Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 143 of 143

Thread: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

  1. #126
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,082

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    What time?
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  2. #127
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What time?
    The show runs from 12-3. I don't know which segment he'll be on.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  4. #128

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I wish we could get Earl Watson as our backup.
    NO THANKS!

    Neither he, Jarrett Jack, nor Diener are coming back no matter how much some would like to see it. Hopefully, after this season I can put Price in the same category as Diener... what ever happened to him.

  5. #129
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,609

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What bad shot did he take tonight? I personally don't think shooting when the shot clock is winding down is a bad shot, but if others disagree, so be it.

    He's going to make mistakes. It happens. Are turnovers truly a problem for Price? I don't think so. Yea, he turned it over twice in a row tonight, but it's typically not a problem.

    It's not that I don't think he's playing poorly, it's that I think people go way overboard with the criticism, whereas other players are seemingly above it.

    Tyler Hansbrough played straight awful for weeks, and it was rarely talked about. David West was TERRIBLE tonight, never mentioned. Lance Stephenson can play terrible for game after game, and people will pick out the one good play he had and suggest he was awesome.
    Paul George has a habit of getting himself in foul trouble early in games, when has that been noted...and only Seth has pointed out his apparent occasional ADD. George Hill really struggled from the field in the beginning of the season, there was a whole lot of patience with that. Why no patience with AJ?

    DC and Danny seem to be the only other players that get this wrath. At least they're starters, and playing major minutes.

    So, you know what, it is his fault when he turns the ball over and when he misses shots. But for ten minutes tonight, he played well. And because of his two mistakes it became this hyperbolic reaction where it seems as if - and this started last season - one mistake and AJ sucked. A few missed shots, AJ sucks. How is that reasonable? I think the way people reacted to him in the playoffs is the perfect example of this.

    AJ's a young guy, and he hasn't had the easiest time in Indiana, if there's a kid on this team that deserves slack, it's Price. Why people expect him to be flawless, especially when it's clear that he's struggling with confidence and such at this time, is beyond me.

    And regardless, as a fan of his, I think he just needs to be in a different situation. Mentally, he's just not the same player. And it's clear he's not part of the Pacer's future plans, and IMO, as much as he tries to act like a team guy..he knows it. It would just be better for him to be somewhere else. Even though it's a shame because the Pacers are in a good place now.
    Just food for thought here. I actually thought AJ played well, all things considered. I also think DC is only effective when looking for his own shot and it is falling. He can do the pick and pop well, but he doesn tget everyone involved. In my opinion AJ does that the best on the team. I dont think he took bad shoots last night, but it is so difficult for him to be successful in this on and off again thing

    The only thought I have , is that you made a comment on how "AJ gets blasted" on the board yet "Lance can have bad game after bad game and gets nothing"

    Therein lies the issue. I feel everytime you defend AJ, its at the expense of taking a shot at Lance. I dont agree with your opinion on him, and felt like he played extreemly well last night. I think this is the problem sove have with you in your feelings towards AJ and Lance

    Just my opinion and I like you stick up for the player you like, just dont think it should be at the expense of another player

    again just a thought here, right or wrong
    Sittin on top of the world!

  6. #130
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully, after this season I can put Price in the same category as Diener... what ever happened to him.
    Travis plays in the Italian Serie A for Dinamo Sassari. He averages 13.3 PPG, 5.1 APG and 3.3 RPG. His team is pretty much a middle of the pack team in Italy that is en route of going to the playoffs as one of the last seeds.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  8. #131
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,246

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Each team has only got one b2b2b in their schedule or more?

  9. #132
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What time?
    He said in the next hour, so sometime after 1 o'clock.

  10. #133

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    What an attitude.

    I pointed out what I saw in the game that I felt hurt the Pacers in the game. Maybe I should have said we won even though these things occurred in the game. There is no such thing as a perfect game in BB. There are always things that can be improved upon, and pointing them out doesn't mean one has a bad attitude.

    Oh btw, I changed my mood to TINGLY last week, so I believe "my attitude" is just fine.

  11. #134

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just food for thought here. I actually thought AJ played well, all things considered. I also think DC is only effective when looking for his own shot and it is falling. He can do the pick and pop well, but he doesn tget everyone involved. In my opinion AJ does that the best on the team. I dont think he took bad shoots last night, but it is so difficult for him to be successful in this on and off again thing

    The only thought I have , is that you made a comment on how "AJ gets blasted" on the board yet "Lance can have bad game after bad game and gets nothing"

    Therein lies the issue. I feel everytime you defend AJ, its at the expense of taking a shot at Lance. I dont agree with your opinion on him, and felt like he played extreemly well last night. I think this is the problem sove have with you in your feelings towards AJ and Lance

    Just my opinion and I like you stick up for the player you like, just dont think it should be at the expense of another player

    again just a thought here, right or wrong
    I wasn't taking a shot at Lance. I was merely pointing out that a majority of Lance's games (and he's not the only one, this applies to Tyler and Lou and half the time West - Who I've said deserves plenty of slack- as well) have been pretty bad. And yet we don't see anyone posting about how they can't wait to get rid of them. (Okay, maybe Lou gets it a bit..)

    I made the point in saying that everyone gets a pass, except DC, Danny, and AJ. And that was my problem. And sometimes, when mistakes happen, that aren't completely their fault (or aren't at all, it just appears that way) they still get blamed.

    Like last night, when DC was getting "bashed" for not passing. When PG went to the bench with foul trouble, Lance isn't the type of player you pass to for a bucket (he needs to create it himself to score) and besides Hibbert, everyone else was that DC played with was missing. So he was extra aggressive with his scoring. He made a majority of his shots, and we get blown out if he decides to be "pass first."

  12. #135
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,455

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    This game showed me that we still don't know how to close teams out, but that we are learning how to survive an opponent's late surge. The former is something they need to work on, the latter is a good sign. The latter should've never happened though, had they worked on the former. That's about it. Giving up a huge lead like that is frustrating, but at least they won. Utah had no business being in this game late.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  13. #136
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,044

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he's as good as you guys make him out why hasn't anyone swooped in to steal this great untapped talent we're wasting?

    His career per 36 shows him shooting more often than Tyler with a worse percentage and picking up about 2 less dimes than DC. So when he plays he's giving a worse rates than the forums two biggest complaints.
    You didn't read what I said at all did you.

    By the way, on a team of Collison, Hill, and Stephenson being the best pure PG isn't saying much. Being a game manager doesn't get you much interest in trades as anything more than filler if you aren't putting up nice stats. This isn't a league that appreciates complimentary players much. Foster is a rare exception.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  15. #137

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You didn't read what I said at all did you.

    By the way, on a team of Collison, Hill, and Stephenson being the best pure PG isn't saying much. Being a game manager doesn't get you much interest in trades as anything more than filler if you aren't putting up nice stats. This isn't a league that appreciates complimentary players much. Foster is a rare exception.
    When I think of pure point guard skills, I'm thinking of passing ability and court awareness. According to our GM, Lance is the best at those.

    When comes to PG mentality and being a floor general, I'd say AJ's the best.

    When it comes to scoring, speed, and quickness, I'd go with Darren.

  16. #138
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,362

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny will be on the Jim Rome show today.
    What happened with this? Did anybody listen? I can't cause I'm at work.

  17. #139
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,609

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't taking a shot at Lance. I was merely pointing out that a majority of Lance's games (and he's not the only one, this applies to Tyler and Lou and half the time West - Who I've said deserves plenty of slack- as well) have been pretty bad. And yet we don't see anyone posting about how they can't wait to get rid of them. (Okay, maybe Lou gets it a bit..)

    I made the point in saying that everyone gets a pass, except DC, Danny, and AJ. And that was my problem. And sometimes, when mistakes happen, that aren't completely their fault (or aren't at all, it just appears that way) they still get blamed.

    Like last night, when DC was getting "bashed" for not passing. When PG went to the bench with foul trouble, Lance isn't the type of player you pass to for a bucket (he needs to create it himself to score) and besides Hibbert, everyone else was that DC played with was missing. So he was extra aggressive with his scoring. He made a majority of his shots, and we get blown out if he decides to be "pass first."
    I clearly, clearly disagree with the bolded part EVERY PLAYER gets slammed from time to time here : Nature of the beast someone always has to be the scape goat.

    The other bolded part not sure if I understand correctly. If your saying Lance is not the type to get a pass and launch a 20 footer, then I agree with you, thats not his suit right now. If your saying you dont pass to Lance to create a bucket, then I disagree, becuase after receiving the pass, he can still beat his man off the dribble
    Sittin on top of the world!

  18. #140

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I clearly, clearly disagree with the bolded part EVERY PLAYER gets slammed from time to time here : Nature of the beast someone always has to be the scape goat.

    The other bolded part not sure if I understand correctly. If your saying Lance is not the type to get a pass and launch a 20 footer, then I agree with you, thats not his suit right now. If your saying you dont pass to Lance to create a bucket, then I disagree, becuase after receiving the pass, he can still beat his man off the dribble
    It's just the extent of it. As said, DC or AJ make one mistake, and the criticisms are non stop. Tyler's got to play awful for weeks before it's mentioned. (And I'm not bashing Tyler or anyone else, I'm just pointing out the differences)

    I was saying he wasn't the type of player you create a shot for. He's not going to take a jumper, but rather try and score off the dribble. AKA, it's not going to show up in the stat sheet for whoever passed it to him.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  20. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's just the extent of it. As said, DC or AJ make one mistake, and the criticisms are non stop. Tyler's got to play awful for weeks before it's mentioned. (And I'm not bashing Tyler or anyone else, I'm just pointing out the differences)

    I was saying he wasn't the type of player you create a shot for. He's not going to take a jumper, but rather try and score off the dribble. AKA, it's not going to show up in the stat sheet for whoever passed it to him.
    I was bashing Tyler all this time for his suckiness and I am a Tyler Hansbrough fan, there was a whole thread with people bashing him, the DC argument is usually about his inability to pass the ball and floor vision if you consider that bashing I guess I don't know what to say.

    Like I said before even I(a Tyler Hansbrough fan) have the cojones to call my favorite player(after PG ) out, why is so hard for you to do the same thing with AJ? you keep just making excuses after excuses and never acknowledge that the guy hasn't been playing good basketball.

  21. #142

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was bashing Tyler all this time for his suckiness and I am a Tyler Hansbrough fan, there was a whole thread with people bashing him, the DC argument is usually about his inability to pass the ball and floor vision if you consider that bashing I guess I don't know what to say.

    Like I said before even I(a Tyler Hansbrough fan) have the cojones to call my favorite player(after PG ) out, why is so hard for you to do the same thing with AJ? you keep just making excuses after excuses and never acknowledge that the guy hasn't been playing good basketball.
    I've repeatedly said he hasn't been playing good basketball.

    But I also look for possible reasons why people are struggling, regardless of who said player is. As I just don't assume players suck for no reason if they've proven to me they are good players.

    For example, when mentioning that Tyler isn't good at setting screens, I suggested that it's probably because he's an energetic and somewhat impatient player, and those types of players tend to leave screens early. That's not making an excuse for Tyler, or at least that's not my intention. That's supplying a reason for his behavior.

    I just happen to see, and I have since last season, a big difference between the way our point guards are talked about and the way everyone else is, and barely recognized for their good play. (Seriously, was Price's fantastic defense during the stretch Lance was out even mentioned?) DC and AJ aren't making more mistakes than anyone else. AJ hasn't been good since Hill's injury. But there's a huge difference between saying someone is struggling and saying someone sucks or "can't do X" etc.
    Last edited by Sookie; 02-08-2012 at 04:00 PM.

  22. #143

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    [QUOTE=Kid Minneapolis;1369201]

    This game showed me that we still don't know how to close teams out, but that we are learning how to survive an opponent's late surge. QUOTE]

    I agree, and the Pacers wouldn't have won this game under the former coach either. I am so IMPRESSED with Vogel's positiveness with his players. It's such a stark difference from the past. It's just absolutely refreshing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Heat postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 02:50 PM
  2. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 11:42 PM
  3. Postgame thread Pacers at Pistons
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 08:13 PM
  4. Everybody calm down (Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread)
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 05:48 PM
  5. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 10:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •