Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 143

Thread: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

  1. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    531

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Danny saving all his makes for the 4th quarter was big!

    Man does the bench goes stagnant quick when Tyler gets left out of the offense or what. Jazz got it down to a 6 point game then Tyler makes a bucket, we draw a charge to get the ball back then Hansbrough gets defected in a double team gets it back then hits Jones for a 3 point play to push it back up to 11 then this happened....

    Dahntay Jones misses a jump shot from 18 feet out.
    Dahntay Jones misses a jump shot from 5 feet out.
    Lance Stephenson misses free throw 1 of 2.
    Lance Stephenson misses free throw 2 of 2.
    Dahntay Jones misses a 3-point jump shot from 53 feet out.
    C.J. Miles steals the ball from A.J. Price.
    A.J. Price misses a jump shot from 16 feet out.
    A.J. Price with a traveling turnover: Traveling
    Louis Amundson misses a jump shot from 6 feet out.
    C.J. Miles blocks a Dahntay Jones layup shot from 3 feet out.
    Paul George misses a 3-point jump shot from 26 feet out.

    Team goes a -10 over this 4:41 of play and we got 1 shot off by someone who you like taking it and it was a long 3 ball. We honestly need a guy who can pass on the bench bad if we're going to do anything come playoffs time.

    You know we have passing issues when in the 4 games this month Tyler is 2nd on the bench in dimes picking up a quarter of the total behind Price who got 4 in one game and 7 total. D Jones has 3 in 59 min of play this month but has got off 16 shots making 6 but only picking up 4 boards with 4 TO. Lance has 2 this month and Lou has yet to pick one up

  2. #27

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way I can't wait for Hill to come back and let AJ get back to the bench and never see him again.
    All he's doing is playing himself out of the NBA. Seriously, he makes me want Travis Diener back!! Where is Diener therse days?

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  4. #28

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Speaking of taking tough pills, Danny said in his post game interview that he took the wrong dosage of sleeping pills last night and it made him very lethargic and he was trying to flush out his system all day. Said he didn't feelike himself until he sweated it all out in the 4th.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JBones19 For This Useful Post:


  6. #29
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,929
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JBones19 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking of taking tough pills, Danny said in his post game interview that he took the wrong dosage of sleeping pills last night and it made him very lethargic and he was trying to flush out his system all day. Said he didn't feelike himself until he sweated it all out in the 4th.
    Interesting.

    These guys run on so much adrenaline, I've often wondered how many of them have sleep problems.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    "Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:


  8. #30

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't wait for AJ to be on a different team too..
    D-League bound.

  9. #31

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Pacers blow a 21 pt lead.

    Pacers get out reb 43-37.

    Bench is terrible! Where's all this bench depth Bird feels he's got?

  10. #32
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JBones19 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking of taking tough pills, Danny said in his post game interview that he took the wrong dosage of sleeping pills last night and it made him very lethargic and he was trying to flush out his system all day. Said he didn't feelike himself until he sweated it all out in the 4th.
    How do you take the wrong dosage of sleeping pills? "Do I have two or six pills in my hand? Eh, it's probably two."

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Isaac For This Useful Post:


  12. #33
    Remember #31 dohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,333

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers blow a 21 pt lead.

    Pacers get out reb 43-37.

    Bench is terrible! Where's all this bench depth Bird feels he's got?
    You don't really blow a lead unless you lose.

    I wouldn't blame it on the bench because they are partially the reason we got the lead. I would look at our two so called stars. Danny has what 2 points mid way through the third quarter and west has 8 points. I am sorry but the bench did its job. The stars need to start earning their pay.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:


  14. #34

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you take the wrong dosage of sleeping pills? "Do I have two or six pills in my hand? Eh, it's probably two."
    I had the same thought.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you watch the first 3 quarters? Other than doing a good job in the 4th he pretty much sucked all game.
    He was great when it mattered the most.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ramitt For This Useful Post:


  17. #36
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,828

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Saras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Collison 25 points,4 rebs,5 assists on 14 shots. And most important 0 turnovers, and yet again I see people questioning this guy to be a starter even, ridiculous.
    So you use the first post of this thread as bait to continue the arguing from the game thread here.

  18. #37

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't really blow a lead unless you lose.

    I wouldn't blame it on the bench because they are partially the reason we got the lead. I would look at our two so called stars. Danny has what 2 points mid way through the third quarter and west has 8 points. I am sorry but the bench did its job. The stars need to start earning their pay.
    And again we WIN regardless damn

  19. #38
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,929
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you take the wrong dosage of sleeping pills? "Do I have two or six pills in my hand? Eh, it's probably two."
    I've done it once or twice. Here's how, it's pretty simple.

    You are tired. Really tired. But not sleepy, which is why you're taking the meds. You're in that overtired, auto-pilot mode everyone slips into occasionally. You shake the pill out, glance down at your hand, pop it into your mouth, and swallow it all in one motion. Then your tired brain catches up and you process the picture from a few seconds ago - three pills instead of two, ****!

    But it's too late, unless you want to try and throw it up...and if I was a pro athlete I might. Then again, maybe you figure the game is late the next day and it'll be fine...and you don't know that you're wrong until it's too late.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    "Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:


  21. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    531

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bench is terrible! Where's all this bench depth Bird feels he's got?
    Two guys are hurt and the healthy one got froze out when the bench went bad for the first 10 of a 12-0 run.

  22. #40
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,799

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Is it going to take a deep playoff run to get attendance back up?

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to NapTonius Monk For This Useful Post:


  24. #41
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've done it once or twice. Here's how, it's pretty simple.

    You are tired. Really tired. But not sleepy, which is why you're taking the meds. You're in that overtired, auto-pilot mode everyone slips into occasionally. You shake the pill out, glance down at your hand, pop it into your mouth, and swallow it all in one motion. Then your tired brain catches up and you process the picture from a few seconds ago - three pills instead of two, ****!

    But it's too late, unless you want to try and throw it up...and if I was a pro athlete I might. Then again, maybe you figure the game is late the next day and it'll be fine...and you don't know that you're wrong until it's too late.
    Not to mention it may not have been last night. A lot of players take naps before the game as well.

    It would be that drowsy feeling that you get when you take NyQuil or Benadryl but don't get enough sleep and just wake up cloudy

  25. #42

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it going to take a deep playoff run to get attendance back up?
    Probably a star and a championship, at minimum.

  26. #43

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it going to take a deep playoff run to get attendance back up?
    It's expected to rise soon.

    I didn't think too highly of tonight. People are still getting over the SB, streets are opening up again, decorations are coming down.

    The 76ers attendance shot up BIG and it's expected the same for the Pacers soon.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  27. #44
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,561

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny saving all his makes for the 4th quarter was big!

    Man does the bench goes stagnant quick when Tyler gets left out of the offense or what. Jazz got it down to a 6 point game then Tyler makes a bucket, we draw a charge to get the ball back then Hansbrough gets defected in a double team gets it back then hits Jones for a 3 point play to push it back up to 11 then this happened....

    Dahntay Jones misses a jump shot from 18 feet out.
    Dahntay Jones misses a jump shot from 5 feet out.
    Lance Stephenson misses free throw 1 of 2.
    Lance Stephenson misses free throw 2 of 2.
    Dahntay Jones misses a 3-point jump shot from 53 feet out.
    C.J. Miles steals the ball from A.J. Price.
    A.J. Price misses a jump shot from 16 feet out.
    A.J. Price with a traveling turnover: Traveling
    Louis Amundson misses a jump shot from 6 feet out.
    C.J. Miles blocks a Dahntay Jones layup shot from 3 feet out.
    Paul George misses a 3-point jump shot from 26 feet out.

    Team goes a -10 over this 4:41 of play and we got 1 shot off by someone who you like taking it and it was a long 3 ball. We honestly need a guy who can pass on the bench bad if we're going to do anything come playoffs time.

    You know we have passing issues when in the 4 games this month Tyler is 2nd on the bench in dimes picking up a quarter of the total behind Price who got 4 in one game and 7 total. D Jones has 3 in 59 min of play this month but has got off 16 shots making 6 but only picking up 4 boards with 4 TO. Lance has 2 this month and Lou has yet to pick one up
    It isn't the passing that is the problem, it is the shooting. No one is consistently making anything, and no matter how good the passing is if the guy doesn't make the shot it isn't an assist. There are two equally important factors in what makes an assist, a good pass is only 50% of it.

  28. #45
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,561

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    I need to add:

    We STILL haven't lost 2 games in a row!!!!

  29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  30. #46

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably a star and a championship, at minimum.


    If we're talking about selling out every game then that'd be it.

    All is on the right track and attendance will rise soon.

    Some more sellouts or near sellouts over the weekends and larger crowds during the week.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  31. #47

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    If we're talking about selling out every game then that'd be it.

    All is on the right track and attendance will rise soon.

    Some more sellouts or near sellouts over the weekends and larger crowds during the week.
    Should have added the green to my post.

  32. #48
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,452

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    In spite of what everyone is saying, I didn't think DG played poorly. He wasn't forcing shots and wasn't hitting his open ones. In the 4th he was MONEY.

    The Jazz have always been the type of team that would give us trouble (physical athletic 4's that can put pressure on west and Tyler) West is starting to annoy me a bit. He just isn't getting it going on offense, and any team with a good PF has been killing us (Mavs, Magic, Jazz, etc) he really needs to start asserting himself more.

    All in all though, can't complain about a W against one of the 2nd tier western conference teams isn't bad.

  33. #49

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    fwiw, lance is rapidly becoming my favorite player. he reminds me of tyler last year or baby al when he first became a pacer. trying so hard to do the right thing, but playing without a clue so much of the time. and those shining moments where the game slows down and he can do what he does. i really hope he gets it together. i felt so sorry for him when he came out after getting too excited and melting down.

    man, i miss earl watson.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  35. #50
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,579

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Utah postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    8 To's for the Pacers.That's nice.
    5 of them in the 4th quarter. 4 of them to start said quarter, as well

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Heat postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 03:50 PM
  2. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 12:42 AM
  3. Postgame thread Pacers at Pistons
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 09:13 PM
  4. Everybody calm down (Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread)
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 06:48 PM
  5. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 11:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •