck

Most Humorous Poster – CooperManning

Best Debater – Naptown Seth

International Poster of the Year – Nuntius

Best Non-Pacer Fan – Kstat

Sunshiner of the Year – Spazzxb

Darksider of the Year – Croz, Vnzla (toss up, but Croz prally gets the edge)

The Post More Often Award – MagicRat

Best Arm-Chair Coach – Count55

Rookie of the Year – Pacer4Ever
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    Damn if he is out of that, I nominate him as "rookie grumpy old man of the year"

and if that category doesn't make it, i nominate him as "stat-gueen" of the year!

Can we also have a "fanboy/girl" category?????
    I don't think Naptime would meet the age requirements for grumpy middle-aged man of the year, let alone old man. Although he does have the ranting potential of a crazed adult.

As for a fanboy/girl category, I kind of treat Sunshiner like that. Although "fanboy" sounds like a pejorative term to me, and I don't see "sunshiner" that way.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    Well damn, I was going to boycot this but that non specific Amazon card drawing is pretty tempting. Is it for more than 10 cents? Can't I just vote democrat?
    I'm half-surprised nobody else asked that question. I was thinking of a number of different ways of determining how much it would be. I was going to choose an arbitrary amount like $31 for Reggie Miller or $33 for Danny Granger (maybe $12 if Sookie wins, but definitely not $55 for our resident Roy Hibbert superfans). I'm thinking we'll do something different now, with the winner of the drawing having a hand in determining the amount.
    Last edited by LoneGranger33; 02-21-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Banned

And the who in PD looks more like Kevin Spade award goes to........ Naptown Seth.

There you go now you can nominate him for something
    Last edited by vnzla81; 02-21-2012 at 10:59 PM.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Most Valuable Poster Peck

Most Humorous Poster CooperManning

Best Debater Naptown Seth

International Poster of the Year Nuntius

Sunshiner of the Year Kemo

Darksider of the Year Vnzla

The Post More Often Award MagicRat

Best Arm-Chair Coach Count 55

Rookie of the Year Pacer4Ever

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

I'll be damned if Asher99 didn't come out of nowhere to rip my "Most Humorous" nomination from OlBlu .

Good week Asher. Good week.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I'll be damned if Asher99 didn't come out of nowhere to rip my "Most Humorous" nomination from OlBlu .

Good week Asher. Good week.
    That's because your not giving OlBlu enough "attempts", if you were than you would see that he averages over 40% humorous posts given 15 or more posting attempts.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

Here are my remaining picks:

Most Valuable Poster - Naptown_Seth
    Best Debater - Sookie
    International Poster of the Year - cordobes
    Best Non-Pacer Fan - d_c
    Darksider of the Year - croz24
    Best Arm-Chair Coach - count55
    Rookie of the Year - Mackey_Rose

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Most Valuable Poster BillS
    Most Humorous Poster avoidingtheclowns
    Best Debater cdash
    International Poster of the Year ballism
    Best Non-Pacer Fan Kstat
    Sunshiner of the Year Kemo
    Moderate Poster of the Year Anthem
    Darksider of the Year vnzla81, Since86
    The Post More Often Award duke dynamite
    Best Arm-Chair Coach Mackey_Rose
    Rookie of the Year MTM

There are plenty of names out there that I would otherwise vote for and several candidates I would put up for more than one nomination, but I kept my votes to one per category, except Darksider, because that one is too hard to choose for me.

I absolutely agree with McKeyFan. There are so many terrific posters who I think are more deserving of recognition than some of the people that get votes in these categories. The categories reward people who for the most part illicit the biggest reactions. Consistency, patience, and a different train of thought to some topics are things I really appreciate from posters, but a lot of the drivel from many posters ruin threads that otherwise have terrific discourse. I would like to thank everyone who didn't get nominated for anything for your contributions to this site. We together as Pacers fans have a commonality and a fondness for one another that shouldn't be brought down by our basketball opinions. Please everybody remember that we need one another for this to be better. Next time you are emotional about someone's post, please take the time to be above the sarcasm and negativity that hurts discussion. It will help you in many more phases of life than just creating a new post.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

The nominations thread is officially closed. The first voting threads will open this evening. Thanks to all who participated and good luck to all the nominees.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Here is the list of all nominees. The official nominees (those that have moved on to the voting rounds, that is) are in red/bold. As you will recall:

3) The five posters who receive the most nominations in each category will advance to the voting thread for that category. In the event of a tie, the maximum amount of nominees will be expanded to ten.

What I failed to mention is that the cut-off for the ten will be determined on a first-come, first-served basis. Nominees are ordered alphabetically.

Most Valuable Poster – Awarded to the poster who you believe to be most valuable to the board.

BillS, Naptown_Seth, Peck, Trader Joe, vnzla81
    Anthem, avoidingtheclowns, Hicks, hooiserguy, StankoLover216, xBulletproof

Most Humorous Poster – Awarded to the funniest poster on Pacers Digest.

AesopRockOn, avoidingtheclowns, CooperManning, LoneGranger33, OlBlu, PacerPenguins, TheDon, Trader Joe
    Kemo, mattie, Naptown_Seth, pacer4ever, Peck

Best Debater – Awarded to the poster whose arguments are the most convincing.

BRushWithDeath, CooperManning, cordobes, Mackey_Rose, pacer4ever, Peck, Roaming Gnome, Sookie, Unclebuck, wintermute
    cdash, Hicks

International Poster of the Year – Awarded to your favorite poster who lives outside the United States.

able, ballism, cordobes, frostwolf, granger33, Nuntius
    Johanvil, saras, yoadknux

Best Non-Pacer Fan – Awarded to your favorite poster whose primary loyalties lie with another NBA team.

cordobes, d_c, Kstat, Grace, robertmto, shags

Sunshiner of the Year – Awarded to the poster who you think was consistently optimistic and hopeful about the team and its players.

90'sNBARocked, Day-V, Foul on Smits, Kemo, TMJ31
    BillS, El Pacero, Hicks, PacersHomer, Roaming Gnome, Scott Pollard, spazzxb, Unclebuck

Moderate Poster of the Year – Awarded to the poster who you think was most level-headed and reasonable during both highs and lows.

Anthem, Bball, gummy, Hicks, Mackey_Rose, Oak Moses, Speed, Unclebuck, wintermute, xBulletproof
    Peck

Darksider of the Year – Awarded to the poster who you think was least optimistic about the team and its players.

able, BRushWithDeath, croz24, Mackey_Rose, vnzla81
    DAVIDLOCKHART40, RWB, Sookie

The Post More Often Award – Awarded to the poster who you wish, for whatever reason, would post more often.

Anthem, ChicagoJ, Kegboy, Kemo, MagicRat, Naptown_Seth, thunderbird1245
    arkman40, cordobes, count55, Doug, duke dynamite, flox, Grace, JayRedd, KennerLeaguer, owl, Pig Nash, Roaming Gnome, TMJ31

Best Arm-Chair Coach – Awarded to the poster who displayed the greatest knowledge of the game of basketball in his or her discussion of the team and its players.

cordobes, count55, Justin Tyme, Naptown_Seth, Peck, Sookie, Hoop, Oak Moses, Will Galen, xBulletproof
    CJ Jones, imawhat, Mackey_Rose

Rookie of the Year – Awarded to the best poster who has joined the board since the last awards season (June 2010).

BringJackBack, Foul on Smits, Heisenberg, LucasRL13, mattie, Mackey_Rose, pacer4ever, Sobotka, xBulletproof, xIndyfan
    MTM, Nuntius

Please advise on all errors. Putting this list together was not as easy as it looks, so mistakes may have been made. If you think anyone was short-changed in this process, please let me know.
    Last edited by LoneGranger33; 02-23-2012 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Oversight on Arm-Chair Award (Thanks imawhat/wintermute)

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Mood

not one Darksider nomination? i need to start posting more

D

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Isn't tbird retired from Armchair Coach consideration?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't understand how some are included on the post-more often award. Maybe I'm missing something but Anthem, Kemo, Kegboy and some others are posters that post quite a bit or atleast to me it seems like quite a bit. Is it just because they are good at posting that people want more of it?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cramerica View Post
    Is it just because they are good at posting that people want more of it?
    Pretty much, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by cramerica View Post
    I don't understand how some are included on the post-more often award. Maybe I'm missing something but Anthem, Kemo, Kegboy and some others are posters that post quite a bit or atleast to me it seems like quite a bit. Is it just because they are good at posting that people want more of it?
    Yeah, there's no inclusion criteria for that award, but perhaps there should be. That's something that's definitely worth discussing. Maybe there should be a cut-off at 1,000 posts (for example) since the last awards year. Right now, the person who posts the most out of anybody can be chosen as someone you'd personally like to post more often. Like the darksider and sunshiner awards, it's pretty subjective at this point.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Oops, looks like I didn't get here in time. I would have put cdash over the top in Best Debater category. Tough break, tough break.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    Oops, looks like I didn't get here in time. I would have put cdash over the top in Best Debater category. Tough break, tough break.
    My only nomination was deleted. Heart broken.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Unless I made a mistake somewhere along the line, only the following members have met the eligibility requirements for the gift card drawing:

avoidingtheclowns
    ilive4sports
    Kuq_e_Zi91
    Mackey_Rose
    Nuntius
    pacergod2
    Pacersalltheway10

If you feel like you should be on that list and aren't, please let me know via PM. Also, if for whatever reason you do not want to be considered for the prize, a PM would do the trick. Thanks!

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Awards season has officially concluded here on Pacers Digest, but I wanted to take this opportunity to once again congratulate all the winners and thank you all for nominating and voting for your fellow posters. The 8th Annual Pacers Digest Forum Awards were a great success thanks to a surplus of deserving nominees and the enthusiastic participation of a majority of our active posters. These eleven posters represent the best of the best in 2011-12, but a great many more are also worthy of high praise for their efforts over the past year and a half:

Best Arm-Chair Coach - Naptown Seth

Best Debater - Sookie

Best International Poster - ballism

Best Non-Pacer Fan - Kstat

Darksider of the Year - vnzla81

Moderate Poster of the Year - Hicks

Most Humorous Poster - avoidingtheclowns

Most Valuable Poster - Peck

The Post More Often Award - thunderbird1245

Rookie Poster of the Year - pacer4ever

Sunshiner of the Year - Kemo

Some items, possibly of interest:

This is the first year in the history of these awards that no single poster has won multiple categories.

Six (out of a possible ten) awards were given out to new winners in their category. Out of the four awards with repeat winners, two posters - Kstat and Peck - have earned retirement status with their third wins as Best Non-Pacer Fan and Most Valuable Poster respectively.

Across all categories, Mackey_Rose earned the most votes (39) without winning an award. Peck and vnzla81 led the list of total vote-getters thanks to dominant performances in a single category.

Infinite MAN_force chose the most winners with six out of his ten nominees taking home top honors (he didn't submit a pick for Moderate Poster). Two of his other four nominees placed 2nd. Unless I'm mistaken, pacergod2 was the only poster with five correct picks, while a few had four.

Kstat, Naptown_Seth and Peck - all winners this year - continue to add to their awards collection. Overall, Kstat has won seven awards (not too shabby for a Pistons fan on a Pacers fan forum!), while both Naptown_Seth and Peck picked up their sixth.

As remarked upon earlier, this year's rookie class has already surpassed a combined 20,000 posts, with Rookie Poster of the Year winner pacer4ever sitting at the 15th spot in all-time posts with an incredible 13,260.

Thanks!

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

On behalf of myself and whoever feels represented

My gratitude for your relentless work in this years elections and may I hold hope you will do the same in year(s) to come: THANK YOU !
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Across all categories, Mackey_Rose earned the most votes (39) without winning an award.
    Even though I clearly didn't get enough respect in the several categories I was nominated for, thanks for all the time and effort you put into this LG33.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post: