Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Results 401 to 414 of 414

Thread: 2/8/12 Game Thread #25: Pacers Vs. Hawks

  1. #401
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,603

    Default Re: 2/8/12 Game Thread #25: Pacers Vs. Hawks

    Roy needs to man up.

  2. #402
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,128

    Default Re: 2/8/12 Game Thread #25: Pacers Vs. Hawks

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We won the game last night?

    Okay David, that was just stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huh? We won last night.
    I'm predicting a loss against Memphis. I know we beat Utah last night.

  3. #403

    Default Re: 2/8/12 Game Thread #25: Pacers Vs. Hawks

    HIBBERT WHY NOT TAKE THAT SHOT

  4. #404
    Member ejwallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    820
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/8/12 Game Thread #25: Pacers Vs. Hawks

    Not to mention that PG24 had a record breaking 5 points tonight....

  5. #405
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    16,993

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/8/12 Game Thread #25: Pacers Vs. Hawks

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I blame this loss on the schedule, just. didn't. have. it.
    Nooooooo. The floodgates are gonna open now

  6. #406
    Member PaceBalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    5,338

    Default Re: 2/8/12 Game Thread #25: Pacers Vs. Hawks

    This is a very disappointing loss. The bar has been set high and a game like this is not acceptable. It seems they have been regressing over the last few games, still playing well, but not as well.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  8. #407
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,908
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/8/12 Game Thread #25: Pacers Vs. Hawks

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm predicting a loss against Memphis. I know we beat Utah last night.
    OK. There was no way to tell that from what you said.

    This night has been bad enough, I can't project losses into the future as well.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:


  10. #408
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,538

    Default Re: 2/8/12 Game Thread #25: Pacers Vs. Hawks

    Our biggest problem is PG, as it has been for the last 8 years or so. Problem is even if we somehow traded for a stud like Rondo/DWill, they would still need time to get acclimated to the system , and the players. In a condenced shortened season like this, wouldnt do much good

    Next year, we need to try again and get a better PG. I m through with DC's run as a starting PG. Good back up, becasue thats where his strength would come into play. He could be instant offense off the bench. Man, we need a PG
    Sittin on top of the world!

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  12. #409
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    531

    Default Re: 2/8/12 Game Thread #25: Pacers Vs. Hawks

    I like this passing DC better he picked up 7 assists to 1 TO since the point we got down 21 points and his supporting cast didn't shoot that well over that period.

  13. #410
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,939

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/8/12 Game Thread #25: Pacers Vs. Hawks

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I blame this loss on the schedule, just. didn't. have. it.
    why do people keeping saying this schedule crap

  14. #411
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: 2/8/12 Game Thread #25: Pacers Vs. Hawks

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our biggest problem is PG, as it has been for the last 8 years or so. Problem is even if we somehow traded for a stud like Rondo/DWill, they would still need time to get acclimated to the system , and the players. In a condenced shortened season like this, wouldnt do much good

    Next year, we need to try again and get a better PG. I m through with DC's run as a starting PG. Good back up, becasue thats where his strength would come into play. He could be instant offense off the bench. Man, we need a PG
    He'd be an awesome offensive option off the bench... But he is not putting his teammates in position for success. There is no excuse for him to ignore Roy all game, and him running a pick and roll is a waste of time because the percentage chance that he finds the guy setting the pick is so miniscule that it puts no pressure on the defense... I really like DC, but it's obvious to me that he doesn't work as a distributor... And him as a scorer hurts the offense of the other guys...

    Again... I like DC, he's been our best point guard since Tinman, but an actual point guard is the next step forward followed by Paul George's growth and an uber talented bench...

    Done nagging.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  16. #412
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,128

    Default Re: 2/8/12 Game Thread #25: Pacers Vs. Hawks

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK. There was no way to tell that from what you said.
    Well, you and Sookie assumed I forgot about the win vs Utah instead of assuming I was talking about the next game in Memphis. Basically, you guys thought I was an idiot where I was hoping you would have thought I was a pessimist.
    Last edited by LoneGranger33; 02-08-2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Did you say steak? No, mistake.

  17. #413
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,908
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2/8/12 Game Thread #25: Pacers Vs. Hawks

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, you and Sookie assumed I forgot about the win in Utah instead of assuming I was talking about the next game in Memphis. Basically, you guys thought I was an idiot where I was hoping you would have thought I was a pessimist.


    I figured the near collapse was bad enough that anyone could be forgiven for remembering it as a loss.

    And it was in Indy.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  18. #414
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,128

    Default Re: 2/8/12 Game Thread #25: Pacers Vs. Hawks

    Well, at least Tyler had a solid outing. He's still not getting the calls he used to though, and that's not good.


    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And it was in Indy.
    Whoops!

    I always make that mistake - the home/away aspect is easy to overlook when you've got League Pass and live out-of-state.
    Last edited by LoneGranger33; 02-08-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Nick Van Exel joins Hawks coaching staff
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 02:18 PM
  2. Hawks hire Larry Drew as head coach
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 01:29 AM
  3. Mike Woodson out as Hawks coach
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 09:30 PM
  4. 02/05/2005 Game Thread: Pacers vs Hawks
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-06-2005, 01:55 AM
  5. ESPN Insider 8/3/04
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 11:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •